Clubs We Have Connections To

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, East London Loyal said:

Every club in England has fans who have a thing for Rangers and mine are no exception. The majority don't care about Scottish football, but for those of us who do then we have our reasons for liking a particular club and for me it's family.

In no way am I being biased to say I've met far more West Ham that like the Bears over those that prefer Celtic. 

Love that new West ham top btw

1 hour ago, foghorn leghorn said:

We have connections with a club that used to employ - Steven Pressley, Kenny Miller, Alfie Conn, Kenny McDowall and Mo Johnston.

Amazingly they were our best mates at one time. even loaned them players. Then they got all kafflicky.

1 minute ago, foghorn leghorn said:

That will be the famine era then?

Think in the early 1900's their only keeper got injured and we loaned them our reserve for the rest of the season. We also bailed out Aberdeen and few others during the war by putting a B team in the Northern league to stop them from folding. Hearts had to join the Southern league to get the gates against Rangers for the same reason.

Just now, GMac said:

Think in the early 1900's their only keeper got injured and we loaned them our reserve for the rest of the season. We also bailed out Aberdeen and few others during the war by putting a B team in the Northern league to stop them from folding. Hearts had to join the Southern league to get the gates against Rangers for the same reason.

Didn't think you were that old mate.

6 hours ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Burnley.

I was working in Burnley in the summer of 2009 and the number of people out and about in Rangers tops blew me away. Especially in a year Burnley were promoted. In a three week period I musta counted at least 15.

Chelsea there is a link between a section of their support and ours and respect some of their support for that and would welcome them at ibrox any time. The team and club though I am not really bothered about 

only team for me is rangers but will always have a soft spot for linfield , always a great day when we play and the only club to offer some form of helping hand in our direction in 2012 

Out of interest,in the new challenge cup is it possible for linfield to draw the spoon burners ?

49 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Chelsea there is a link between a section of their support and ours and respect some of their support for that and would welcome them at ibrox any time. The team and club though I am not really bothered about 

only team for me is rangers but will always have a soft spot for linfield , always a great day when we play and the only club to offer some form of helping hand in our direction in 2012 

Out of interest,in the new challenge cup is it possible for linfield to draw the spoon burners ?

Yes but not until later in the competition.

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy. Big Geordie Young signed from them, as did Bobby Hume, Brian McIlroy, Tom Hamilton, John Walker, Willie Paton, Billy Williamson, George Duncan and William Robb. Big Marvin Andrews also played a season at Adamslie Park, but hey, who has big Marvin not played for. We have also had many friendlies over the years, and as a side note we played Chelsea in a challenge match in 1963 at Adamslie and the Chelsea team featured Ron Harris, John Hollins, Peter Ozgood, Peter Houseman and Joe Fascione, who had just signed for Chelsea from Rob Roy. Chelsea won BTW 3-2. There was a crowd of 9,000 but the biggest cheer of the night was when they announced the half time score from Hampden, which was Rangers 2 v 0 Celtic.