Lean Squad

So last year we had a 'lean squad' which we are due to address for the coming season as the quality of opposition and goals are are increased... 

Players Out: 

1)Law - 2)Clark - 3)Bell - 4)Sheils - 5)Templeton - 6)Gasparroto 

Players In:

1)Barton - 2)Gilks - 3)Windass - 4)Crooks - 5)Kranjcar - 6)Hill - 7)Rossiter

Bell - Gilks = arguable improvement (experienced number two) No significant impact on first team.

Sheils - Kranjcar = Potentially significant improvement provided Kranjcar adjusts to Scottish game??.

Law - Barton = Huge improvement (although out of all departing players Law was my favourite) 

Templeton - Windass = Regardless how successful Josh is he's an extra man given lack of appearances from Templeton.

Gasparatto - Crooks = Improvement despite not seeing much of Gasparatto, Crooks offers promise.

Clark - Rossiter = Massive improvement, Clark was such a poor substitute and Rossiter could be a huge success at Rangers.

Hill = Experience, leader and role model for younger players.

So to date we've certainly improved the squad, we've only increased the playing squad by 1 but should expect another 2 or 3 in. Given Templeton and Gasparroto didn't feature that really gives us an additional 3 as it stands, 5-6 additional players in first team squad over last year would be great. Possibly a couple of younger loans on top of that given I've not included the loans from last year (who only had bit part roles).

Really believe the squad is much improved, we had the makings of a good team which now could be great. A striker of top quality should be our main target, we've not spent anything on transfer fees to make these signings, I feel this could be where we are needing to push the boat out and sign a penalty box poacher. If we can do that we're in proper good shape going into next season. 

Your thoughts??...

8 minutes ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

So last year we had a 'lean squad' which we are due to address for the coming season as the quality of opposition and goals are are increased... 

Players Out: 

Players In:

Bell - Gilks = arguable improvement (experienced number two) No significant impact on first team.

Sheils - Kranjcar = Potentially significant improvement provided Kranjcar adjusts to Scottish game??.

Law - Barton = Huge improvement (although out of all departing players Law was my favourite) 

Templeton - Windass = Regardless how successful Dean is he's an extra man given lack of appearances from Templeton.

Gasparatto - Crooks = Improvement despite not seeing much of Gasparatto, Crooks offers promise.

Clark - Rossiter = Massive improvement, Clark was such a poor substitute and Rossiter could be a huge success at Rangers.

Hill = Experience, leader and role model for younger players.

So to date we've certainly improved the squad, we've only increased the playing squad by 1 but should expect another 2 or 3 in. Given Templeton and Gasparroto didn't feature that really gives us an additional 3 as it stands, 5-6 additional players in first team squad over last year would be great. Possibly a couple of younger loans on top of that given I've not included the loans from last year (who only had bit part roles).

Really believe the squad is much improved, we had the makings of a good team which now could be great. A striker of top quality should be our main target, we've not spent anything on transfer fees to make these signings, I feel this could be where we are needing to push the boat out and sign a penalty box poacher. If we can do that we're in proper good shape going into next season. 

Your thoughts??...

We also have 'youth' and returning Loan players 

It's all the boards fault apparently. MW wants a bigger squad but he used all his goodwill with the board to secure scouting, recruitment strategy and academy funding. Silly bugger forgot to negotiate transfer funds... :lol:

2 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

It's all the boards fault apparently. MW wants a bigger squad but he used all his goodwill with the board to secure scouting, recruitment strategy and academy funding. Silly bugger forgot to negotiate transfer funds... :lol:

He still got £30M surely? 

:pipe: 

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

He still got £30M surely? 

:pipe: 

Dave King offered MW £50 million for players or sorting out scouts, a recruitment infrastructure and the academy. Warburton chose the wrong one the silly bugger...

Reckon full back cover will come in and two strikers. However as much as we've got a really strong starting 11 I would like another starting centre back to come in with a striker.

Wes

Tav

Kiernan/Wilson

New CB

Wallace

Kranjcar 

Barton

Forrester

Mckay

New striker 

Waghorn

reseves

Gilks

Hill

Halliday

Holt

Rossetier

Miller

Francis

Windass

Crooks

Hardie

5 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Reckon full back cover will come in and two strikers. However as much as we've got a really strong starting 11 I would like another starting centre back to come in with a striker.

Wes

Tav

Kiernan/Wilson

New CB

Wallace

Kranjcar 

Barton

Forrester

Mckay

New striker 

Waghorn

reseves

Gilks

Hill

Halliday

Holt

Rossetier

Miller

Francis

Windass

Crooks

Hardie

Forgot about o halloran in a coversation aswell yesterday 

11 minutes ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

Unsure how much of an impact Kranjcar will have, just don't think he'll have enough time on the ball as he needs. Potentially a pedro mendes but also a jerome rothem! 

If he still has some of the ability he displayed during his time in England he will piss all over this league. He is capable of finding space where in reality there shouldn't be any. I agree he is a gamble but if it pays off we have some player on our hands.

Edit: I should add that I think him and Barton will be fighting it out for SPFL player of the year this year.

54 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

Dave King offered MW £50 million for players or sorting out scouts, a recruitment infrastructure and the academy. Warburton chose the wrong one the silly bugger...

Warbs oot :pipe: board oot - scotland oot - uk oot! 

57 minutes ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

Players Out: 

We actually lost 8 players from the squad that started/finished last season .... Bell - Law - Clark - Templeton - Shiels - Ball - King - Zelalem.and it would be 9 players if we count Nathan Oduwa who made 19 appearances for us before he went back down South.

I didn't count Aird (who only made 4 appearances as a sub)  and I didn't count Gasparotto because he wasn't even in the first team squad.

1 hour ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

Players Out: 

Players In:

I don't know why you're comparing Nicky Clark and Rossiter tbh??

Also we lost Zelalem and Ball who were important players for us last season. 

Putting comparisons between players going and arriving aside, the squad is shaping up really well...

Foderingham, Gilks

Tavernier, Wallace, Kiernan, Hill, Wilson, XXXX

Rossiter, Crooks, Barton, Halliday, Holt, Kranjcar, Forrester

McKay, O'Halleron, Windass, Waghorn, Miller, XXXX

2 more players please!

The squad is still going to be pretty lean, but that fits in with wee murray the bridge builder's plan of playing second fiddle to the kiddy fiddlers at the Saville Dome for a few years.

Where is Dave King's money?

We don't need marquee signings we just need to cover all eventualities.

1 minute ago, big blue Fin said:

The squad is still going to be pretty lean, but that fits in with wee murray the bridge builder's plan of playing second fiddle to the kiddy fiddlers at the Saville Dome for a few years.

Where is Dave King's money?

We don't need marquee signings we just need to cover all eventualities.

:lol: Fuck sake.

4 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

:lol: Fuck sake.

What?

I just want us fans to have the best squad we can afford and as far as I can see we can't afford much. Free Agents, players well into their thirties and loans may be good enough, but forgive me for wanting to see us rip the tarriers and the sheep shaggers apart. As for my comment on King's money, he promised us the moon and the stars, at my age I'm a bit impatient.

5 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

What?

I just want us fans to have the best squad we can afford and as far as I can see we can't afford much. Free Agents, players well into their thirties and loans may be good enough, but forgive me for wanting to see us rip the tarriers and the sheep shaggers apart. As for my comment on King's money, he promised us the moon and the stars, at my age I'm a bit impatient.

Warburton likes a lean squad ya daft bastard.

Well MW did recently say that he is hoping to sign another CB (possibly 2) and a striker so we potentially have another 3 players coming in, these I believe would be permanent transfers there is also the possibility of some loan signings again and don't forget our own Academy players who might be around the first team a lot more.