Would you like to see Weir given the job next?

KingKirk

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be dead against it.  Weir has only ever had one previous managers job and it was a disaster.  1 win in 14 with Sheffield United before being sacked.  We should give the job to guys who have proven themselves.  Allowing a rookie to takeover a club of this size is a mistake.  Do we really want another McCoist type situation?  It doesn't matter what he did as a player.

15 hours ago, Hamie said:

He's worked under managers who have very different styles. Moyes, Sir Walter and now Warburton. 

He probably has some really good contacts now aswel. 

However it can't be forgotten; he was a complete failure at Sheffield United. 

Untill he's shown he can actually do the top job it would be a no from me. 

Every point a winner in this post.:541:

Thanks for coming do Rangers at the end of your career and doing a great job as a centre half. Thanks for coming back and doing a professional job as assistant manager but it's a no from me as our next manager. He doesn't have the personality to handle the media scrutiny. Plus I've never been crazy about CH's becoming managers. I'm sure there are some successful examples like Beckenbaur, Butcher etc but I'm never keen on it for some reason.

6 hours ago, RD.1872 said:

Going by his Sheffield United exploits, it's a no from me. 

But... this is part of the discussion?  You learn more from failure than success. And he has now failed and seen how success is achieved.  For me? No.  Wrong personality to be gaffer.  Right guy to be an assistant (tu)

Nope. Think everyone knows why. No one should ever be handed the job ever again. They should have to go thru the same process as any new manager and have a proven track record as a manager not an assistant.

2 hours ago, Willis said:

Nope. Think everyone knows why. No one should ever be handed the job ever again. They should have to go thru the same process as any new manager and have a proven track record as a manager not an assistant.

Like Souness and Walter did! 

On 9 July 2016 at 8:12 AM, Vwbear said:

If warburton went today the manager out there I would currently like would be Robbie neilson 

Yep, totally agree. Neilsons doing great, and is flying under the radar.

Robbie Neilson Ffs is that our ambition! Warburton brought moderninity - Robbie Neilson would be a step back - besides I'd rather concentrate on how we can keep MW AND SDW for a 15 year dynasty of success ! 

On ‎2016‎/‎07‎/‎09 at 8:35 AM, KingKirk said:

personally I think this might be likely.. Would you be for or against it. Weir has said both have the same thoughts on how the game should be played so wouldn't be to much upheaval. Weir and Miller would be my shout for next management team.....

Personally I think you're a Weirdo

7 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Robbie Neilson Ffs is that our ambition! Warburton brought moderninity - Robbie Neilson would be a step back - besides I'd rather concentrate on how we can keep MW AND SDW for a 15 year dynasty of success ! 

Ffs? Neilson has done the exact same job warburton done in his first season 

blew away the championship playing decent football and a top 3 finish now and in Europe is a great turnaround!

coming from someone who follows snp I feel you probably don't like neilson as he's not a Tim 

4 hours ago, Willis said:

That literally means fuck all when it comes to Sir Davies managerial abilities

Your argument was a Rangers manager needs prior success and neither of these two did prior to managing us. 

1 hour ago, Vwbear said:

Ffs? Neilson has done the exact same job warburton done in his first season 

blew away the championship playing decent football and a top 3 finish now and in Europe is a great turnaround!

coming from someone who follows snp I feel you probably don't like neilson as he's not a Tim 

If you think all MW has done for our club is the winning of the championship it is no wonder you rate Neilson. MW has provided the leadership and vision that is rebuilding our clubs playing side from top to bottom, including scouts, coaches and attitudes. Jobs that at Hearts, that if being performed at all, are being carried out by Craig levin. 

As for your SNP comments they say more about you than the dig you're trying to have at me.