*****The official Motherwell Vs Rangers thread*****

Poor in stages, okay in others. Good base is there, only our second game this preseason and we're rusty. 

Nothing im concerned with, still think we'll win by two this half 

long season ahead, and with Barton, Rossiter, Windass and crooks all to come on as well as a striker, we're looking good. Get the finger out this second half though and we're laughing 

1 minute ago, Skyson1872 said:

His hollywood 50 yarders 99 times out of 100 just gift them possession. Can't get the most simple pass right either most of the time.

Sometimes there's certain players who get stick no matter how well they're playing. Ricky Foster used to get singled out all the time even if there were poorer performers on the park. I'm not a massive fan of Wilson but today isn't his worst performance in a Rangers jersey by a long stretch. I also don't think he's gave the ball away as much as you think either. In fact he's one of the very few to get pass marks for the first half along side Miller and McKay.

Anyway we were drawing at half time in the opening game of last season and we all know how that game finished. Finger out time. Hopefully see some of the new boys in the second half. Looking forward to seeing Windass and Krankjaer.

2 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Against a better side we would be 3-4 down at half time. 

Like who? 

Celtic and Aberdeen finished 1st and 2nd in the premier league last season and have lost to teams from Gibraltor and Luxembourg this month.

Perfomance levels are more down to the stage of the season we're at. 

As shit and laughable as this new format is I can't agree with using the tournament as a pre season.

wee had an extra couple of weeks at the end of last season.

same old the 2 centre back are being badly exposed by Waldo and tav trying to win the ball high up the pitch and are offerd no help at all from our defensively clueless midfield

the one thing I can say is the addition made to the squad are quite obviously to tackle my above points so hopefully it adressed the issues.

1 minute ago, Corky True Legend said:

Attacking and creating chances doesn't win games; scoring goals gets you the point

That's not the point, you have to create the chances to capitalise on them and for this stage of the season we are doing great in terms of making them. No team will finish every chance they get in July, the match sharpness and clinical finishing comes as the team plays more.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, chris182 said:

I kind of feel for the guy though, he's not a DM

He's played 30+ games in the position. Surely he must have a bit of positional awareness. The lad is making more forward runs than holt ffs

1 minute ago, GTMLivo said:

Anyone explain how this works if it's a draw? Apparently Dundee United drew last night and went straight to penaltys?

If it's a draw both teams get 1 point each and then goes to penalties. The winner of penalties gets a bonus point so 2 points the winner will walk away with.

Honestly if this is the defence for this season, we will be lucky to get 4th. Luckily it wont be but Tav is a shocking defender so are Kiernan and Wilson, all three need replaced tbh. They have been carving us open time and time again!

Will calm down after the game, although I am a bit annoyed at how the defence is leaving us in all sorts of trouble. 

Just now, ThatNightInFlorence said:

Like who? 

Celtic and Aberdeen finished 1st and 2nd in the premier league last season and have lost to teams from Gibraltor and Luxembourg this month.

Perfomance levels are more down to the stage of the season we're at. 

Its exactly the same as the last 5-6 games of last season . We carry on with that defence and we are winning fuck all. You can play all the tidy football you want but defending like that is always going to lose games.

what I have taken from the first half.

1. The only danger in games comes from our own sloppy play.

2. We might be in a better league but teams are looking to counter us Rather than make it a game and taking us on.

3. This style will comfortably work up the higher league.

I believe regardless of the result this game will be beneficial for Warburton and the troops we know no what the majority will be doing this season. Its now up to the management to make us less open to the counter attack

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

If at the end of the 90 it's a draw, both teams get a point

the team that win the penalties get an extra point. 

What a shite show that is what the fuck. Who thought that was a good idea.