*****The official Motherwell Vs Rangers thread*****

Finishing and defending wise We're playing like a team that has hardly had a pre season which we haven't. Actually quite impressed with some of the link up play. Hopefully notch a couple in the second half...

Just now, sassaaaa said:

Its exactly the same as the last 5-6 games of last season . We carry on with that defence and we are winning fuck all. You can play all the tidy football you want but defending like that is always going to lose games.

Which is why a defensive midfielder was a priority this season and we have signed Barton and Rossiter. 

Barton has only been training with the first team from Monday and Rossiter is away on international duty.

What were people expecting in a game played on the 16th of July when our only previous game was against Charleston Battery? 

1 minute ago, ForeverBlue1872 said:

Poor start to the game but after that we dominated.

Dominated fuck all.should be three or four goals down .said last season the back 4 were the worst in our history and I stand by this.no way can this defence play in the premiership we would be fighting relegation .as for the right back knocking back terms,he has one fucking cheek.

I'm not going to panic.

There's deffo rustyness there, defence is fucking stinking as per usual but we're not at 100% yet and still in the market for someone in that position.

Forrester looking lively, McKay in the mood and I don't think Waghorn is match fit yet.

We will take them in the second half.

2 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

For this stage of the season our passing has been great. I know some people on here just want to slate the fuck out of us no matter how good or bad we are playing. Remember this is our first game of the season, it isn't even August yet and we aren't even using any of the 9(Including Dodoo) new signings which I think will have a great impact.

Whats most frustrating is its the same basic mistakes as last season from the same people. Tav, Kiernan and Halliday's positional play is atrocious, they had all last season to rectify that so what is going to change with a few more weeks of pre season? 

3 minutes ago, West_Side said:

Decent going forward, atrocious defensively. Really hoping that Halliday isn't playing defensive mid regularly this season. Kiernan and Wilson both looking worrying as well.

Halliday won't be playing defensive midfield this season. Do you think we bought Barton and Rossiter to warm the bench?

11 minutes ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

People doubting Waghorn's ability :anguish:doh

:lol: you not the guy who was going on about him being as good as Jelavic?! I think your bias goes beyond rational thought with Waghorn

people have every right to question him when he looks like he couldn't hit water if he fell out a boat

3 minutes ago, cumnockbear said:

If it's a draw both teams get 1 point each and then goes to penalties. The winner of penalties gets a bonus point so 2 points the winner will walk away with.

Fucking stupid idea. Makes a draw almost as attractive as a win so teams will sit in for 1 point then hope to get the "win" on penalties.

Yes we should have lost goals in the first half but folk seem to forget that we should have scored a few as well. If every shot was to go in we would be 5-4 down and we should have got a penalty. The only thing that actually matters is the ball going into the back of the net and that hasn't happened.

People need to stop panicking (Me included)!

Need to freshen this up 

Warburton moaning the games coming too fast but he's partly to blame for us being off the pace in about 4 weeks of pre season training almost we've played one friendly whereas Motherwell had 3/4?  That's his preparations his call 

the defence is actually shocking and Holt and Halliday are so average it's unreal 

I'm expecting a change and us to step it up second half 

Just now, ThatNightInFlorence said:

Which is why a defensive midfielder was a priority this season and we have signed Barton and Rossiter. 

Barton has only been training with the first team from Monday and Rossiter is away on international duty.

What were people expecting in a game played on the 16th of July when our only previous game was against Charleston Battery? 

You could have Busquets and Mascherano in front of that defence and they would still fuck it up. Other than Wallace that back line needs changed.

Kenny Miller tracks back and saves our defence. Says all.

Same as last season. Central defence poor at moving the ball out of defence. Too many square balls, letting the oppo organise. No defence splitting passes. Shot shy in front of goal. Opposition then just play one long forward ball and we are all over the place.

We control the middle third of the park and nothing else.

We need to move the ball from back to front much much quicker or goal scoring opportunities will become a rarity. Pass and move FORWARD FFS! Possession is one thing, goals another.

Our central defenders are a weakness in being indecisive and therefore slow in making the play going forward and a bomb scare in defending.

Our midfield need to now there are more options than passing sideways.

Continue with this and better teams than Motherwell will have us.

It will only take one breakaway by Motherwell to

3 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

Whats most frustrating is its the same basic mistakes as last season from the same people. Tav, Kiernan and Halliday's positional play is atrocious, they had all last season to rectify that so what is going to change with a few more weeks of pre season? 

I never said pre season will fix that, I meant pre season will change our finishing and attacking insticts etc. Only think that will change our defence is getting another centre half and using Hill and Barton.

So Nieve as always, diving in to try win the ball when it's not an option. Haliday pushing to far forward and not staying central.

Need to up the tempo,  quicker passing and either Kenny Or Waghorn need to get in the box. 

Let's get intae them