Do you refer to "Rangers" or "The Rangers"?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

I didn't say Bears should be censored; I said this subject had already been done to death. You're the one acting the prick trying to dictate how people should refer to our club. It is a matter of personal preference. QPR are often referred to as "Rangers" in the media. Using "Glasgow" only emphasises which club is being referred to outwith the cesspit that is Scottish football.

Wrong.  I told you to stop lying about what I said.  I haven't told anyone other than people holding an official capacity at the club what they should call the club.  The founders named us (The) Rangers Football Club and that's what I think they should refer to us as.  If fans want to add Glasgow because they feel the need to explain who we are, then that's up to them. I've also said I understand that the use of Glasgow is very useful in song and also that there are lots of Bears that, due to the ubiquitousness of the add-on, don't realise that Glasgow Rangers is not the club's name. People even sell scarfs with it on, I have one. I may have said I've I wish they wouldn't but that's not dictating anything.

Personally I never do call us Glasgow Rangers and if and if anyone says to me; 'you mean Glasgow Rangers?', my reply is always 'no, I mean The Rangers'.  Even some football statto types are surprised to learn that Glasgow is not actually part of our name.  Which is sad really given how unique/special our name is. 

It's not up to you to decide when a subject should not be discussed and to call for the mods to shut down threads.  If you think it's been 'done to death' stop posting about it and stop constantly bringing me into it.

The mighty Glasgow Rangers when I'm talking to fans of other clubs and taxi drivers (their reaction usually decides wether they will get a tip or not) and "the team" when I'm talking to other bears. 

6 hours ago, Briton said:

Wrong.  I told you to stop lying about what I said.  I haven't told anyone other than people holding an official capacity at the club what they should call the club.  The founders named us (The) Rangers Football Club and that's what I think they should refer to us as.  If fans want to add Glasgow because they feel the need to explain who we are, then that's up to them. I've also said I understand that the use of Glasgow is very useful in song and also that there are lots of Bears that, due to the ubiquitousness of the add-on, don't realise that Glasgow Rangers is not the club's name. People even sell scarfs with it on, I have one. I may have said I've I wish they wouldn't but that's not dictating anything.

Personally I never do call us Glasgow Rangers and if and if anyone says to me; 'you mean Glasgow Rangers?', my reply is always 'no, I mean The Rangers'.  Even some football statto types are surprised to learn that Glasgow is not actually part of our name.  Which is sad really given how unique/special our name is. 

It's not up to you to decide when a subject should not be discussed and to call for the mods to shut down threads.  If you think it's been 'done to death' stop posting about it and stop constantly bringing me into it.

What's wrong with Glasgow? We didn't all vote for independence you know!!!!?

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The club badge states, "Rangers Football Club"' so Rangers it is and not The Rangers which is also used as a derogatory term by our haters.

How can it be derogatory if it's acknowledged? They are not watching us with unimpaired faculties.

8 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

The club badge states, "Rangers Football Club"' so Rangers it is and not The Rangers which is also used as a derogatory term by our haters.

We were referred to as The Rangers in the early days. Who gives a shit what anyone else says? 

25 minutes ago, Briton said:

We were referred to as The Rangers in the early days. Who gives a shit what anyone else says? 

Bit of the dignified silence again? It has served us well, not. 

Super The Rangers, Super The Rangers, no one likes us.....

The famous Glasgow The Rangers.......

Naw, doesn't work for me.

They used to be the *uns, now it's us. You either stand up for the principle or you do not. Silence is no longer an option.

19 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

They used to be the *uns, now it's us. You either stand up for the principle or you do not. Silence is no longer an option.

In what way is using the term The Rangers silence? 

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

There is old football programmes form back in the 50s etc where we are called the rangers on the front cover 

45 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

There is old football programmes form back in the 50s etc where we are called the rangers on the front cover 

Yes but not "The Rangers", which I see as incorrect and certain mhedia and taigs usng it as a derogatory wind up as I a softer sevco.

3 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

"Whose that team they call the rangers "