Niko Kranjcar

27 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Changed the game when he came on. Pass for the first goal was sensational and the second goal his touch to take him pass the defender was outstanding. 

He was absolutely blowing out his arse after being on for about 10 mins but on the ball he was just class.

He looked good mate, but both him and Barton struggle with the pace of the game I think. Hope it changes sharpish.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Skyson1872 said:

I don't necessarily think he is blowing out his arse after 10 minutes, it's just the way he runs and plays

Prso was the same. Looked fucked after 5 minutes but was still going at 89. Some players just have that demeanour. Arthur Numan was the opposite, up and down the line for 90 and never looked like he'd broken sweat. 

5 hours ago, philiprfc said:

He looked good mate, but both him and Barton struggle with the pace of the game I think. Hope it changes sharpish.

With Barton I can't tell whether it's attitude, as in he keeps underestimating opponents, or just his physical inability to keep up with the pace of the game - surely the English championship is played at as frantic a pace as the Scottish Prem?

15 hours ago, psb07158 said:

With Barton I can't tell whether it's attitude, as in he keeps underestimating opponents, or just his physical inability to keep up with the pace of the game - surely the English championship is played at as frantic a pace as the Scottish Prem?

That game turned once they got their goal, for the whole midfield. In the Championship last season would Barton have played a match where the opposition score and set up camp often? They were very well organised, doubling up on the defence from the midfield, so that their was little or no room for our attack. Barton played better once we had scored because they had to play, and they were leaving more space. Overall Barton had a good game.

Kranjcar's lack of pace isn't really just a fitness issue by the look of it; some players don't have pace, I don't think he will ever change in terms of the pace he shows. It may be up to us to accommodate that and use what he does best. He ability on the ball is without question probably the best out of all the players we have.