Wallace at centre half?

EMRFC

Was just thinking about what we could do about our weakness which is our centre half positions and thought Wallace would be good at CB. Wallace at CB and Halliday being moved to LB with Rossiter or Barton taking his spot. I know that Wallace is class going forward but do you think this idea would be worth trying?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, EMRFC said:

Was just thinking about what we could do about our weakness which is our centre half positions and thought Wallace would be good at CB. Wallace at CB and Halliday being moved to LB with Rossiter or Barton taking his spot. I know that Wallace is class going forward but do you think this idea would be worth trying?

10/10 for thinking out of the box.......but no.

Wallace is a key part of the team on the wing. The answer is to get a better centre back in. Having not seen Hill play today it's difficult to say if he'll steady the ship or not but either way he's a short term solution.

Its been quiet on the defensive front in terms of rumours of late, nothing really since mariappa and the onyewu trial. With any luck this week we'll see Dodoo and a centre back sign so no need to play more players out of position.

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

10/10 for looking like a fud but naw no thank you :lol: 

how about we play Clint Hill at the back since, you know, that's where he plays? 

The real problem I see with our defence is pace. Clint Hill is very slow. Also, Halliday used to play left back.

We need to sign a commanding CB who is good in the air not to move LW into the middle, every time a high ball goes into our box we look vulnerable.

Every team in the SPFL is going to try and pump high balls into the box against Rangers at set plays as they can see it's a real weakness and something that needs to be addressed.

2 minutes ago, EMRFC said:

The real problem I see with our defence is pace. Clint Hill is very slow. Also, Halliday used to play left back.

Hill reads the game better IMO, with him at the back talking to either Rossiter or Barton in front of him I can't see his lack of pace being too much of a problem. Wallace bombing forward is pivotal to how we play. Halliday in midfield is bad enough, never mind at left back. 

7 minutes ago, EMRFC said:

Clint Hill might be slow but he makes up that with being able to head the ball and has a lot better positional than the other two. Reckon he will be a starter with another centreback because if we go into the season with Wilson and Kiernan we are going to lose so many goals.

We as a club have played players out of position far too often in the past. Wallace is fine playing where he is at the moment.

Perhaps in an emergency he could fill in at CB but let's hope it never comes to that.:541:

3 hours ago, EMRFC said:

No

3 hours ago, EMRFC said:

:lol: