Targets for next season

40 points - survival. Achieve by Xmas.

60 points - top Six. Achieve by Easter.

80 points - European football. Achieve by end of April.

90 points - the Title. Achieve by end of May?

Now, realistically what does Mark Warburton have to achieve in 2016/17 to keep his job? Would 3rd place be enough?? Would 2nd place??

15 minutes ago, 908 said:

40 points - survival. Achieve by Xmas.

60 points - top Six. Achieve by Easter.

80 points - European football. Achieve by end of April.

90 points - the Title. Achieve by end of May?

Now, realistically what does Mark Warburton have to achieve in 2016/17 to keep his job? Would 3rd place be enough?? Would 2nd place??

Is it at risk like ?

40 pts to survive in the premier league????

I take it you haven't been watching the spl lately!!!!!

To answer your question,  I don't see the tims spending mega so realistically if we don't run them close or win it I will be disappointed. 

Tbh I don't think we need a thread on this, we all know or should know what the targets are, we win the league, if that is not your target then we have gotten nowhere since 4 years ago, I go to, and watch on TV when I'm not able to,every game we play in the firm belief that we can and will win, otherwise I'd just piss about shopping centres with my wife every week. 

The only target that should be given is the title. You don't come and play for Rangers to finish 2nd or 3rd. You think Warburton signed Barton & Niko and said all right lads we are he to push for 2nd or 3rd possibly a wee trip to Scandinavia next year for some Europa league football. They will have been told you are here to win the league and nothing less and we'll get a crack at the champions league next year. I would imagine that would have been a factor for Barton coming here.

To win every single game we play and by extension win the treble.

I'm not saying failing to win every game and the treble will be a bad season or a failure - it's just what we need to aim for at a club like ours.

My expectations generally go up and down as the season progresses but I expect to win the league - Celtic are fucking shite.

After seeing the way the cunts from the east have started their season and they way we have recruited, the title has to be the expectation. If your aiming not to win every competition you enter at Rangers, wits the point?

I actually expect us to win the league, well every game but it's hard to remember a season in the top flight unbeaten so defeats will come. 

Being a Rangers fan it's the treble isn't it? Failing that it's the double, failing that it's the league on it's own. 

Worthless season if we win a cup or two but not the league IMO

I'm a bit worried about how high the expectations are this year.

Tin hat firmly on I think if we ran the mhankys close and won a cup it would be a good season. 

What I worry about is some losing the plot if we fail to beat celtic or win the league in our first season back.

I think Warburton is defo the right guy for the job and he should be given a few seasons in the top flight to get it right.

3 minutes ago, CottonRunt said:

Tin hat firmly on I think if we ran the mhankys close and won a cup it would be a good season. 

What I worry about is some losing the plot if we fail to beat celtic or win the league in our first season back.

I think Warburton is defo the right guy for the job and he should be given a few seasons in the top flight to get it right.

You lower yours, I won't be....

win everything end ov 

2 minutes ago, CottonRunt said:

I agree with a lot of what you have said mate but don't think he will be given a few years. One maybe two, especially if we were to struggle in those couple of years. Hopefully we romp it next season though, fingers crossed ?