Pundits Premiership Predictions

Frase85

I've been reading a lot of articles this week from pundits and the predictions on the league winners. Not one of them predicting us to win the league. Have they not learnt from last seasons Old Firm Semi Final not to write us off?

I'm tired hearing the gap is too big between us and the premier league.

I can't wait until we prove everyone wrong this season. Yes there will be a few hiccups along the way but we can win this league. The wee team from Glasgow are poor and Aberdeen are known bottlers. Hearts might get the odd win against us but they are nothing to fear and have virtually no experience of winning the league.

Aye Ready, We Welcome the Chase. 

Its just symptomatic of a widespread refusal in Scotland to acknowledge that we are back. Having us no better than 3rd for example and people saying the sheep will challenge (history shows this is laughable really) - Its a strange form of mass delusion.

However theirs 2 things to consider - teams will be far more up for a match against us than ra cellic - and if we dont get our centre of defence sorted we will not win the league.

I love it when they say this pish, won't get top 6, struggle to do anything. 

I'll give them until November and they tune will change.

I've bet with an Aberdeen fan in work £100 that come end of season not only will we be above them but the record of them not winning at ibrox will still be in place. 

The "pundit" predictions are unsurprising to a man.

What they based these upon I have no idea; but it is fair to say that I am reasonably confident we are capable of winning the title - assuming we sort out our weaknesses at the back.

Cast your minds back to the build up of the OF Semi-Final last season - nobody outside of our own support/club gave us a chance.  History has an uncanny knack of repeating itself.

Especially when we have improved our squad, and to be honest I don't see any significant improvements elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I love it when they say this pish, won't get top 6, struggle to do anything. 

I'll give them until November and they tune will change.

I've bet with an Aberdeen fan in work £100 that come end of season not only will we be above them but the record of them not winning at ibrox will still be in place. 

A sheep fan bet me a bottle of whisky the other week that they would beat us three or more times over the season :lol:

45 minutes ago, Frase85 said:

I've been reading a lot of articles this week from pundits and the predictions on the league winners. Not one of them predicting us to win the league. Have they not learnt from last seasons Old Firm Semi Final not to write us off?

I'm tired hearing the gap is too big between us and the premier league.

I can't wait until we prove everyone wrong this season. Yes there will be a few hiccups along the way but we can win this league. The wee team from Glasgow are poor and Aberdeen are known bottlers. Hearts might get the odd win against us but they are nothing to fear and have virtually no experience of winning the league.

Aye Ready, We Welcome the Chase. 

Get all that pinned in the dressing room and lets show these bastards.

1 hour ago, don logan said:

Hugh Keevins has tipped us to win the league.

He's doing the old reverse "prediction trick" is old Nuremberg Shug; You know the one when a pundit always fucks up in his predictions, so this time he picks the team he doesn't want to win (Rangers) and that will ensure the team he wants to win will end up Champions. :pipe:

The pundits generally speaking hate us with one or two exceptions who merely dislike us, so as many of you have said who gives a fuck what they say?

I have put my money on Rangers to win the league and even had a punt at 100/1 for a Rangers Treble (thanks Betfred), I hope to be collecting several hundred quid next year.

Pat Bonner - 1st: Taigs - 2nd: Hearts - Bottom: Partick/Hamilton - One to watch: Tony Watt

Willie Miller - 1st: Taigs - 2nd: Aberdeen - Bottom: Kilmarnock - One to watch: Niall McGinn

Michael Stewart - 1st: Taigs - 2nd: Rangers - Bottom: Kilmarnock - One to watch: Patrick Roberts

Steven Thompson - 1st: Taigs - 2nd: Rangers - Bottom: Kilmarnock - One to watch: Barrie Mackay

Some of the pundits are of the opinion that it's the La Liga SPFL premiership Rangers have been promoted into for some reason.

The top 3 teams in the league last season have lost to sides from Gibraltar, Luxembourg and Malta in Europe this season 

Wow we should be terrified facing that kind of quality?

I posted in the vote thread.. That the title is not win head to head vs the scum.  It's won on cold rainy nights in places like Aberdeen -- and that takes character.  We'll find out soon enough how much of it we have. (tu)