*****The Official Rangers v Peterhead thread*****

OceanRain

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

Couldn't agree more with this - Forrester and Moh starting with Waggy inĀ the middle instead of Miller and I say we take the 3 points yesterdayĀ 

Ā 

Sadly, it appears aĀ midfield of Halliday / Barton / Niko absolutely cramps our style to a halt!Ā 

Ā 

Roll on Windass and HoltĀ coming back in!

Definitely, Having 4 players in the team who are 31+ is not gonna suit are style of play. If Niko is going to play it has to be Rossiter at DM orĀ if Barton is gonna play DM Holt or Windass needs to be in front to give us some pace. I don't think Halliday offered enough energy yesterday butĀ when Rossiter came on he was everywhere and chasing every ball, it really helped Barton and made his job easier. I can defo see that being a partnership similar to whatĀ Holt and Halliday had last season but a lot better.

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

Definitely, Having 4 players in the team who are 31+ is not gonna suit are style of play. If Niko is going to play it has to be Rossiter at DM orĀ if Barton is gonna play DM Holt or Windass needs to be in front to give us some pace. I don't think Halliday offered enough energy yesterday butĀ when Rossiter came on he was everywhere and chasing every ball, it really helped Barton and made his job easier. I can defo see that being a partnership similar to whatĀ Holt and Halliday had last season but a lot better.

Rossiter looks so promising even though he's not exactly had a lot of pitch time so far!

We need that dynamic edge the likes of Forrester / Windass / MoH / Holt / etc gives us in the midfield - it's crucial to our style

Ā 

Also, what the fuck happened to our short corners yesterday?!Ā 

6 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Rossiter looks so promising even though he's not exactly had a lot of pitch time so far!

We need that dynamic edge the likes of Forrester / Windass / MoH / Holt / etc gives us in the midfield - it's crucial to our style

Ā 

Would like to see rossiter and Barton together with forrester. McKay has to be more involved than he was and MOH to start. Losing Waggy isn't ideal but.it gives others a chance to step up like MOH and Dodoo....hopefully not Miller, he needs to be a sub at most.

as for the corners it was refreshing to see a mix though nothing has led me to believe kiernan is great in the air, Wilson has scored a few from corners for hearts I'm sure so maybe this will be the start of us mixing it up a bit more. Still have to play it short at times especially when the centre halves are up top, since using their presence up top to determine if it's going short or into the box was a bit too obvious in the league cup games.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, Supersonic said:

Ā 

Rossiter looks brilliant, reminds me of Barry Ferguson with the way he moves off the ball and how he looks up for pass optionsĀ while holding off defenders. I think we could have a star on our hands in that lad.

Definitely, I thinkĀ MOH needs to be a starter it will integrate him with the team and hopefully get him some good relationships with Tav and Harry who looked reluctant to pass to him yesterday.

I hope the short corners aren't away for good they did contribute well to our play last year, maybe Warburton felt we could take advantage of them at set plays yesterday, it certainly was weird tho especially since the defenders had to be shouted at to come up for the corners a few times.

6 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

as for the corners it was refreshing to see a mix though nothing has led me to believe kiernan is great in the air, Wilson has scored a few from corners for hearts I'm sure so maybe this will be the start of us mixing it up a bit more. Still have to play it short at times especially when the centre halves are up top, since using their presence up top to determine if it's going short or into the box was a bit too obvious in the league cup games.

4 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I hope the short corners aren't away for good they did contribute well to our play last year, maybe Warburton felt we could take advantage of them at set plays yesterday, it certainly was weird tho especially since the defenders had to be shouted at to come up for the corners a few times.

I think mixing it up a bit would be good to keep the defences guessing now and then,Ā but I just can't see many of them being able to plant headers...
PlusĀ short corners are a good way of guaranteeing we keep possession andĀ don't automatically get hit on a break etc

Ā 

NervousĀ (in as positive a way possible)Ā to see our starting lineup at DundeeĀ (tu)

10 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I think mixing it up a bit would be good to keep the defences guessing now and then,Ā but I just can't see many of them being able to plant headers...
PlusĀ short corners are a good way of guaranteeing we keep possession andĀ don't automatically get hit on a break etc

Ā 

NervousĀ (in as positive a way possible)Ā to see our starting lineup at DundeeĀ (tu)

Agree mate, after the result and performance the best thing we can have is a quick next match, so Peterhead is unlikely to be the first choice XI so we'll use it to get fitness levels up and then come Dundee next week we'll hopefully see a much more energetic and driven team.

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

Agree mate, after the result and performance the best thing we can have is a quick next match, so Peterhead is unlikely to be the first choice XI so we'll use it to get fitness levels up and then come Dundee next week we'll hopefully see a much more energetic and driven team.

Exactly!

Hopefully get Dodoo starting on Tuesday night, want to see more of himĀ (tu)

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Gilks

Hodson Wilson Kiernan Wallace

Ā Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā HoltĀ BartonĀ ForresterĀ 

Ā  MOH Ā  Ā  Ā  Dodoo Ā  Ā Mckay

4-0Ā 

Dodoo x2. MOH. Forrester

25-30 kĀ attendanceĀ 

Ā  Ā Ā 

Should be used for squad rotation and fitness in my opinion.Ā 

Gilks

Tav hill Wilson hodson

Holt RossiterĀ Kranjcar

Moh dodoo Forrester

Get a game time for dodoo, hodson, Holt, rossiterĀ and kranjcar.

Saves mckay, barton, kiernan, wes, wallace for Dundee.Ā 

30 minutes ago, rfc1990 said:

Gilks, Hodson, Rossiter and Dodoo starting.

Great.

I'd go...

Gilks, Tav, Hodson, Wilson, Hill, Rossiter, Holt,Ā Kranjcar, Forrester, O'H, Dodoo.Ā