English Football

Clemdog

I hate Utd, really hate them but that game is a prime example of the mentality never leaving you when you’re a big club. 

They aren’t where they were even 6 years ago but they still have that belief and fight in them and we need to get that back through our club as well because our belief and mentality is broken at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Only Mourinho can get people to claim that being 2-0 down which should have been 5 or 6 if not for terrible finishing and coming back to win against a City side missing 4 first team players and two of their best players is some sort of masterclass. :lol:

The over reaction is actually quite funny...folk using hatred and jealousy to distort the facts...:sarcasm:

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Only Mourinho can get people to claim that being 2-0 down which should have been 5 or 6 if not for terrible finishing and coming back to win against a City side missing 4 first team players and two of their best players is some sort of masterclass. :lol:

And don't forget the ref having a sexual relationship with Ashley young..how else can you explain that horrible wee cunt not getting a red card and the stone wall penalty denied..:thinking: 

1 hour ago, TEFTONG said:

:britney:....Behave...:matron:

This incarnation of Manchester City doesn’t have the spirit of the old club. Can you imagine Tony Book, Colin Bell, Francis Lee, Mick Doyle and Mike Summerbee capitulating in front of the Kippax the way your highly paid, highly strung foreign mercenaries did at the nice shiny Etihad last night?

14 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

This incarnation of Manchester City doesn’t have the spirit of the old club. Can you imagine Tony Book, Colin Bell, Francis Lee, Mick Doyle and Mike Summerbee capitulating in front of the Kippax the way your highly paid, highly strung foreign mercenaries did at the nice shiny Etihad last night?

They were a bit before my time. I can remember Brightwell  Flitcroft and White and Quinn under Peter Reid being 2 points from a UEFA cup place and only winning 2 out of the last 11 games and finishing 9th. Then Swailes sacked Reid. This is a Club which still has potential that managed to do some old school "typical City" throwing away a game.

They ARE a big Club. 2 very poor performances granted but I'm still hopeful they get thru Liverpool on Tuesday and the League will be wrapped up soon enough. 3 titles in 7 years is still beyond my wildest dreams back in 92-93...

14 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

They were a bit before my time. I can remember Brightwell  Flitcroft and White and Quinn under Peter Reid being 2 points from a UEFA cup place and only winning 2 out of the last 11 games and finishing 9th. Then Swailes sacked Reid. This is a Club which still has potential that managed to do some old school "typical City" throwing away a game.

They ARE a big Club. 2 very poor performances granted but I'm still hopeful they get thru Liverpool on Tuesday and the League will be wrapped up soon enough. 3 titles in 7 years is still beyond my wildest dreams back in 92-93...

You had some great players in the late 60s to late 70s, l had a lot of time for City then. 

These days I regard you the same as Chelsea, also rans who got a sugar daddy and now hoover up the worlds best players and coaches that were way beyond you. Although I was pleased when you won your first title after so many years, same as I would be to see Liverpool or Spurs win it.

Just now, harlands plater said:

You had some great players in the late 60s to late 70s, l had a lot of time for City then. 

These days I regard you the same as Chelsea, also rans who got a sugar daddy and now hoover up the worlds best players and coaches that were way beyond you. Although I was pleased when you won your first title after so many years, same as I would be to see Liverpool or Spurs win it.

Fair enough. I have been known to reminisce about going to Maine Road for a midweek game and driving back up the road after snatching a last minute draw thinking it was a well worth trip. 

But would I want that to still be the case..??..No way.

The owners of City have regenerated a huge slice of land and put plans in place for the next 30 years that might be good enough to keep winning. Rather than try and compete with the spending power of the other big Clubs all over Europe. 

Would you object to a sugar daddy coming in to kick out King and Co..! ?.Hiring a world class manager and buying skilful players..??.. I certainly wouldn't.

Did you object when Murray made his spending a tenner boast..? I certainly didnt. I fucking loved it..

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Think it was one person that said that? Funny though, embarrassing from City and Pep especially 

36 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

City are NOT a big club ffs :lol: 

21 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

It's merely delayed the inevitable but it's been a tough week. Can only hope that Tuesday sees some luck going City's way. And Sterling starts to find the fucking net again.

The last 2 games you've mentioned luck, nothing lucky about either of them. Pep fucked up in Europe and his gamble to rest players backfired

3 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

The quality on the ball might be  lacking a little but this everything you want from your players. Hunger, desire and fight............

Not sure why MOTD would show this? :lol: 

36 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

lol

42 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

A good core support, certainly not a big club though imo mate

22 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Fair enough. I have been known to reminisce about going to Maine Road for a midweek game and driving back up the road after snatching a last minute draw thinking it was a well worth trip. 

But would I want that to still be the case..??..No way.

The owners of City have regenerated a huge slice of land and put plans in place for the next 30 years that might be good enough to keep winning. Rather than try and compete with the spending power of the other big Clubs all over Europe. 

Would you object to a sugar daddy coming in to kick out King and Co..! ?.Hiring a world class manager and buying skilful players..??.. I certainly wouldn't.

Did you object when Murray made his spending a tenner boast..? I certainly didnt. I fucking loved it..

I was waiting on that question, but let’s be honest there’s more chance of me being elected Pope than there is of a Russian oligarch or Arab sheikh buying Rangers.

Re Murray, I could never stand the guy, long before he ruined us and fucked off. We had got our act together and were doing fine before he appeared. Re “Murray gave us nine a row” - big deal, who really cares about Scottish titles and parochial bragging rights? I would have taken one European trophy over nine Scottish titles any day. Or even no European trophy either if it had meant no Murray and no financial meltdown.

4 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

The quality on the ball might be  lacking a little but this everything you want from your players. Hunger, desire and fight............

World class manager because his players are showing a bit of fight :lol:

Neil Warnock's teams would run through brick walls for him and he's nowhere near world class.

Scousers are nearly as deluded as the tarriers man.