McSalary: No regrets

Virtuoso

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

So if I got you the proof of what I said above, you would apologise and reconsider your stance?

It would tell me that before joining us there is perhaps a possibility he wasn't as avid fan as he became over time. 

Regardless, my position is everyone involved in the saga of the financial management of the club over that period is guilty as fuck. They all have blood on their hands, Ally included. But what I do know is that there are always 2 sides to a story and to never trust businessmen when it comes to money. For what it is worth, I own and run a private equity firm that has around $4 billion of assets under management and I have bought over 60 companies or commercial real estate assets in my time. What that has taught me is that in the business world every cunt is in it for themselves no matter what they tell you, they are all stabbing each other in the back, everyone is paying everyone secretly and nothing is as it seems.

The only way to survive and keep sane in that world is to focus on what you personally need out of a situation and not worry about who is fucking who and for how much. As long as I get what I want, the rest is irrelevant. 

I apply the same to Ally - I don't know the real situation, but I got what I needed which was to see him bang in the goals for us for years and years and got it up the tarriers on more than a few occasions.  Beyond that, who paid who what and who fucked who in the boardroom is something I will never know for sure so am better off not wasting energy on it. 

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I'd like to see proof of him saying losing to us was his worst memory in football.

Not that I don't believe it, I just have more than a few people I'd like to show it to :lol:

Here we go ... all there ... also note "favourite other team - St Johnstone"

45623d0b28a8327cce726cda694eda46.jpg

5 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

I'm not McCoists biggest fan but you state what he was a bad thing. Anyone of us would demand a contract and salary was honoured until we had something else arranged. 

Not sure about you, but i am not a multi-millionaire.

I would also walk over broken glass to play or manage Rangers.

If i was a multi-millionaire from doing so and things weren't working out then i would do the honourable thing.

I could understand the logic behind him doing what he did whilst the leeches were still running the show and bleeding us dry.

Trying to force their hand to bag him which would cost money.

What i can't understand is what he did after King and co took over, still picking up his handsome wage packet until it suited him to negotiate.

12 minutes ago, offminorthreat said:

It would tell me that before joining us there is perhaps a possibility he wasn't as avid fan as he became over time. 

Regardless, my position is everyone involved in the saga of the financial management of the club over that period is guilty as fuck. They all have blood on their hands, Ally included. But what I do know is that there are always 2 sides to a story and to never trust businessmen when it comes to money. For what it is worth, I own and run a private equity firm that has around $4 billion of assets under management and I have bought over 60 companies or commercial real estate assets in my time. What that has taught me is that in the business world every cunt is in it for themselves no matter what they tell you, they are all stabbing each other in the back, everyone is paying everyone secretly and nothing is as it seems.

The only way to survive and keep sane in that world is to focus on what you personally need out of a situation and not worry about who is fucking who and for how much. As long as I get what I want, the rest is irrelevant. 

I apply the same to Ally - I don't know the real situation, but I got what I needed which was to see him bang in the goals for us for years and years and got it up the tarriers on more than a few occasions.  Beyond that, who paid who what and who fucked who in the boardroom is something I will never know for sure so am better off not wasting energy on it. 

You seem minted m8 ever thought of investing, I'm sure Mr King would appreciate it, he's looking for £30 mil I believe :D

10 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Not sure about you, but i am not a multi-millionaire.

I would also walk over broken glass to play or manage Rangers.

If i was a multi-millionaire from doing so and things weren't working out then i would do the honourable thing.

I could understand the logic behind him doing what he did whilst the leeches were still running the show and bleeding us dry.

Trying to force their hand to bag him which would cost money.

What i can't understand is what he did after King and co took over, still picking up his handsome wage packet until it suited him to negotiate.

The money he has is irrelevant. If you earned £100k and a nice 5 bedroom house would you give it up because you could move into a nice 3 bed house? It's all relative. 

He also has 1 ex-wife, 1 current wife and 5 kids to support. 

You talk from a fan point of view which is total idealistic and hypocritical. 

20 minutes ago, offminorthreat said:

Some of that is serious denial mate - at least my pictures blows the big Rangers fan myth out the water even if you want to disagree with the rest of my comment on him 

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

You seem minted m8 ever thought of investing, I'm sure Mr King would appreciate it, he's looking for £30 mil I believe :D

Unfortunately I only earn a few percent and have 51 staff - they are also greedy fuckers who expect to be paid every month! :lol:

I have however in the past written my fair share of cheques, to the extent the missus allows. She is an Australian born and bred girl though so her tolerance is lower than I would like. That said  without her restraint I would probably be broke now through trying to buy part of the club during the Green era when my blood was boiling . :pipe:

1 minute ago, theiconicman said:

The money he has is irrelevant. If you earned £100k and a nice 5 bedroom house would you give it up because you could move into a nice 3 bed house? It's all relative. 

He also has 1 ex-wife, 1 current wife and 5 kids to support. 

You talk from a fan point of view which is total idealistic and hypocritical. 

If the money he has is irrelevant then so is his 1 ex-wife,1 current wife and 5 kids.

Your using a hypothetical situation about houses saying it's relative.

Yet you think i am being idealistic and hypocritical.

Really?

He should have been sacked the day we lost to Annan athletic at Ibrox for sheer and utter incompetency.

If i was that shite at my job i would expect to be sacked.

54 minutes ago, offminorthreat said:

I personally couldn't give a fuck about the money. Our club has been run by utter cunts who value money above everything, so who knows who to believe. I prefer to focus on the footballing contribution. 

Your preference is hardly binding on people who think differently though.

34 minutes ago, offminorthreat said:

So because you are an admitted back stabbing greedy bastard who cares about nobody else we should all forgive McCoist?

I will say that although I no longer have any regard for McCoist because of what he did the people who are claiming he was just a journeyman striker are talking balls.

He had that thing that sets great strikers apart and that was the instinct to be in the right place at the right time to score. That ability is priceless.

43 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Here we go ... all there ... also note "favourite other team - St Johnstone"

45623d0b28a8327cce726cda694eda46.jpg

I've looked at this a few times now and trying to be neutral about it I'd point out his own magical moment was scoring against them. You could argue, and most of the fanboys will, that the disappointment of drawing with us was more to do with the fact that they surrendered a lead rather than the fact that it was against us.

I struggle to justify his favourite other club being St Johnstone though.

9 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I've looked at this a few times now and trying to be neutral about it I'd point out his own magical moment was scoring against them. You could argue, and most of the fanboys will, that the disappointment of drawing with us was more to do with the fact that they surrendered a lead rather than the fact that it was against us.

I struggle to justify his favourite other club being St Johnstone though.

It's the fav teams Liverpool and St Johnstone that does it for me 

54 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

If the money he has is irrelevant then so is his 1 ex-wife,1 current wife and 5 kids.

Your using a hypothetical situation about houses saying it's relative.

Yet you think i am being idealistic and hypocritical.

Really?

He should have been sacked the day we lost to Annan athletic at Ibrox for sheer and utter incompetency.

If i was that shite at my job i would expect to be sacked.

Don't disagree with him being shite at managing. I'm just pulling up people that say he should walk away from a contractual salary because 'he's minted'. 

None of us would do it. 

9 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Don't disagree with him being shite at managing. I'm just pulling up people that say he should walk away from a contractual salary because 'he's minted'. 

None of us would do it. 

'Minted' is not my choice of words.

He absolutely should have walked away after King and co took over.

Up until then i could understand why he wasn't for budging.

It was supposedly more than just a contractual salary, it was the emotional attachment aswell.

Having a bit of self respect and respect for his customers (the fans) should have been enough to make his mind up.

If i went to a job and thought i couldn't do it,or i couldn't do it to a standard to satisfy my own peace of mind or complete the work to my customers satisfaction, i wouldn't take the job on.

I have an ex-partner and a kid to support but i also have my own personal and professional pride to consider.

No amount of money is ever enough but greed is a horrible trait.

8 hours ago, Nieto11878 said:

Seriously questioning wether he is a Club Legend or not?? ! The Years of Service , The goals , The commitment albeit out of his depth in the managers role will always be super Ally to me.

Let me rephrase what u are saying . Years of playing for us as a striker in a paid employee capacity on a great salary albeit with a few personnel issues. He was paid to do what a rangers striker does ffs.  And i say it again he did not go above and beyond the call of duty in his striker role. Did souness not drop him cause of fitness?

3 hours ago, folkestoneger said:

So because you are an admitted back stabbing greedy bastard who cares about nobody else we should all forgive McCoist?

Can i say that i personally am a right wing greedy machiavellian capatalist bastard only out for myself. But because i count rangers as part of me i would not have fucked them over the way mccostalot did.

In the week we have a very important game v Them some Gers fans cant wait to kick a Legend. Yes he is a Legend. A relatively few people with large posts do not speak for the majority of Gers men. Speak to your run of the mill Gers season ticket holder/ supporter and they realise he wasnt the greatest manager of all time but he gave his all and stood by us when we needed him. Thanks Ally it wasnt all fantastic but my god I am glad you were there. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Folks disrespecting a club footballing legend and using "taigyisms" is well, a bit taigy 

he was a shite manager yes - but people can't seem to help themselves and act like fucking that lot over there. 

And stop making up shite to justify acting like one of them. Ffs

Again define legend to me please mate 

1 hour ago, Dickie1963 said:

In the week we have a very important game v Them some Gers fans cant wait to kick a Legend. Yes he is a Legend. A relatively few people with large posts do not speak for the majority of Gers men. Speak to your run of the mill Gers season ticket holder/ supporter and they realise he wasnt the greatest manager of all time but he gave his all and stood by us when we needed him. Thanks Ally it wasnt all fantastic but my god I am glad you were there. 

Strange every gers fan I know knows he was a money grabbing cunt in the end - I'm not glad he was here he offered us nothing should have fucked off with Walter