McSalary: No regrets

Virtuoso

6 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I think the abuse McCoist gets is becoming of our bheggar neighbours and not how we treat our own.

Yes he wasn't cut out as a manager with poor tactics and some terrible signings but in my opinion he cared just as much as us about our club. The man is a Rangers legend so let's give him our respect that he has earned!

ALL of his previous went right out the window the day he took money from a skint Rangers to sit on his fat arse at home.

If he had just been a managerial failure and resigned with some dignity it would have been easy to forgive and forget.

Now instead of telling all to the support he supposedly loved he wants to do it in a book. Frankly I wouldn't buy his book, putting more money in his pocket,if it contained the secret of eternal life.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

Obviously you've got a lot of faith in him but until a believable explanation is given I can only conclude that it was greed and nothing more

That's one way of looking at it but I wouldn't have walked away from that contract while they cunts were bleeding us dry. Llambiaz was trying to raid the development fund while Ally was in the garden.  

Why do so many and so eagerly rip into McCoist? Why don't you spew some of your bile on the below list?

Murray

Whyte

Ahmed

Green

Ashley

I wouldn't have walked away from my contract while any of them were running the ship and stuffing their own pockets 

Just now, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

That's one way of looking at it but I wouldn't have walked away from that contract while they cunts were bleeding us dry. Llambiaz was trying to raid the development fund while Ally was in the garden.  

Why do so many and so eagerly rip into McCoist? Why don't you spew some of your bile on the below list?

Murray

Whyte

Ahmed

Green

Ashley

I wouldn't have walked away from my contract while any of them were running the ship and stuffing their own pockets 

If you really haven't noticed the severe abuse all of the above have taken you need to do more research before typing.

2 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Obviously you've got a lot of faith in him but until a believable explanation is given I can only conclude that it was greed and nothing more

I just can't understand why the club would not try and reach a quick settlement and let him return to his TV work. It would have saved the club money and not turned the support against an icon. Everyone wins.

I don't think for a minute that Dave King is an idiot but if there is not more to it then we need to be asking if the board acted in the best interests of the club and its finances.

11 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Murray

Whyte

Ahmed

Green

Ashley

They've all had plenty of abuse that was pretty much my point

Even accepting your justification King and co took over in the March and he kept on taking money till September  

9 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

They've all had plenty of abuse that was pretty much my point

Even accepting your justification King and co took over in the March and he kept on taking money till September  

King is virtually no better than the rest of them- other than he's a bear. He forced his way into control with many spins and lies. He took no pay when the club was in administration and agreed to half his contract while he was in the dugout - all to no avail. All while others were benefitting from onerous contracts and deals. Walk away and let Green. Easdales or sports Direct benefit? Wouldn't have been me either. 

Just now, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

King is virtually no better than the rest of them- other than he's a bear. He forced his way into control with many spins and lies. He took no pay when the club was in administration and agreed to half his contract while he was in the dugout - all to no avail. All while others were benefitting from onerous contracts and deals. Walk away and let Green. Easdales or sports Direct benefit? Wouldn't have been me either. 

The club was skint and it was the fans money that he was taking out 

Justifying it by saying he was keeping money away from the evil board members is simply delusional 

1 minute ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

He was still being paid more than the entire budget of the clubs we were up against. There simply is no excuse for what he did to a club that made him a rich man.

Just now, simplythebest said:

The club was skint and it was the fans money that he was taking out 

Justifying it by saying he was keeping money away from the evil board members is simply delusional 

In the nicest possible way stb that's bollocks. If he walked away - others would have benefitted from the savings. 

I'll repeat Llambias tried to dip the development fund hours before Sports Direct were ousted from control. 

Allys salary would not have been in the club coffers ior invested to good use if he had walked away. You are deluded if you think that.  

Couldn't care less about his managerial 'performance' anymore. It's not about separating the player from the manager, it's the person.

And I can't forget: 

- £1,000,000 of penny shares 

- continuing to throw his backing behind every crook that took up a place on our board

- trying to hide his salary from the accounts 

- saying he 'didn't know' what his salary was 

- offering to take a salary reduction publicly, and then not actually taking it for nearly a year 

- continuing to take home £800,000 a year when we were completely on our arse financially, and King was in place 

- 'settling' 6 weeks before his 12 months gardening leave was up, only when he had a gig lined up with BT and needed out of his contract 

- being Neil Lennon's best mate, post Rangers

I'll always respect his playing abilities, and the way he galvanised the fans through admin. I can't forget him being the worst manager in our history, but I'll never forgive the way he treated our club and fan base. McCoist only cares about McCoist. 

4 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

He was still being paid more than the entire budget of the clubs we were up against. There simply is no excuse for what he did to a club that made him a rich man.

Did to a club??? Are you old enough to remember Ally,s entire career with our club? Being told by thousands of Rangers fans to get to fuck as a player but battling back to score 355 goals, 27 old firm goals, two hat tricks in cup finals against that lot, winning goals in numerous other cup finals, giving up a cushy and lucrative TV career to (and I quote) when duty called they came . Won three titles,  uefa cup final, several cup finals as asst manager 

There are so many on here preaching loyalty and so on and ripping into naismith etc al for their lack of loyalty 

Yet despite all that contribution  Ally has made above he gets abuse on here no better than what you would expect Neil Lennon to receive- fuckin unbelievable. 

8 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

He probably made most of his money away from Rangers to be fair.

Why did the club not look to make a settlement that would have saved the club money and he could have went back to his TV role?

Remember that time he knew he had scored his last old firm goal and started crying in the net (His 27th goal against them)? What a prick there's no place at ibrox for cunts like that!! 

3 hours ago, Der Hammer of Der Gods said:

Not often I agree with you BP9, but I will have to make an exception this time. I was gutted with the way things worked out under Ally, but don't forget lads he is our greatest ever goalscorer, A bit of respect is due to the man.

Yup and he did it all on his tod in the most challenging league in the world.who needs midfields and wingers when u have ally

10 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

In the nicest possible way stb that's bollocks. If he walked away - others would have benefitted from the savings. 

I'll repeat Llambias tried to dip the development fund hours before Sports Direct were ousted from control. 

Allys salary would not have been in the club coffers ior invested to good use if he had walked away. You are deluded if you think that.  

And so what? I'm not defending the board members at the time but you're basically saying it was ok for McCoist to take money out he didn't deserve while we were skint because others were doing the same, it's a very weak defence. 

2 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

He probably made most of his money away from Rangers to be fair.

Why did the club not look to make a settlement that would have saved the club money and he could have went back to his TV role?

Remember that time he knew he had scored his last old firm goal and started crying in the net (His 27th goal against them)? What a prick there's no place at ibrox for cunts like that!! 

:lol: in what world do you think he made his money away from Rangers? 

The club did, and he didn't accept until there was just over a month of it left and he needed to be clear from it for the BT gig.

I don't think any dispute he was a great player, or a dreadful manager - was still an arsehole of a man who didn't treat the club or the fans with the respect we deserved. 

2 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Yup and he did it all on his tod in the most challenging league in the world.who needs midfields and wingers when u have ally

Good point mate.. Here while we're at we should lynch that cunt Boyd too. All he did was score goals as well. In fairness though Boydy put the performances in for us in Europe unlike that charlatan McCoist!

7 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

I've always thought there was an untold story with Ally, He back DK from day 1 and whilst the protest were going on outside to "starve them out" I always thought Ally was on the inside running up the wage bill with new signings, ugly football to help get  regime change. His only remit was to get us promoted, he did that.  Maybe he was unlucky or maybe he got too involved with the boardroom side that he damaged his own reputation and career with Rangers. - Just an opinion.

2 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

And so what? I'm not defending the board members at the time but you're basically saying it was ok for McCoist to take money out he didn't deserve while we were skint because others were doing the same, it's a very weak defence. 

I don't think so - and there we have to agree to disagree. He was offered a contract by a club run by David Murray and he transferred that in a TUPE while virtually everyone else fucked off. He was entitled to it. He halved  his contract hopjng to benefit the club but when he realised it was futile he handed in his notice. What if he had left when Green went into the five way agreement meeting with someone other than Ally?  Doesn't bear thinking about!!

6 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

:lol: in what world do you think he made his money away from Rangers? 

The club did, and he didn't accept until there was just over a month of it left and he needed to be clear from it for the BT gig.

I don't think any dispute he was a great player, or a dreadful manager - was still an arsehole of a man who didn't treat the club or the fans with the respect we deserved. 

His TV contracts were worth millions.

We'll need to disagree on your 2nd point.. I think he has been made a scapegoat. The club could have come to an agreement that would have saved us money. If anybody can name me another manager at a club the size of Rangers that has resigned without any settlement then maybe then I'll agree he might be an arsehole. 

12 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Good point mate.. Here while we're at we should lynch that cunt Boyd too. All he did was score goals as well. In fairness though Boydy put the performances in for us in Europe unlike that charlatan McCoist!

They are both pricks imho. For some reason the less worldly wise of our support only see goals. Ignore it is a team game

14 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Did to a club??? Are you old enough to remember Ally,s entire career with our club? Being told by thousands of Rangers fans to get to fuck as a player but battling back to score 355 goals, 27 old firm goals, two hat tricks in cup finals against that lot, winning goals in numerous other cup finals, giving up a cushy and lucrative TV career to (and I quote) when duty called they came . Won three titles,  uefa cup final, several cup finals as asst manager 

There are so many on here preaching loyalty and so on and ripping into naismith etc al for their lack of loyalty 

Yet despite all that contribution  Ally has made above he gets abuse on here no better than what you would expect Neil Lennon to receive- fuckin unbelievable. 

I certainly am old enough. I am old enough to remember when he wouldn't sign for us before he didn't make it in England. I recall all the abuse he took and how he came good to be one of our greatest heroes.

I, like thousands upon thousands of others, idolised the guy.

That is why I can never accept what he did and never will.

As for his "winning three titles" I seriously doubt he had any great hand in that other than being the "good cop" to contrast with the manager. Maybe I am underplaying his role as an assistant but whenever  Walter let him be in charge we seen enough to have never made the mistake of appointing him manager

5 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I don't think so - and there we have to agree to disagree. He was offered a contract by a club run by David Murray and he transferred that in a TUPE while virtually everyone else fucked off. He was entitled to it. He halved  his contract hopjng to benefit the club but when he realised it was futile he handed in his notice. What if he had left when Green went into the five way agreement meeting with someone other than Ally?  Doesn't bear thinking about!!

What about those leaked emails via Stockbridge where McCoist's agent said (when halfing his wages) that he wants the shortfall back in bonuses and the fans are not to know incase his name get's tarnished? man's a rat.

The reason he stayed when everyone else fucked off was because he was getting his 12k a week contract back again. Administration was the best thing to happen to McCoist because a lot of the fans would buy right into it all and help keep him in a job for life.

Where was the fans groups statements when we got fucked in the Ramsdens 3 years in the trot amongst the other failures and why were the kids in the Blue Order and Union Bears still pulling out Ally banners and singing Super Ally? I still can't get my head around it to this day.