McSalary: No regrets

Virtuoso

1 minute ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

They are both pricks imho. For some reason the less wordly wise of our support only see goals. Ignore it is a team game

Yeah they think because they score the goals that win games and leagues that we  should be grateful or something. That Waghorn is another cunt in the making!!

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I don't think so - and there we have to agree to disagree. He was offered a contract by a club run by David Murray and he transferred that in a TUPE while virtually everyone else fucked off. He was entitled to it. He halved  his contract hopjng to benefit the club but when he realised it was futile he handed in his notice. What if he had left when Green went into the five way agreement meeting with someone other than Ally?  Doesn't bear thinking about!!

Didn't he half his contract when it was found out how much he was being paid ? 

4 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I don't think so - and there we have to agree to disagree. He was offered a contract by a club run by David Murray and he transferred that in a TUPE while virtually everyone else fucked off. He was entitled to it. He halved  his contract hopjng to benefit the club but when he realised it was futile he handed in his notice. What if he had left when Green went into the five way agreement meeting with someone other than Ally?  Doesn't bear thinking about!!

Yeah we do need to agree to disagree, it's a bit futile debating for too long about this now we need to be looking forward.

I don't take some sort of pleasure in saying what I've been saying someone of McCoist's playing status should be well thought of but its the conclusions I came to over four years and there's been nothing to change my mind since. I think you're giving him too much credit and benefit of the doubt but it's up to each of us to decide I guess 

6 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

I certainly am old enough. I am old enough to remember when he wouldn't sign for us before he didn't make it in England. I recall all the abuse he took and how he came good to be one of our greatest heroes.

I, like thousands upon thousands of others, idolised the guy.

That is why I can never accept what he did and never will.

As for his "winning three titles" I seriously doubt he had any great hand in that other than being the "good cop" to contrast with the manager. Maybe I am underplaying his role as an assistant but whenever  Walter let him be in charge we seen enough to have never made the mistake of appointing him manager

I remember when souness benched him. I remember when he thougjt he was leaving he did the title winning lap of honour with an effin sunderland shirt. 

Self centred prick

9 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Yeah they think because they score the goals that win games and leagues that we  should be grateful or something. That Waghorn is another cunt in the making!!

What age are u?? Eleven? U really dont see that the striker is just one cog in the fucking wheel. 

Wait a sec...is that u ally?i

29 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

His TV contracts were worth millions.

We'll need to disagree on your 2nd point.. I think he has been made a scapegoat. The club could have come to an agreement that would have saved us money. If anybody can name me another manager at a club the size of Rangers that has resigned without any settlement then maybe then I'll agree he might be an arsehole. 

Le Guen. 

11 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

What age are u?? Eleven? U really dont see that the striker is just one cog in the fucking wheel. 

Wait a sec...is that u ally?i

I do see that but you belittled his achievements by saying all he did was score goals in a shitty league and that the players around him made him successful. Every great player in our history has played in the same shitty league.

You don't like the man for what you think he did to the club and that's your opinion. I have a different opinion but you can't belittle his achievements as a player.  He is one of if not the greatest player to dawn the number 9 jersey. How many other Rangers or Scottish players have won the golden boot in our shitty league?

1 hour ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

That's one way of looking at it but I wouldn't have walked away from that contract while they cunts were bleeding us dry. Llambiaz was trying to raid the development fund while Ally was in the garden.  

Why do so many and so eagerly rip into McCoist? Why don't you spew some of your bile on the below list?

Murray

Whyte

Ahmed

Green

Ashley

I wouldn't have walked away from my contract while any of them were running the ship and stuffing their own pockets 

Because it was an interview with McCoist?

2 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I do see that but you belittled his achievements by saying all he did was score goals in a shitty league and that the players around him made him successful. Every great player in our history has played in the same shitty league.

You don't like the man for what you think he did to the club and that's your opinion. I have a different opinion but you can't belittle his achievements as a player.  He is one of if not the greatest player to dawn the number 9 jersey. How many other Rangers or Scottish players have won the golden boot in our shitty league?

Were we playing in a shitty league??

Would he have won that golden boot playing for the liles of motherwell?

Would he have won that golden boot if the defence and midfield did not do their jobs?

1 minute ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Would he have won that golden boot if the defence and midfield did not do their jobs?

1. You said that he wasn't playing in one of the best leagues. It was of a higher standard in McCoist days. 

2. WTF? 

3. See point 2

5 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Mate, that's pish.

He done his job as a striker, they done theirs as a defence and midfield.

35 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Le Guen. 

21 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

What about him? If you are saying he resigned and didn't have any pay off that's not true.

Le Guen waived a severence fee of around 1.5 million when he left. This was publicly stated at the time.

9 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Le Guen waived a severence fee of around 1.5 million when he left. This was publicly stated at the time.

My understanding is that he resigned giving 1 years notice and was paid a full years salary as settlement. He would have been due 2 years but he hardly walked away with nothing and could have walked into another job the next day. 

Just now, westenclosure2008 said:

My understanding is that he resigned giving 1 years notice and was paid a full years salary as settlement. He would have been due 2 years but he hardly walked away with nothing and could have walked into another job the next day. 

Where did you hear this?

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Le Guen publically said he refused a pay-off because he felt he failed as a manager and it wasn't right.

It didn't work out for him but at least he was honest and a man of integrity.

And he wasn't an apparent rangers man/fan. Respect to PLG, just highlights how much of a dick McCoist was when a frenchman with no ties to our club has more respect for our club and dignity.

Just now, westenclosure2008 said:

SDM publicly stated that Le Guen refused any severance payment due to the fact he felt he had failed. SDM, despite the prick that he is, tried to get him to accept it on the basis of his European results, Le Guen declined.