McSalary: No regrets

Virtuoso

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, westenclosure2008 said:

you're being naive if you think he said I'm going now don't pay me another penny. 

I just typed it into Google there and found 3 different links to the story confirming he refused a pay-off at first glance.

What more do you want?

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Dear God - I'm out.

It's a media conspiracy Paul Le Guen refused to take a pay-off lol. Enjoy the rest of your night mate.

You're not getting the point. Under ridiculous football contracts most managers when sacked have their contracts paid in full. Le Guen got 1 year settlement instead of his 2 year entitlement and could still claim he did not take a settlement when he left. 

I'm guessing your links are from the usual Glasgow rags but good to know for future that you think they only speak the truth!

4 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

You're not getting the point. Under ridiculous football contracts most managers when sacked have their contracts paid in full. Le Guen got 1 year settlement instead of his 2 year entitlement and could still claim he did not take a settlement when he left. 

I'm guessing your links are from the usual Glasgow rags but good to know for future that you think they only speak the truth!

Were you dropped on the head as a baby or something? ... show me the several sources that you claimed said he got a pay-off.

Using your logic, the papers said today the Celtic captain is called Scott Brown and the Rangers manager's name is Mark Warburton - how do we know they were telling the truth? did they photocopy their birth certificates? .

Lies everywhere in the papers.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Were you dropped on the head as a baby or something? ... show me the several sources that you claimed said he got a pay-off.

Using your logic, the papers said today the Celtic captain is called Scott Brown and the Rangers manager's name is Mark Warburton. Lies everywhere in the papers.

I'm having a difference of opinion with you so no need to throw insults. 

I have no official sources but the people I have heard this from I have no reason to doubt and have strong links with people within the club.

You realise we are arguing about who has the moral high ground out of two shite managers? 

The debate amongst gers on McCoist is a bit like that dress. some see it as white and gold, and others see it as blue and black, and both would be valid perceptions.my opinion of McCoist is this. to be held in the esteem that he was as a player by the fans, to the divisiveness which even just the mention of his name now seems to cause, then you know you've screwed up big time. lets be honest here, if you feel the mistake the person made was big enough and impacted you deeply enough, you may say or even honestly belive that you'll forgive them, but we don't really, not completely anyway, but that's just human nature

P:S:had it been Laudrup or Cooper (god rest his soul) that did what McCoist had done, then it would have pissed me off more, on second thoughts, had it been Laudrup or Cooper then it would have caused me great sadness rather than anger, which is a lot worse. then again that probably says more about my feelings towards those 2 greats as players as it relates to McCoist

Genuinely worried for some peoples health. Their blood pressure will be going through the roof. Poor wee souls.

If they weren't still so obsessed with the man they could probably lead a normal, healthy life. Alas this appears an impossible dream for some.

7 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Mate, that's pish.

He done his job as a striker, they done theirs as a defence and midfield.

No striker can score those goals all in his own. He needs assist and service. Mccoist got that in barrels.better than he would have at any other club in scotland.  Once he was going through a droubt and missing loads of fucking chances. Rangers made that arsehole. Not the other way around.if you diagree then just answer the question. Could mccostalot have won the golden boot at a lesser club? No

Could he have scored as many goals at a lesser club ? No

If rangers never had him would they have gotten someone as good? Chances are yes they would.

6 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Le Guen publically said he refused a pay-off because he felt he failed as a manager and it wasn't right.

It didn't work out for him but at least he was honest and a man of integrity.

Yup

I would argue bazza another so called rangers man was the cause of that.

13 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

No striker can score those goals all in his own. He needs assist and service. Mccoist got that in barrels.better than he would have at any other club in scotland.  Once he was going through a droubt and missing loads of fucking chances. Rangers made that arsehole. Not the other way around.if you diagree then just answer the question. Could mccostalot have won the golden boot at a lesser club? No

If rangers never had him would they have gotten someone as good? Chances are yes they would.

My Mrs would have been the top goalscorer with the quality of players he had around him. He missed barrowloads, the scum were on their erse in austerity during much of the period and we could have gotten much better.

He was an average striker, playing in a great Rangers period, with great players around him. He just sat everyone else out. You could say out of loyalty, but you could also say, not good enough for teams of similar stature and the gravy train was the best in Britain at the time. His MO suggests he just loved that blue pound. We made him, end of. Wattie's love child.

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

My Mrs would have been the top goalscorer with the quality of players he had around him. He missed barrowloads, the scum were on their erse in austerity during much of the period and we could have gotten much better.

He was an average striker, playing in a great Rangers period, with great players around him. He just sat everyone else out. You could say out of loyalty, but you could also say, not good enough for teams of similar stature and the gravy train was the best in Britain at the time. His MO suggests he just loved that blue pound. We made him, end of. Wattie's love child.

Nonsense. 

You might not like him (I personally hate him), but he was a terrific striker. 

7 hours ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I heard it from several sources. He signed on a 3 year deal and left with less than what he would have been due but still received a partial settlement.

Aye, made up wee sources in your head because you lost your daft argument. 

1 hour ago, AlBear85 said:

Genuinely worried for some peoples health. Their blood pressure will be going through the roof. Poor wee souls.

If they weren't still so obsessed with the man they could probably lead a normal, healthy life. Alas this appears an impossible dream for some.

I don't think anyone's obsessed. 

It's a current interview, in which he's stated he has 'no regrets'. That could refer to finishing 3rd in the second tier of Scottish football, or the financial conduct (or misconduct) of a supposed 'Rangers man'. 

People are entitled to be angry about it. Particularly as he's now decided to pop-up on the week of our biggest game in years, when he's been silent on major issues since he left. 

17 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Does the same rule apply to the late great Davie Cooper, did he only look good playing for Rangers because of the shity opposition players he was up against or are you talking nonsense again?

Why do people always forget when players or managers etc call them self a fan they will never be the same type of fan we are they grew up playing every weekend or away from the fishbowl we all go through every day at school and now work and beyond , I'm not defending him here but obviously his loyalty wouldn't be the same as ours , Walter Smith said some questionable stuff back in 2012 but rarely see a moan? 

Why two days before an old firm we linger on this shite I'll never know? We're fucking back!!! Time to all be shoulder to shoulder in this as the true loyal fans we are and put the scum to the sword come Saturday.

No Surrender

27 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Does the same rule apply to the late great Davie Cooper, did he only look good playing for Rangers because of the shity opposition players he was up against or are you talking nonsense again?

Cooper was a far superior player than McCoist ever was and would have walked into most teams on the planet.

38 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Cooper was gifted. Quality. 

McCoist was a journeyman who found his meal ticket. Not that you couldn't notice. 

1 hour ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Lol still a stupid point messi only wins the golden boot with barca so that's only because the teams good and not him?