Virtuoso

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Never Forgive. Never Forget. !:sherlock:

image.jpeg

See all the lovers of mccoist, defend this picture,you can't there's no excuse for it, what the fs he talking about

unlucky with the timing, he had 10 times the budget of the other teams, it couldn't have been easier. Horrendous 

manager(great player though)

IMO he still has a service to perform for the Support.   There will be a timing issue.  And I expect it would be best performed alongside King and the current Board so that it is a coherent, full, transparent and complete message.

The service?   Disclose what was actually going on.  He was front and centre at the time of the so-called commercial etc negotiations that led to us being dumped to Div 3 and all the stuff that was going on at that time.  He sat alongside the then CEO and Board.  He has first hand knowledge of what was said by whom, the line the SPL clubs led by you know who were taking, the extent to which the SFA botched matters and so on.  He also sat front and centre during the Green, Mather etc eras.    King and the Board will have all the records, notes of meetings etc.  Between them they have the inside Rangers knowledge of what was going on.   We deserve to be told the whole truth - especially the stuff that was going on by other clubs (remember the so-called 5 SPL clubs who were reckoned at the time to be ring-leaders in trying to end Rangers, and failing that to see us so financially weakened to try to make us just an also ran for a very long time.

We said we wouldn't forget.   I trust McCoist has not forgotten.   Its not a matter for just letting matters of history remain locked in his memory or in the undisclosed files at Ibrox.   Way too much happened.  It was the Support that was in effect punished for wrongdoings of others.   The Support deserves full disclosure of all of the relevant facts and details.  And imo McCoist owes one remaining a duty of service to the Support.   And that is to tell it as it was.  

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

That is his real shame in my eyes .He never told us the fans what went on .

He was after all "one of us" he said 

He will mate. He has a book ready to go to print but it's been delayed because of the upcoming court trials. Watch this space. 

1 hour ago, simplythebest said:

The shares and the contract which he negotiated with his mates (Murray and Bain), he was also happy to suck up to all the different owners and board members that came in as long as they kept him in a job 

Looking at the cold hard facts he didn't behave much differently to any other spiv 

I see the facts differently, but each to their own. 

14 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

He will mate. He has a book ready to go to print but it's been delayed because of the upcoming court trials. Watch this space. 

Count me out for that one, or I might grab it when its 99p on Amazon to level out my wobbly table.

22 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

....and for those who can separate the player from the abject failure of a manager (and this is without going into his behaviour off the pitch)

2nc0v3l.jpg

14ad4w4.jpg

I could put up John Greig's  managerial stats, but I won't bother, I would rather remember him as a great footballer.

39 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

....and for those who can separate the player from the abject failure of a manager (and this is without going into his behaviour off the pitch)

2nc0v3l.jpg

14ad4w4.jpg

One goal missing in the video . What was the score and when was the game ???

I think the abuse McCoist gets is becoming of our bheggar neighbours and not how we treat our own.

Yes he wasn't cut out as a manager with poor tactics and some terrible signings but in my opinion he cared just as much as us about our club. The man is a Rangers legend so let's give him our respect that he has earned!

1 minute ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I think the abuse McCoist gets is becoming of our bheggar neighbours and not how we treat our own.

Yes he wasn't cut out as a manager with poor tactics and some terrible signings but in my opinion he cared just as much as us about our club. The man is a Rangers legend so let's give him our respect that he has earned!

His managerial failings were one thing but the way he conducted himself as a person plays a huge part in why people have lost respect

17 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Count me out for that one, or I might grab it when its 99p on Amazon to level out my wobbly table.

These books were always handy fur the stairheid shitehoose! Readin material but always there tae wipe yer arse! Slightly better than San izal !:sherlock:

Just now, simplythebest said:

His managerial failings were one thing but the way he conducted himself as a person plays a huge part in why people have lost respect

I assume you're referring to him to continue taking a salary while on gardening leave?

I understand why people would think that was wrong but I think there must be more to it. If someone is put on gardening leave they can not be employed elsewhere. Why did King not make McCoist a settlement offer rather than put him on gardening leave? It would have been more beneficial to the club but my understanding is they did not even try and negotiate.

44 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

IMO he still has a service to perform for the Support.   There will be a timing issue.  And I expect it would be best performed alongside King and the current Board so that it is a coherent, full, transparent and complete message.

The service?   Disclose what was actually going on.  He was front and centre at the time of the so-called commercial etc negotiations that led to us being dumped to Div 3 and all the stuff that was going on at that time.  He sat alongside the then CEO and Board.  He has first hand knowledge of what was said by whom, the line the SPL clubs led by you know who were taking, the extent to which the SFA botched matters and so on.  He also sat front and centre during the Green, Mather etc eras.    King and the Board will have all the records, notes of meetings etc.  Between them they have the inside Rangers knowledge of what was going on.   We deserve to be told the whole truth - especially the stuff that was going on by other clubs (remember the so-called 5 SPL clubs who were reckoned at the time to be ring-leaders in trying to end Rangers, and failing that to see us so financially weakened to try to make us just an also ran for a very long time.

We said we wouldn't forget.   I trust McCoist has not forgotten.   Its not a matter for just letting matters of history remain locked in his memory or in the undisclosed files at Ibrox.   Way too much happened.  It was the Support that was in effect punished for wrongdoings of others.   The Support deserves full disclosure of all of the relevant facts and details.  And imo McCoist owes one remaining a duty of service to the Support.   And that is to tell it as it was.  

While we're talking about disclosure maybe he'll disclose why he needed 850,000 per annum to manage a Club in the lower Leagues who definitely needed that money elsewhere.

1 minute ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I assume you're referring to him to continue taking a salary while on gardening leave?

I understand why people would think that was wrong but I think there must be more to it. If someone is put on gardening leave they can not be employed elsewhere. Why did King not make McCoist a settlement offer rather than put him on gardening leave? It would have been more beneficial to the club but my understanding is they did not even try and negotiate.

Obviously you've got a lot of faith in him but until a believable explanation is given I can only conclude that it was greed and nothing more