• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

It's not though.

Really? How would you describe it then.

Even McCoist stated in an interview at the time:

He insisted yesterday his players have what’s required to turn things around — if they can rediscover the form which had them 15 points clear earlier in the campaign.

“We now have to realise we are playing catch-up.

“We are second in the league and we are still well in the hunt to win the championship.

“We are the hunter now rather than the hunted.

Take the fucking Ally-tinted specs off for a minute at least.

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

What's that then? being a brain dead wee mongo as I put it? - that's only your opinion ... probably a couple more others opinion's do but I don't respect the opinions of people who are brain dead anyway.

Context? all I've provided is context ... people like yourself refuse to accept the context that's put out to you because you want to remember Ally McCoin the player and not the money grabbing, lying, selfish prick that showed his true colours in the end.

No, unable to separate the player from the person...you've rolled it into one nice wee neat package so you can justify your unjustified view...you're not alone on that. 

Like I said, not getting into arguments on the rest.  

1 minute ago, coopsleftboot said:

No, unable to separate the player from the person...you've rolled it into one nice wee neat package so you can justify your unjustified view...you're not alone on that. 

Like I said, not getting into arguments on the rest.  

There's no contradiction then ... how can you actually be called a called a Rangers legend when you do the stuff he did in the end? maybe it's just me but real Rangers legend criteria goes beyond playing ability.

Again there's no contradiction there. I've always said it. For me Lee Wallace is more of a Rangers legend than Laudrup, for example because of the sacrifices he's made and the loyalty he's gave Rangers ... has Wallace playing wise had as much impact on the playing side as a Laudrup or McCoist? not a chance.

This whole subject has been done to death really and I don't see the point in good bears ripping into each other over Ally McCoist.

I loved him growing up, was desperate to see him be a good manager, he wasn't.

Now, all the other shite that swirls around it is really just not necessary. but lets just take a step back

Imagine the scenario, you are doing what you do in the work place and your boss likes what your doing. Thinks your good at your job. Your boss decides to call it a day and he says to the company that he thinks you should take on that position. Company agrees and you take the job. a few months  in and suddenly the company is taken over by a bunch of imposters fleecing it for every penny. You are left looking at all your direct reports who are looking to you for leadership and frankly you are finding yourself totally out of your depth. You were already starting to question if you were up to the task of the job anyway but now you have the burden of all the company's employees looking to you for safety and security. You man up and work your nuts off, trying to do a job while also cutting costs all across the board, trying to keep morale up as you see the company being ripped to shreds... you have never failed at anything before, damn sure your not about to start now. Your struggling but you are going to work at it, the company owners asks you to take a payout so that they can take more home for themselves, would you? I wouldn't.... 

In fact i have been in a work place situation that could be vaguely compared to this and i sure as hell didn't rush out saying i will give up my McSalary.

I understand everyones anger and they are entitled to it. McCoist stayed too long, he should have recognised his limitations sooner, but he didn't. 

Shite manager, average human, great player

3 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Wee hate fest of a Rangers great to endure  - starting with the OPs shite title! 

Not often I agree with you BP9, but I will have to make an exception this time. I was gutted with the way things worked out under Ally, but don't forget lads he is our greatest ever goalscorer, A bit of respect is due to the man.

1 minute ago, Der Hammer of Der Gods said:

Not often I agree with you BP9, but I will have to make an exception this time. I was gutted with the way things worked out under Ally, but don't forget lads he is our greatest ever goalscorer, A bit of respect is due to the man.

Respect? :lol:

He bled us fucking dry and fucked off with his full pay sat on his fat arse.

I respect the player and what he did on that pitch however I detest the managers and man he is behind all those goals.

McCoist is a spiv, just because he can sing the sash and scored barrels of goals doesn't change that. 

3 hours ago, cushynumber said:

O wad some Power the giftie gie us 
To see oursels as ithers see us! 
It wad frae mony a blunder free us, 
An' foolish notion: 
What airs in dress an' gait wad lea'e us, 
An' ev'n devotion!

What a lousy thread.

3 hours ago, M0NTY said:

Surprised it wasnt Salary McSalaryFace . A hate all that bollocks, boaty mcboat n the likes. Fuckin weapons, anycunt who thinks thats comical in the slightest needs a new sense of humour fucking toddler humour.

Fuck up dicky mcdickface 

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I respect the player and what he did on that pitch however I detest the managers and man he is behind all those goals.

McCoist is a spiv, just because he can sing the sash and scored barrels of goals doesn't change that. 

Would you tell your boss you don't want paid if you were put on paid leave? 

It's easy to sit and say if you were in his shoes you would have done things differently, I'm not so sure tbh.

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

It's easy to sit and say if you were in his shoes you would have done things differently, I'm not so sure tbh.

I don't work for the place I supported as a wean or the one that made me a millionaire 

dont be so ridiculous 

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

The likes of Green and Llambias only took the wages they were contractually entitled to as well if we're using that logic 

As an apparent massive Rangers man I think it wasn't unreasonable to expect better of McCoist, it's not as if someone with his history in the game and television was in desperate need of the money to feed his family and we were skint, still are it seems 

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I don't work for the place I supported as a wean or the one that made me a millionaire 

dont be so ridiculous 

Loyalty doesn't come in to it when money is involved, the staunchest of fans would think twice about turning hundreds of thousands of pounds down, as i say, it's easy to say otherwise on here.

15 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

That was all the respect I was suggesting, nothing more.

3 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

The likes of Green and Llambias only took the wages they were contractually entitled to as well if we're using that logic 

As an apparent massive Rangers man I think it wasn't unreasonable to expect better of McCoist, it's not as if someone with his history in the game and television was in desperate need of the money to feed his family and we were skint, still are it seems 

Don't suppose he was desperate for money, he probably just wanted what he believed he was entitled to?

Just now, BlueMe said:

Don't suppose he was desperate for money, he probably just wanted what he believed he was entitled to?

Clearly but we're entitled to call him out on that from a moral perspective especially considering his claims of loving Rangers

We've spent years being angry at boardroom figures for taking money out of us but using your justification we shouldn't really be angry at any of them, as McCoist's behaviour wasn't really any different to theirs if you forget the playing legend status for a second 

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

Clearly but we're entitled to call him out on that from a moral perspective especially considering his claims of loving Rangers

We've spent years being angry at boardroom figures for taking money out of us but using your justification we shouldn't really be angry at any of them, as McCoist's behaviour wasn't really any different to theirs if you forget the playing legend status for a second 

I don't really follow any of the boardroom stuff, but I'm guessing the 1p shares is what you mean?

And he accepted a contact which he was previously on based on the turnover of the club, whats wrong with that?

We were all fooled by the previous crooks, but i personally don't think of Ally as anywhere near as bad as them.

3 hours ago, BluesClues said:

He's hardly going to come out and say 'Aye, I made a right cunt of it'

I think he should have. Takes a man to admit he made a mistake and he made a monumentous cock up time and time again. 

I still love him as a player, but after all the shite we endured under his management and now cosying up to his BFF Lennon, I can't take to the man anymore.