Barrie McKay

bluenose_n1

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, piperpete said:

He needs the ball IN the oppositions half and have alternatives things to do, today he got the ball In his own half with the forwards behind him, teams are pressing us and with the non pace of midfield and CHs accidents waiting to happen the wide men are more IN the defending 1/3 than the attacking, ITs the system not the playef but Barrie needs to work out how to produce from his own half, we should have played to out ball more often as  JG was having great success when we did and either won the ball or a freekick getting us up the park.

He's been hiding for five games now and the teams performances and results show that. He's not to blame for us getting beat, but he's a shrinking violet and been dross for five games. He holds on to the ball to long when he gets it and apart from one decent run his final balls were shocking.

There are others much more deserving of a start than him and as for MW's system, he will never be able to do it as he hasn't the mentality, but he isn't alone in that.

38 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Big time on all counts!

He has some decent dribbling skills, but that's it. He has been missing in action now for the first five league games. When he actually gets on to the ball, he slows the game down byhe nholding onto it too long instead of the simple pass forward and move for a return. He doesn't have the mentality for it, far less his final ball is dreadful of late.

He needs benched for a long time until he gets it. I doubt he ever will and MW just doesn't see that he is one of the main problems in getting players to work his very own system.

He needs the ball IN the oppositions half and have alternatives things to do, today he got the ball In his own half with the forwards behind him, teams are pressing us and with the non pace of midfield and CHs accidents waiting to happen the wide men are more IN the defending 1/3 than the attacking, ITs the system not the playef but Barrie needs to work out how to produce from his own half, we should have played to out ball more often as  JG was having great success when we did and either won the ball or a freekick getting us up the park.

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He's been hiding for five games now and the teams performances and results show that. He's not to blame for us getting beat, but he's a shrinking violet and been dross for five games. He holds on to the ball to long when he gets it and apart from one decent run his final balls were shocking.

There are others much more deserving of a start than him and as for MW's system, he will never be able to do it as he hasn't the mentality, but he isn't alone in that.

I dont disagree with he has had a slow start but there Is a player In there as he has shown, the whole team set up and way of playing has changed and he needs to learn to fit Into It or as you say he will be sitting on the bench and deservedly so.

1 hour ago, 55Bear said:

Think the only things of note he did that I can remember was winning the ball down the wing and the back heel, he linked up nicely once with Wallace, and then the attempt on goal. I really rate him as a player but something is not right with him just now. 

Defo something not right mate, really starting to think these summer signings have had an effect on the guys who done so well for us last season. Think Barton needs to be dropped just to show that nobody is undroppable and that the big names/earners need to earn their place in the team. 

53 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

Defo something not right mate, really starting to think these summer signings have had an effect on the guys who done so well for us last season. Think Barton needs to be dropped just to show that nobody is undroppable and that the big names/earners need to earn their place in the team. 

I think Barton needs to be sold back to Burnley. Their fans love him (fuck knows why) and will buy him back in january We need to try that option, coz he's shite.

57 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

Totally agree, feel like Warbs almost feels obliged to play the big names and is missing out on who the key players actually are. But as far as McKay goes I really hope he finds his stride again, get some crosses onto Garners heid. 

8 minutes ago, 55Bear said:

Totally agree, feel like Warbs almost feels obliged to play the big names and is missing out on who the key players actually are. But as far as McKay goes I really hope he finds his stride again, get some crosses onto Garners heid. 

Yeah defo, Garner is a nutter haha..he doesnae fuck about when getting stuck in. One of these players that will give his all every game. 

3 hours ago, bluenose_n1 said:

I'm seeing everybody target Barton,niko etc

how he is getting off is beyond me

absolute shadow of the player he was last season

is warburton showing to much loyalty to certain players

This seems to be a trait in Rangers managers dont matter if you play well long as your face fits well MW better get out of the habit an fukin quick

1 hour ago, torquay gers said:

catch a fucking grip you cunts, give the wee man a break, hes not playing, championship, div 1, or 2, or 3 teams now, hes up against good defenders who know how to play against very good wingers like barry. he will come good again, so fucking lay aff

Will he?

I don't doubt he's got enough ability to be a success in this league. However, his form has been stinking so far this season and yet plays every week. Needs dropped and replaced with those that had shown better form so far e.g. the likes of MOH and Forrester. Same applies to Miller and any player for that matter. There's enough of a squad to cover this (remember "it's all about the squad").

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

I think he has already made his mind up TBH and he will be off at the first offer from down south.

I don't think many teams will be beating a path to his door, the tim games are what he would be judged on by potential suitors and that today was a shambles making me feel quite sick.

3 hours ago, Jmcdonald1990 said:

He's been off the boil ages now. I always see signs of a good player there, I really thought he'd shine for us this season. Sadly not been the case. Hopefully he can find the Form he had last season again 

Agree totally with your post. I know he is a professional but he is also still young. I wondered if he is struggling with so many new players settling into the team.

37 minutes ago, Harry Rangers said:

Awful performance but it's been like that this season so far, Guy is not cut out for this level, I'd loan him out for a season and try make him a bit stronger/less of a shitebag.

better than your forrest gump on his day .