Coatbridge cenotaph vandalised...

SuperAli

Written to all local councillors, MSPs and MPs. 

Dear *

Please see attached images of vandalism to Coatbridge cenotaph which was carried out on the evening of Monday the 12th of September. Graffiti includes words such as 'IRA', 'PIRA', '1916' and 'Provos.' The Evening Times has also reported on this bigoted behaviour which can be viewed via the link: http://m.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14738991.Bigoted_vandals_daub_IRA_graffiti_on_Coatbridge_cenotaph/

I trust you will find these images as distressing and disgusting as I, and many others, did. I hope you will publicly condemn this behaviour at the earliest opportunity. I suspect you may believe that highlighting and condemning such behaviour may give these vandals publicity but I believe that simply ignoring behaviour like this, which the media and politicians in Scotland have done thus far, has only encouraged behaviour like this to continue and worsen. 

Yours sincerely, 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Gooseman said:

So how do we go about changing things?  We cannot hold the SNP to account because there is no political party that has the balls or the numbers to stand up to them.   When the biggest story in Scotland isn't being covered by any media outlet in the UK,  then we are on a hiding to nothing. 

We get our fellow fans to stop voting for them. People don't realise that the Scottish government is the SNP. 

18 minutes ago, SuperAli said:

We get our fellow fans to stop voting for them. People don't realise that the Scottish government is the SNP. 

I'm one who voted SNP and will never again. I'm proactive in sending emails to my mp telling him such. I suspect there's a lot like me that the SNP have now lost support from. To me politics and football should be completely separate but the SNP with their total disrespect and disregard for public decency has showing me that this is not the case. The media too has a lot to answer for. 

9 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I'm one who voted SNP and will never again. I'm proactive in sending emails to my mp telling him such. I suspect there's a lot like me that the SNP have now lost support from. To me politics and football should be completely separate but the SNP with their total disrespect and disregard for public decency has showing me that this is not the case. The media too has a lot to answer for. 

Why did you vote them in the first place?  If it was for independence then things like all this would only get ten times worse if we lost our uk ties.

12 hours ago, Inigo said:

This is what happens when the criticism goes one way. They feel untouchable. 

Politicians and the media have a lot to answer for.

Absolutely perfectly summed up. A modern day apartheid with the tail being allowed to wag the dog. However, there will come a breaking point, and when it happens.....

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

Why did you vote them in the first place?  If it was for independence then things like all this would only get ten times worse if we lost our uk ties.

Politics and football are completely separate for me. I understand a lot of fans in here are more proactive in the role politics plays in supporting Rangers but I'm not. Rangers are big enough and strong enough to be a broadchurch and should never go down the road that Ceptic has and create a  narrative that all the fans support Palestine. I am glad my vote failed but I'm glad because of the incompetence in mp's that we have in Scotland and not to do with supporting Rangers. 

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

Politics and football are completely separate for me. I understand a lot of fans in here are more proactive in the role politics plays in supporting Rangers but I'm not. Rangers are big enough and strong enough to be a broadchurch and should never go down the road that Ceptic has and create a  narrative that all the fans support Palestine. I am glad my vote failed but I'm glad because of the incompetence in mp's that we have in Scotland and not to do with supporting Rangers. 

I wasn't even talking about supporting Rangers more about the kind of behaviour mentioned in the OP

5 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

I wasn't even talking about supporting Rangers more about the kind of behaviour mentioned in the OP

Me too, it sickens me that our politicians are not condemning this, it sickens me that Ross Greer a green mp decided to use parliament to show support for Celtic embarrassing Scotland with the hatred shown to football visitors from Israel. I am sending emails to my mp condemning this. I am a Rangers fan but politics doesn't come into it, atleast it shouldn't. 

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

Me too, it sickens me that our politicians are not condemning this, it sickens me that Ross Greer a green mp decided to use parliament to show support for Celtic embarrassing Scotland with the hatred shown to football visitors to Israel. I am sending emails to my mp condemning this. I am a Rangers fan but politics doesn't come into it, atleast it shouldn't. 

Sure but all I'm saying is that if independence ever did happen these things would get worse, the aim of what seems to be the majority of the independence movement isn't simply to break away from Westminster and have a broad church, it would be a country very much built in a 'radical left' image where they'd want to wipe out all traces of our uk wide links like the history of the armed forces

None of that is to do with supporting Rangers

5 hours ago, jaywalker said:

Just as a matter of interest, how do they encourage this?

Obviously most of their party are paddy lovers, they like anything that goes against the Union, if they didn't encourage it they would be demanding that that club breaks all ties with the Irish republic and becomes truly Scottish, they bring out anti hate laws but say nothing when a dispicable show of hate is allowed to go unchallenged by them, never mind them cossying up to the Republic as a model for an Independent Scotland.

3 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Sure but all I'm saying is that if independence ever did happen these things would get worse, the aim of what seems to be the majority of the independence movement isn't simply to break away from Westminster and have a broad church, it would be a country very much built in a 'radical left' image where they'd want to wipe out all traces of our uk wide links like the history of the armed forces

None of that is to do with supporting Rangers

I don't agree, only Celtic fans have the complete lack of morals to do the sickening acts that we have witnessed today. Do you honestly believe that out of the 45ish% of vote ( sorry forgot the figure) that they all are anti armed forces and even anti British. I voted because I'm fed up of the conservative government and before this debacle believed that Scotland had politicians that would have gave Scotland are more fairer society. 

I repeat, I was wrong. The SNP are built on hatred. 

8 hours ago, tannerall said:

This sort of insidious behaviour seems to be happening more and more in Scotland.

We have progressed to a culture that appeases those who hate their country and have no shame, yet vllifies those who are loyal an proud.

Disgraceful.

The only consolation to this and other recent events is that they will continue to get worse until there is a massive backlash. There has to be.

6 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I don't agree, only Celtic fans have the complete lack of morals to do the sickening acts that we have witnessed today. Do you honestly believe that out of the 45ish% of vote ( sorry forgot the figure) that they all are anti armed forces and even anti British. I voted because I'm fed up of the conservative government and before this debacle believed that Scotland had politicians that would have gave Scotland are more fairer society. 

Takes a decent man to admit he was wrong (tu)

I voted SNP before ( not in the Indy ref) for similar reasons, I was fed up with the Labour Party and the Tories were unelectable in Scotland, I gave the SNP a chance, never again, my mistake.

18 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Fair play on the SNP but even without voting for them again you may have another choice to make if they ever do get another referendum (although I simply think they shouldn't be allowed)

Just now, simplythebest said:

Fair play on the SNP but even without voting for them again you may have another choice to make if they ever do get another referendum (although I simply think they shouldn't be allowed)

If they do the Scottish government couldn't organise a fucking brothel let alone run a country. Right now if your pro independence you would need to either be a complete moron or a Celtic fan( possibly same thing) to vote for it. I'll not vote for independence until I feel that there is a government in place that could give Scotland a better society than the Westminster one can, I dont like the Tories and there going to probably be in place for a long time but right now they are definitely the best option. 

5 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Can't see one happening soon . Sturgeon thought her rally cry after the EU would cause a surge , it appears to have had the same effect as farting into the wind . May won't entertain it whilst brexit gets sorted out either 

Just now, cr3_bear said:

Can't see one happening soon . Sturgeon thought her rally cry after the EU would cause a surge , it appears to have had the same effect as farting into the wind . May won't entertain it whilst brevit gets sorted out either 

Wouldn't want to be complacent but the EU vote definitely hasn't caused the shift she was clearly hoping for and hopefully people are getting tired of bleating about the constitution rather than taking care of the many things the Scottish Parliament has power over

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

Wouldn't want to be complacent but the EU vote definitely hasn't caused the shift she was clearly hoping for and hopefully people are getting tired of bleating about the constitution rather than taking care of the many things the Scottish Parliament has power over

true we need to begin hammering the nails in the coffin at any future elections , for now it has to be Tory and watch them squirm 

1 hour ago, SuperAli said:

Written to all local councillors, MSPs and MPs. 

Dear *

Please see attached images of vandalism to Coatbridge cenotaph which was carried out on the evening of Monday the 12th of September. Graffiti includes words such as 'IRA', 'PIRA', '1916' and 'Provos.' The Evening Times has also reported on this bigoted behaviour which can be viewed via the link: http://m.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14738991.Bigoted_vandals_daub_IRA_graffiti_on_Coatbridge_cenotaph/

I trust you will find these images as distressing and disgusting as I, and many others, did. I hope you will publicly condemn this behaviour at the earliest opportunity. I suspect you may believe that highlighting and condemning such behaviour may give these vandals publicity but I believe that simply ignoring behaviour like this, which the media and politicians in Scotland have done thus far, has only encouraged behaviour like this to continue and worsen. 

Yours sincerely, 

It happened earlier than Monday evening,it was probably late Sunday night it happened,it was there yesterday afternoon.