Joey sent home

scottjf82

1 hour ago, Dietspam said:

He's not what i thought he would be here at Rangers and i would be hugely disappointed if he was a failure at the club. 

He won't be the first English footballer at the end of his career who thought he could stroll it up here, and went home with his tail between his legs, and he won't be the last.

He should watch some Terry Hurlock videos and know what is expected of him when pulling on our clubs shirt and I hope he proves us all wrong and gets on with it as I think he has plenty to offer this is maybe the kick up the arse he needed.

3 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

He's only just signed and already the shit has hit the fan and it will again if this one settles down. It doesn't get any better with this guy. Termination is the best way forward for all concerned.

if it does get better we might just see why he was voted best player in the championship.   I hope that is what happens.   if we get more drama, then yeah get rid of him IMO.

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

I can't see why he would throw himself under a bus like that after working so hard to improve his reputation. Who ever leaked the story to the press had the intent of damaging JB's reputation given his past.

Going on twitter and talksport, to say what he did, when your manager and club have sent you home and ordered to stay away, are not the actions of a repentant man.

Actions, not words, define the man.  

Sadly, far too many are listening to his words and ignoring his actions.

1 minute ago, evenstevens said:

Going on twitter and talksport, to say what he did, when your manager and club have sent you home and ordered to stay away, are not the actions of a repentant man.

Actions, not words, define the man.  

Sadly, far too many are listening to words and ignoring the actions.

They do indeed. His first words in all this were

To respond to news reports circulating this evening...

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

They do indeed. His first words in all this were

(And in direct contravention of managerial instructions, here is my story....and if you miss it on Twitter I'll repeat it on radio tomorrow)

Sweetheart, I admire your persistence but I guess I prefer to think that no man is bigger than the club and him even going on Twitter and Talksport about an internal club matter is testament to his respect for our club. 

And before you say, ah, but someone at the club leaked it, that presupposes it wasnt him. And if it was someone at the club then his correct course of action was to speak to MW and ask for the club to release a suitable statement or he would be forced to. Which may have hapened and we refused....who knows. But my gut says that he is at it. 

4 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

(And in direct contravention of managerial instructions, here is my story....and if you miss it on Twitter I'll repeat it on radio tomorrow)

Sweetheart, I admire your persistence but I guess I prefer to think that no man is bigger than the club and him even going on Twitter and Talksport about an internal club matter is testament to his respect for our club. 

And before you say, ah, but someone at the club leaked it, that presupposes it wasnt him. And if it was someone at the club then his correct course of action was to speak to MW and ask for the club to release a suitable statement or he would be forced to. Which may have hapened and we refused....who knows. But my gut says that he is at it. 

I'f buy the 'he broke it theory' if it hadn't been first reported by Keith Jackson, plenty players and non-playing staff have previous with him.  

2 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

I just feel he his innocent until proven guilty.

4 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

He may be at it, but it doesn't excuse the anonymus informer, presuming it aint Barton, as that action can harm our club big time and for me is worse and more cowardly than any training ground spat and a player trying to defend himself after a leaked story demonising him.

Who knows, maybe the informant will be inardvently given up.by the mhedia, as they do to damage us. Will the club sack the informant and would we have the same fervour in calling for his head and expect them to, or will double standards apply?

We are wide open for a mhedia shredding, as usual.

7 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

If it's a disciplinary meeting wouldn't he take his lawyer. If he wanted to negotiate out surely he'd take his agent.

Telegraph are saying it was a week's suspension he's been on, which implies it's a disciplinary hearing.

But what you're saying makes complete sense. Suppose it depends how much he trusts his agent's knowledge of legal stuff vs his lawyer's knowledge of football matters.

Who is his agent anyway?

11 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Telegraph are saying it was a week's suspension he's been on, which implies it's a disciplinary hearing.

But what you're saying makes complete sense. Suppose it depends how much he trusts his agent's knowledge of legal stuff vs his lawyer's knowledge of football matters.

Who is his agent anyway?

info here http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joey-barton/marktwertverlauf/spieler/3292