Joey sent home

scottjf82

The way MW has handled the situation and let the situation get to him and the players is a joke. 

Barton is a good player, opinionated which was always the case, the reports show that he was asked for his opinion and gave an honest response, yet Barton is getting the stick for it? 

This is going to be a media shit storm either way and if he does go, without adequate reason then the club have handled it extremely poorly.

The only good to come out of this if he does go is we will see a lot more of Rossiter. 

TBH this is exactly the kind of shit that the taigs have hoped for. Bombard the (semi) hi-profile Rangers signing, who, despite what so many people say, is still a good player and can certainly do a job up here, til the wheels fall off and then, instead of him being a great contributor to us challenging the bheasts, he leaves.

Anyone who thinks that Barton isn't a good addition to the team, at least on paper, is being daft or insincere. That being said, I did think the team looked more cohesive yesterday, and I've expected much more from Barton, but I think it's worth giving things a chance because he can obviously play. However, I do appreciate that sometimes guys can just be too disruptive to the harmony of the team, which one of the most important parts of a team.

Albeit it's not been a great start, but, we're only 6 games into the season and I just think everybody needs to calm down a bit.

5 minutes ago, BigDak said:

TBH this is exactly the kind of shit that the taigs have hoped for. Bombard the (semi) hi-profile Rangers signing, who, despite what so many people say, is still a good player and can certainly do a job up here, til the wheels fall off and then, instead of him being a great contributor to us challenging the bheasts, he leaves.

Anyone who thinks that Barton isn't a good addition to the team, at least on paper, is being daft or insincere. That being said, I did think the team looked more cohesive yesterday, and I've expected much more from Barton, but I think it's worth giving things a chance because he can obviously play. However, I do appreciate that sometimes guys can just be too disruptive to the harmony of the team, which one of the most important parts of a team.

Albeit it's not been a great start, but, we're only 6 games into the season and I just think everybody needs to calm down a bit.

Many of the same people who never wanted Barton and want him gone are the same ones who want to hunt MOH, yet the two players are polar opposites with nothing in common, OR do they?   

5 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Many of the same people who never wanted Barton and want him gone are the same ones who want to hunt MOH, yet the two players are polar opposites with nothing in common, OR do they?   

Black hair? To be fair, most folk I've spoken to want MOH to get a game. I've no heard any animosity towards him. But I see what you mean.

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

Yes. That is one possibility. Or another is that he leaked it himself to allow him to justify a twitter and Talksport outing and manufacture an exit.

I can't see why he would throw himself under a bus like that after working so hard to improve his reputation. Who ever leaked the story to the press had the intent of damaging JB's reputation given his past.

IMO if Barton does indeed leave I can't see this being a sacking or payoff - it will be mutual agreement (hopefully with confidentiality agreement).  Barton can then get on with finding a club to see out his career. He'll be able to at least match whatever we're paying him no problem - he'll be playing championship football again very soon.

This is all IF he does indeed leave tomorrow which I'm 50/50 on so please don't interpret it as me saying 'get him out' or 'we're better without him'. 

25 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I can't see why he would throw himself under a bus like that after working so hard to improve his reputation. Who ever leaked the story to the press had the intent of damaging JB's reputation given his past.

The one thing we are forgetting, is the mhedia know who leaked it. They need to verify their source as credible. I know, no laughing! That's pretty powerfull knowledge to posses that can ultimately used against us in many ways, eg. two years wages in compo if it comes to that, if it wasn't Barton and it looks like it wasn't from what followed, but it can't be ruled out.

Whomever it was,  is a traitor and should be hunted. That one action puts the act of petulance into perspective, begging the question WTF is going on behind the scenes.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

The one thing we are forgetting, is the mhedia know who leaked it. They need to verify their source as credible. I know, no laughing! That's pretty powerfull knowledge to posses that can ultimately used against us in many ways, eg. two years wages in compo if it comes to that, if it wasn't Barton and it looks like it wasn't from what followed, but it can't be ruled out.

Whomever it was,  is a traitor and should be hunted. That one action puts the act of petulance into perspective, begging the question WTF is going on behind the scenes.

Agreed. I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong if Barton was the leak but to me it makes no sense. Someone needs a boot up the ass for leaking that story. It does beg the question what is going on behind the scenes.

10 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I am not really fussed about him to be honest. If he leaves tomorrow,  I would not bat an eyelid.

He's not what i thought he would be here at Rangers and i would be hugely disappointed if he was a failure at the club.