Joey sent home

scottjf82

Just now, Smile said:

The thing is i don't think he's leaked it will be one of the board or their hangers-on looking for a wee envelope i think Bartons did his best to play it down.

Going on the radio and on the Internet tweeting is just what Barton does and the Manager knows this.

On Tuesday night it had been kept within a very close circle. No-one at the club I spoke to even gave an inkling something had went on earlier in the day (and that includes Mulholland and most of the media guys). No-one will likely have noticed on Wednesday since it was a day off. My guess is it's came from within the dressing room after journos spotted there was no Barton at training yesterday as they made their way in for pressers.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No idea. Although, tbh I do remember the majority of us welcoming the signing of Templeton with open arms before we discovered his legs were actually glass.

This is it though it's all opinions what we say here means nothing apart for some of the posters who kid on its team changing stuff.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

The thing is i don't think he's leaked it will be one of the board or their hangers-on looking for a wee envelope i think Bartons did his best to play it down.

Going on the radio and on the Internet tweeting is just what Barton does and the Manager knows this.

I don't think Barton's leaked it either. I just hope he doesn't get the sack for it. 

Turning into a bit of a farce now. 

Needs put to bed asap. 

The major problem the manager faces is if we hammer County on Saturday, does he stick or give Barton his place back against the sheep? He needs to handle this extremely carefully. The best outcome is we beat County and then Aberdeen with Barton in the team and we just move on

9 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

If he knew the story was breaking he has the right to defend himself and his reputation, he's not slagged anyone off.  He told us in that interview the players were asked for an opinion, he gave his views probably with a few explicits and got banished. I don't think it is Barton that has spat the dummy out here. Question is who leaked the story in the first place, all Barton has done is defend himself. 

I think it's pretty likely that it was Barton who spat the dummy.

He's all mouth and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he was happy to give him opinion but has been unable to take any criticism back.

At the end of the day Halliday is still training with the club and could play tomorrow and Barton is the one sitting at home and with his reputation, his tendency to resort to violence and the rumour that he squared up to Warburton I'm not surprised in the slightest.

Just now, wilberforce1 said:

There are always two sides to a story.

Absolutely, but when someone leaks you a juicy story like this you go with what you can to make them look favourable. You're not going to get a story from Barton, chuck him under the bus and then get another one from him ever again

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think it's pretty likely that it was Barton who spat the dummy.

He's all mouth and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he was happy to give him opinion but has been unable to take any criticism back.

At the end of the day Halliday is still training with the club and could play tomorrow and Barton is the one sitting at home and with his reputation, his tendency to resort to violence and the rumour that he squared up to Warburton I'm not surprised in the slightest.

Barton said in the interview he was called into the office and asked to clarify what he had said, he then got banished. Barton is not an idiot he wouldn't throw him self under a bus imho by leaking the story.

15 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Why just Halliday? The majory of the players have been horse shit so far. Everybody needs to step up, not just Halliday and Barton.

cause its never sat well with me that Halliday was essentially dropped for Barton. I hope Halliday takes his chance on Saturday.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

cause its never sat well with me that Halliday was essentially dropped for Barton. I hope Halliday takes his chance on Saturday.

Halliday had been needing dropped for a while tbh I was pretty happy when I saw he'd been dropped but Barton wasn't much better when he came in.

5 minutes ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

Only in Scotland that this is a big story, if it happened at any other club apart from ours it would have already died a death.

Don't think so, talksport are flogging the soundbites to death as we speak and without stating the obvious there a national station. Where we like it or not bartons big news:disappointment:

Dont know why anybody even have their thongs in a twist about this non story. 

All of the players are hurting and fuses are short joey has a big desire to win but knows he's been shite and is getting it tight. 

It was a 3 on 3 training exercises and windass and halliday ripped the piss out of Barton who retaliated. Halliday then confronted and both were called into the office. (Allegedly)

Am not Bartons biggest fan as far as his time here so far, with his pedigree I expected much more as did a lot of us on here, he will stroll it etc, I hope he gives himself the boot up the arse he needs cos let's face it, only he can improve his game but I can't really disagree with what he says.  We desperately need players that give a fuck when we lose. Especially to that mob