Joey sent home

scottjf82

24 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Reading Bartons latest statement it's now abndently clear he is working his Ticket and wants out. Whatever you think about him and I never wanted him we should be worried that someone wants out after 5 games

Doing it in a very strange way, given his interview. I don't get that from the interview at all.

Told a few home truths and bit of had language was used and the media blow it out of proportion. 

Sent home to sort his head out and that's it.

Has he been suspended No.

I have heard that many shit rumours from the media rags. It's a joke only rangers can sign a top player from league that is of better standards than ours and it turns out to be a fiasco.

Smokescreen for the fact that we are playing shit and certain other players haven't been dropped. Few home truths been told and players took offence by it. 

Barton on Tuesday’s disagreement:

They’ve told me to stay away. There’s a lot of misconceptions out there at this moment in time. I’ve been asked me to re-evaluate the way I’m thinking just now and my thoughts, and I don’t think they’ll change. I want Rangers Football Club to win and we’ve just lost to our fiercest rivals at the weekend. We’ve come in on Monday and trained then came in again on Tuesday and we’re trying to pick the bones of how we get better and and get Rangers back to the top of Scottish football.

We were asked for an opinion and I’m someone who gives an opinion and two passionate Rangers players have shared opinions on how we get better as a team and get better. Nothing more than that.

Sometimes the way I communicate can be a bit blunt and a bit direct and ruffles people’s feathers but I don’t apologise for trying to win. I care deeply about playing football and I understand the role of a modern day player in how you represent the fans and how disappointing it is, not only for the people at the game, but the ramifications of a defeat in a game of such magnitude. You want to improve and you want to get better and that’s what I believe we’re paid to do and that’s what I came here to do.

Andy (Halliday) is a mad, passionate Rangers man. We sat after we had exchanged views on the training ground and spoke through it. There’s absolutely no issue with me and Andy. It’s disappointing that certain people are insinuating that there is because it’s completely false. He’s someone I have great respect for as a Rangers player and he’s a passionate Rangers man. He someone who’s mind you have to pick because of how much of the tradition and history of the club he knows since he’s someone who stood on the terraces. He cares deeply about getting the club better, as I do.

The way it’s been handled is strange. It does look like, with my past history and you’ve been told to stay away from the club, that something more than that has happened which is why I’ve decided to get on the radio and speak to you.

Andy stopped on the training ground and the manager has pulled me in and asked me to explain what I’d said and I told him, in no uncertain terms, where I believed it to ‘be at. Obviously he’s saying I need to think things through and think whether I’m in the right frame of mind to be performing at the level I need to be at. Whilst I didn’t agree with that, he’s the manager of the football club and I have to accept it. I did explain to him there would be a lot of misconceptions about why I’d be missing for Ross County and people would look into it but at the end of the day I’ve got to do what the manager tells me to do. If he deems that’s the way it’s to be then that’s the way it’ll be.

A lot of people are criticising me, rightly so, and maybe I’ve come up here and been a bit too brash saying I want to win the league or Rangers but I do, and I care about what I do. I want to help Rangers win the league and the difficulty lies in that the teams not doing as well as it can at the minute. As a player you’re only as good as your teammates, so if I’m going to improve we’re all going to improve.

Barton on his communication skills

I don’t believe I’ve done anything to apologise for. It’s the tone of language I’ve used. Maybe I don’t communicate like someone who’s been educated at Eton and I don’t use very grammatically correct sentences but that’s not me. I’m from Liverpool. I communicate how I communicate and I want to win football matches. That’s how I communicate. By the way it can be bristling at times and for that I take responsibility. At times maybe I can communicate better, I accept that, but the message doesn’t change. It’s not the wrong message I’m communicating and I don’t think it’s fair for anyone to say that’s the case.

It wasn’t anger. We were verbalising some key issues on why we weren’t doing well. Any Rangers fan would expect the players to be hurting. It’s not just a football match up here, it’s not just three points dropped on a Saturday. It goes a lot deeper in this city and you would expect the players to be holding some kind of inquest. Bear in mind, it’s not only the Celtic game. We haven’t quite hit stride this season and everything we’ve been talking about, between the players, has been about getting better. It’s not always done in a constructive manner. Some times people say things in the heat of what they are saying, which rationally you wouldn’t say, but that doesn’t mean that the message wasn’t the correct message.

Barton on his own form and expectations

I’ve played five games. I played in the Betfred Cup and didn’t have a pre-season because of it, that’s not my choosing it’s just the nature of the competition, played against Hamilton and got man of the match so I can’t have played that terribly, played a few games since and I haven’t been Lionel Messi but I haven’t been Lionel Messi in my career. I’m somebody who gets on the ball, gets the ball back, gives the ball to players and the team isn’t functioning very well. I’m a huge part of that but we’re all not playing well. Is it through lack of desire? No. We’re just struggling to find our way as a team hence why we’re having the conversations we’re having. Finishing second in Scotland is nothing and people forget Rangers are jumping up a level, going from the Championship to the Premiership, which is a big step. In England you go from the Championship to the Premier League and it’s a huge step and in Scotland there’s maybe not the same drop-off or step-up but it is a considerable jump. You go from playing part time teams in the Scottish Championship to playing full time teams with a lot higher level of players, no disrespect to the clubs in the Championship, and there’s a lot of change at the club. 11 new players coming in with expectations of playing for a great footballing institution like Rangers. We’re expected to challenge for the title right away and all anyone is doing, myself included, is trying to get it better.

Things like this should stay within the training ground, and I know it’s hypocritical of me to say that on the radio, but it’s something that happens on training grounds all over the country all the time. People sometimes think footballer don’t care but that certainly can’t be aimed at me and I don’t think it’s aimed at any players at Rangers. We do care and we’re trying to make the club better and it’s disappointing that it’s got to this but I feel it’s important that people don’t use...I’ve had altercations with teammates before and this is nothing at all on that scale and it’s unfair for people to use that against me, hence why I’ve had to defend my position. I’ve worked far too hard in recent years to allow people to just brandish me with that and it’s completely unfair.

Barton on his Rangers future

“I’ll sit down with Warbs on Monday, that was always the plan, and I want the team to win on Saturday and want my teammates to win. That’s all that matters. I’ve got to re-evaluate stuff now that this has happened. It’s changed the landscape slightly but I’m as committed to Rangers as the day I signed. Nothing at all has altered me from that task. All I want is for Rangers to win and for us to be the best we can possibly be.

“I’m not admonishing my own responsibility in terms of performances, that needs to improve, but there’s no me trying scapegoat anyone or push blame onto somebody else. We’re all in this together as a football club. We win together, we lose together and it should hurt. It should hurt as a professional footballer not to win football matches and hopefully we can draw a line under this and get back to doing what’s most important; winning games for Rangers.

You can listen to the full interview here

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Have you heard the interview on TalkSport?

Some kind soul transcribed what Barton had to say for those that can't listen 

http://www.gotthebattlefeveron.com/2016/9/16/12939420/joey-barton-appears-on-talksport-following-rangers-halliday-warburton-training-ground-fall-out

I didn't think what he said was that bad but it won't do him any good to keep saying he didn't do anything wrong.  MW obviously thought he did and sent him to cool off, the problem seems to be Barton can't let it go unlike Halliday (which is why he wasn't sent home).  Just my opinion but to me MW  has given Barton a lot of respect and at times it almost looked like Barton thought he was part of the management team.  Maybe MW did the right thing and showed who is really the boss.    

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Barton on Tuesday’s disagreement:

They’ve told me to stay away. There’s a lot of misconceptions out there at this moment in time. I’ve been asked me to re-evaluate the way I’m thinking just now and my thoughts, and I don’t think they’ll change. I want Rangers Football Club to win and we’ve just lost to our fiercest rivals at the weekend. We’ve come in on Monday and trained then came in again on Tuesday and we’re trying to pick the bones of how we get better and and get Rangers back to the top of Scottish football.

We were asked for an opinion and I’m someone who gives an opinion and two passionate Rangers players have shared opinions on how we get better as a team and get better. Nothing more than that.

Sometimes the way I communicate can be a bit blunt and a bit direct and ruffles people’s feathers but I don’t apologise for trying to win. I care deeply about playing football and I understand the role of a modern day player in how you represent the fans and how disappointing it is, not only for the people at the game, but the ramifications of a defeat in a game of such magnitude. You want to improve and you want to get better and that’s what I believe we’re paid to do and that’s what I came here to do.

Andy (Halliday) is a mad, passionate Rangers man. We sat after we had exchanged views on the training ground and spoke through it. There’s absolutely no issue with me and Andy. It’s disappointing that certain people are insinuating that there is because it’s completely false. He’s someone I have great respect for as a Rangers player and he’s a passionate Rangers man. He someone who’s mind you have to pick because of how much of the tradition and history of the club he knows since he’s someone who stood on the terraces. He cares deeply about getting the club better, as I do.

The way it’s been handled is strange. It does look like, with my past history and you’ve been told to stay away from the club, that something more than that has happened which is why I’ve decided to get on the radio and speak to you.

Andy stopped on the training ground and the manager has pulled me in and asked me to explain what I’d said and I told him, in no uncertain terms, where I believed it to ‘be at. Obviously he’s saying I need to think things through and think whether I’m in the right frame of mind to be performing at the level I need to be at. Whilst I didn’t agree with that, he’s the manager of the football club and I have to accept it. I did explain to him there would be a lot of misconceptions about why I’d be missing for Ross County and people would look into it but at the end of the day I’ve got to do what the manager tells me to do. If he deems that’s the way it’s to be then that’s the way it’ll be.

A lot of people are criticising me, rightly so, and maybe I’ve come up here and been a bit too brash saying I want to win the league or Rangers but I do, and I care about what I do. I want to help Rangers win the league and the difficulty lies in that the teams not doing as well as it can at the minute. As a player you’re only as good as your teammates, so if I’m going to improve we’re all going to improve.

Barton on his communication skills

I don’t believe I’ve done anything to apologise for. It’s the tone of language I’ve used. Maybe I don’t communicate like someone who’s been educated at Eton and I don’t use very grammatically correct sentences but that’s not me. I’m from Liverpool. I communicate how I communicate and I want to win football matches. That’s how I communicate. By the way it can be bristling at times and for that I take responsibility. At times maybe I can communicate better, I accept that, but the message doesn’t change. It’s not the wrong message I’m communicating and I don’t think it’s fair for anyone to say that’s the case.

It wasn’t anger. We were verbalising some key issues on why we weren’t doing well. Any Rangers fan would expect the players to be hurting. It’s not just a football match up here, it’s not just three points dropped on a Saturday. It goes a lot deeper in this city and you would expect the players to be holding some kind of inquest. Bear in mind, it’s not only the Celtic game. We haven’t quite hit stride this season and everything we’ve been talking about, between the players, has been about getting better. It’s not always done in a constructive manner. Some times people say things in the heat of what they are saying, which rationally you wouldn’t say, but that doesn’t mean that the message wasn’t the correct message.

Barton on his own form and expectations

I’ve played five games. I played in the Betfred Cup and didn’t have a pre-season because of it, that’s not my choosing it’s just the nature of the competition, played against Hamilton and got man of the match so I can’t have played that terribly, played a few games since and I haven’t been Lionel Messi but I haven’t been Lionel Messi in my career. I’m somebody who gets on the ball, gets the ball back, gives the ball to players and the team isn’t functioning very well. I’m a huge part of that but we’re all not playing well. Is it through lack of desire? No. We’re just struggling to find our way as a team hence why we’re having the conversations we’re having. Finishing second in Scotland is nothing and people forget Rangers are jumping up a level, going from the Championship to the Premiership, which is a big step. In England you go from the Championship to the Premier League and it’s a huge step and in Scotland there’s maybe not the same drop-off or step-up but it is a considerable jump. You go from playing part time teams in the Scottish Championship to playing full time teams with a lot higher level of players, no disrespect to the clubs in the Championship, and there’s a lot of change at the club. 11 new players coming in with expectations of playing for a great footballing institution like Rangers. We’re expected to challenge for the title right away and all anyone is doing, myself included, is trying to get it better.

Things like this should stay within the training ground, and I know it’s hypocritical of me to say that on the radio, but it’s something that happens on training grounds all over the country all the time. People sometimes think footballer don’t care but that certainly can’t be aimed at me and I don’t think it’s aimed at any players at Rangers. We do care and we’re trying to make the club better and it’s disappointing that it’s got to this but I feel it’s important that people don’t use...I’ve had altercations with teammates before and this is nothing at all on that scale and it’s unfair for people to use that against me, hence why I’ve had to defend my position. I’ve worked far too hard in recent years to allow people to just brandish me with that and it’s completely unfair.

Barton on his Rangers future

“I’ll sit down with Warbs on Monday, that was always the plan, and I want the team to win on Saturday and want my teammates to win. That’s all that matters. I’ve got to re-evaluate stuff now that this has happened. It’s changed the landscape slightly but I’m as committed to Rangers as the day I signed. Nothing at all has altered me from that task. All I want is for Rangers to win and for us to be the best we can possibly be.

“I’m not admonishing my own responsibility in terms of performances, that needs to improve, but there’s no me trying scapegoat anyone or push blame onto somebody else. We’re all in this together as a football club. We win together, we lose together and it should hurt. It should hurt as a professional footballer not to win football matches and hopefully we can draw a line under this and get back to doing what’s most important; winning games for Rangers.

You can listen to the full interview here

Boooo! You could have at least put the bits I put in bold in bold. Haha

I want him back in playing well and having the whole team play well beside him. im sure he wants to play for us, I honestly think this has been handled wrongly. He should've been dropped but not sent home if it's only something that's happened in the heat of the moment

4 minutes ago, derekweir29 said:

Told a few home truths and bit of had language was used and the media blow it out of proportion. 

Sent home to sort his head out and that's it.

Has he been suspended No.

I have heard that many shit rumours from the media rags. It's a joke only rangers can sign a top player from league that is of better standards than ours and it turns out to be a fiasco.

Smokescreen for the fact that we are playing shit and certain other players haven't been dropped. Few home truths been told and players took offence by it. 

Rangers midfielder Joey Barton says his club-imposed ban is "wrong".

But the way it's been handled is strange. They've told me to stay away but there are a lot of misconceptions out there at the moment."

Barton said he had been asked to "re-evaluate the way I'm thinking" but does not think his opinions will change

all digs at the manager

1 hour ago, Skyson1872 said:

Listening to his interview it actually sounds like when he was giving his opinion he must have said something along the lines of "we were fucking shite" and it was deemed unsuitable for the work environment.

Swearing was banned by warbs on his first day 

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Have you heard the interview on TalkSport?

Some kind soul transcribed what Barton had to say for those that can't listen 

http://www.gotthebattlefeveron.com/2016/9/16/12939420/joey-barton-appears-on-talksport-following-rangers-halliday-warburton-training-ground-fall-out

Cheers.  I'll take a listen.

7 minutes ago, cstamomusa said:

I didn't think what he said was that bad but it won't do him any good to keep saying he didn't do anything wrong.  MW obviously thought he did and sent him to cool off, the problem seems to be Barton can't let it go unlike Halliday (which is why he wasn't sent home).  Just my opinion but to me MW  has given Barton a lot of respect and at times it almost looked like Barton thought he was part of the management team.  Maybe MW did the right thing and showed who is really the boss.    

Suppose it depends what he said. He kept re-iterating that maybe what he said was wrong but the message wasn't so, at a guess, he's said we've been shite collectively or picked out individuals for criticism but been a bit too aggressive. 

I don't think anyone has handled it well. Football players will, or at least should, be pissed off when you don't start well. If that's upset people they may be in the wrong gig.

Listened too his interview Not playing well as a team heated aired his views and exchange occurred.

Few bad words and sent home to calm.down before it escalates further.

Media blowing it out of propoption giving his side of story. Sit down and move on. He is genuinely committed I believe that.

Honest with his performances haven't been good he admits tthat but the team as a whole hasn't

Just like every workplace disagreements after disagreement. 

1 hour ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

Only in Scotland that this is a big story, if it happened at any other club apart from ours it would have already died a death.

Mario Balotelli had a literal fist fight with Mancini in training one time and there was picture proof of it too but it wasn't treated as big a story as this has been.

4 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Mario Balotelli had a literal fist fight with Mancini in training one time and there was picture proof of it too but it wasn't treated as big a story as this has been.

I hear ye

Black lives matter.

The more I read about this - including the transcript of Barton's interview - the more I think Rangers and MW are just going to let this blow over.  They could pass it off as a robust exchange of views that got too heated too quickly and a bit out of control for the good of everyone so taking time out to reflect then pick up from there was the way to go.   There may have been other ways to handle it but in the heat of the day that's what was decided.   Then trying to turn it into a useful thing by saying its good that players are passionate about their Club and their performances and have creative opinions on how to improve their game  - its just dpwm to MW to channel that spirit effectively ......and avoid a repeat.

I'm not saying that's the way it will actually pan out but for me it starts to have that sort of feeling about it.   Unless the tempers are not cooled off or what was said and the way it was said was so unacceptable in which case its over then my guess is Rangers and Barton will look to navigate respective ways out of this and come to an understanding of how they can work effectively together.     Either way, its handed an already hostile media a story to salivate over.   Pity it could not have been handled in a less public way.

1 minute ago, Reformation Bear said:

The more I read about this - including the transcript of Barton's interview - the more I think Rangers and MW are just going to let this blow over.  They could pass it off as a robust exchange of views that got too heated too quickly and a bit out of control for the good of everyone so taking time out to reflect then pick up from there was the way to go.   There may have been other ways to handle it but in the heat of the day that's what was decided.   Then trying to turn it into a useful thing by saying its good that players are passionate about their Club and their performances and have creative opinions on how to improve their game  - its just dpwm to MW to channel that spirit effectively ......and avoid a repeat.

I'm not saying that's the way it will actually pan out but for me it starts to have that sort of feeling about it.   Unless the tempers are not cooled off or what was said and the way it was said was so unacceptable in which case its over then my guess is Rangers and Barton will look to navigate respective ways out of this and come to an understanding of how they can work effectively together.     Either way, its handed an already hostile media a story to salivate over.   Pity it could not have been handled in a less public way.

Guarantee MW will say as much in his next press conference. He will say it was a minor discussion which has been dealt with and we will move on. They will bait him for more but he will just move on to the next questions

Wonder what the likes of Wallace would have thought about this, I would think he'd like men to be men, if they have issues get it out there.

It seems the Boss wants complete harmony in the squad good or bad, personally I think he should let them have their say, clear the air and move on.

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

If Joey has been sent home til monday for swearing then he's correct in saying it is fucking ridiculous.

I do not know why he's being singled out! None of that team have been world-beaters so far. This is all unwelcome on the eve of quite a hard game on saturday.I hope warbs really has thought this through.

Joey Barton always wants the last word, always wants the final say, always wants to be the centre of attention.

Its OK being passionate but not to the detriment of other people's opinions. This is the guy who said Sir Alex was a rubbish manager.

Sometimes strong personalities getting off on saying " they can be blunt, they can be direct," but a true gentleman can amend behaviour accordingly.