Mr Warburton "I'm happy with the performance"

1ClubMan72

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't think the performance in the main was bad. Better than we've had all season.

But goals win games, winning games is what you need to achieve.

If it was a one off it could be grudgingly accepted, however it's points dropped all the time now and that's never going to be acceptable.

Just now, B1872 said:

Yet Wes had to pull of a world class save or we'd have lost. Also it's Ross Count we were playing not Real Madrid.

Well that's football isn't it - opposition teams will ALWAYS get chances. If we'd put in those sitters we missed we'd have won 6 or 7-1 (allowing for Fod to let that one in). Doesn't work like that in reality.

Not sharp enough up front, by the time we get a shot away the opposition have everyone back in place

We make the pass and it always needs a second or third touch 

Bit of a blow  for the Holt brigade, did nothing, again,  Halliday and Windass put a shift in 

Garner hardly touched the ball

Tav and McKay had most of the Ball,  McKay still way off form

Manager needs to get a reality check, it's not acceptable to claim that was acceptable  today 

Just now, psb07158 said:

Well that's football isn't it - opposition teams will ALWAYS get chances. If we'd put in those sitters we missed we'd have won 6 or 7-1 (allowing for Fod to let that one in). Doesn't work like that in reality.

We should be beating Ross County every day of the week. There was fuck all urgency or plan B. Played the same way, same slow tempo, same passing. Also do they not practice taking corners, fucking embarrassing the amount of times we hit the first man - criminal.

I know being a football manager - never mind Manager of Rangers - is not the same as being a trader in the financial markets.    But if he'd pitched up to his boss or his shareholders with a message proclaiming he'd performed well but just didn't meet the financial targets or achieved the profit levels demanded in the job then he'd be in for a long walk of a short pier.    Deflections like 'trained well', 'prepared well', 'didn't get the rewards which were deserved', 'worked hard' and so on would simply be dismissed as interesting but not really relevant.   Because if the result is not the expected level of delivery then the rest doesn't mean much.

Wait a minute, is the comparison not valid to a large extent when you are Manager of Rangers?    His previous bosses, shareholders, clients and stakeholders might not have put up with poor results for very long.   Maybe we shouldn't either.    But if King has given him enough rope to carry out his experiments until he achieves a European slot for next season or fails to do so then we are in for a rocky and uncomfortable season chasing a low ambition.    Not really the tradition of Rangers imo.

Just now, B1872 said:

We should be beating Ross County every day of the week. There was fuck all urgency or plan B. Played the same way, same slow tempo, same passing. Also do they not practice taking corners, fucking embarrassing the amount of times we hit the first man - criminal.

I'm not disagreeing we should be beating Ross County but I'm disagreeing with this notion that we were absolutely terrible today. We played worse against Motherwell and won.

Wakey wakey Mark, we've had only 5 shots on target in a game you were expecting a massive reaction to ...... weak performance and players need to know that level is unacceptable at Rangers. He's accepting that, out his depth and will need to turn things around immediately (I thought / hoped that would start today) but he's quickly looking like a failure at this level. Very very sad. 

3 minutes ago, 55Bear said:

Ridiculous thing to say

It's no really a thought after last Saturday and his through the week press conference he's a man under pressure and it's getting to him.the guy is a breath a fresh air into Rangers but imo he'll walk by Xmas,a fucking hope am wrong though

He can not manage a game. Its becoming a shambles now. How Mckay managed to last 90 mins today is beyond belief, awful is an understatement. Wallace is the same both need dropped. Holt with Windass were our best players but yet he took off Holt. Also when we signed Gardner I thought he would get a barrel load of goals but there was no service to him, bet he will be having second thoughts. Waghorn still doesn't look fit and had another shocker today. We have went backwards from last year. After the game I heard that we have only won 4 in the last 14 league games, that's fucking shocking at any level never mind at Rangers. To come out with a statement that today was our best 90 mins of the season, he needs to get his eyes checked cos we were rank. Their keeper maby made 2 or 3 saves through the game. If Warburton is gona keep coming out with the same shite and we get the same shite performances he is gona run out of time very fast with the fans. I would like to see him come out and be trueful and admit we were shite and it's not good enough would be refreshing to hear. I thought we would be pushing for second but tbh we are gona be lucky to be 4th or 5th and to think our next run of games include Inverness, Aberdeen and hearts gives me the fear.

For once maybe its cause its the first time ive been sober at the game in a while but i thought it was just one of they days and i was reasonable pleased with the performance.

Tav should have scored in the 1st half and Windass when he rounded the goaly. 

Ross county came for a point and the plan went well for them.

Im still keeping the faith and i know we will get better but we are making in really hard and its going to be an uphill task now.

Onwards and upwards Aberdeen next and lets get the 3 points.

Most optimistic ive been maybe i should stay of the drink more often.  I trust warburton.

NO SURRENDER 

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I'm not disagreeing we should be beating Ross County but I'm disagreeing with this notion that we were absolutely terrible today. We played worse against Motherwell and won.

True! However I honestly felt we ran out of ideas in the second half and that last 20 minutes was painful to watch. Just can't see it being turned around. If a team score first against us I think we'll just capitulate. 

He's right.

He basically played the players most wanted to see, and I thought we did play well enough to win. 

Hit the woodwork, couple of goals ruled out, few cleared off the line and some really good saves.

We we're unlucky, but also we're not good enough. We've tried to build a team on peanuts and there's only so much you can do with that little investment.