****The Official Rangers v Queen of the South thread****

OceanRain

first half was a bit hit and miss, some nice stuff but once again looked like going through the motions, sorry but niko is finished, 2nd half was amillion times better, then that incident with forrester??? i think it was, all i heard was a loud grumble then a big mass of boo's, i looked up at the big screen but missed it because my idiot m8 dropped his phone on the poor guy in front of us, all 3 of us missed it, waghorn helping him self to a hat trick, miller almost chipping the keeper, few other shots at goal, all in all it was better game from us.

weekend will let us know if the team has the stomach for the fight

8 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

How did Crooks do, seen he got some mins at the end...DM? 

He looks a decent player tbh. Played the right passes, broke up play a couple of times and showed a good burst of pace as well. 

Good confidence booster all round for the team

52 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

This credit where its due tho.. This squad has been hammered. Tonight they proved a point

I am not saying they do not deserve credit, but I just refuse to get carried away with this result because we have been here too often. If we do well on Sunday I will be delighted to say we could be turning a corner and hope we do. 

Certainly 5 goals should be good for team spirit. (tu)

1 hour ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Good result, should have been 6, Waggys 3rd was never offside.

Defence looked fairly solid but QoS never really tested it, keeper was also solid when needed.

Nice to be worrying about the 'one that got away' when we've got five in the bag for a change!?

6 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I am not saying they do not deserve credit, but I just refuse to get carried away with this result because we have been here too often. If we do well on Sunday I will be delighted to say we could be turning a corner and hope we do. 

Certainly 5 goals should be good for team spirit. (tu)

Back to back clean sheets can't have done any harm,either.

That was a shot in the arm and welcome back to scoring form, Waggy.

This is what happens when Rangers score first - QOTS had to come out and we picked them off. With each goal, the confidence increased.

Of course, Pittodrie will be a sterner test, but I am feeling more confident now.

48 minutes ago, ex-guardsman said:

Amazing how Sutton was calling for a red but Boyd was like it was a forwards tackle so could go either way just shows how bitter Sutton the cunt is.

I think Sutton may have put a few like that in, himself.

Of course, they would have been genuine forward's tackles.....

Just now, Shuggy said:

That was a shot in the arm and welcome back to scoring form, Waggy.

This is what happens when Rangers score first - QOTS had to come out and we picked them off. With each goal, the confidence increased.

Of course, Pittodrie will be a sterner test, but I am feeling more confident now.

Said this before. Score early, go all out and get one early - this helps us and should be part of our strategy. 

No one will park the bus then. 

Just now, Bears r us said:

Very true mate. I am just being restrained in my praise tonight, delighted to win but seen it before. 

Sunday is a BIG game for us IMO. (tu)

Yes - much more of a test.

And, without getting too carried away, it was nice to have them back looking like Rangers for an hour.

A better sort of selection headache looms for the boss this week!?

Sometimes I think that the problem is actually Plan B and we should just have stuck to Plan A.

Barton and Kranjcar  really took the zip out of our play and we missed Holt making runs into the 6 yard box. 

I'd stick with 

Gilks

Tavernier Senderos Wilson Walllace

Halliday

Holt               Windass

O'Halloran                       Forrester 

Waghorn

That's bound to be more mobile than the two big names.

Is it just me, or do others think Gilks is a better communicator and organiser than Foderingham? 

Easy for people to say "aye but it was only QOTS!" 

For me, Saturday and now tonight we've looked far more like ourselves. 

Wallace needs dropped for the sheep game in my opinion. Mckay looked more like himself tonight. Wilson and Clint as well (tu)

Onwards and upwards!

43 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Easy for people to say "aye but it was only QOTS!" 

For me, Saturday and now tonight we've looked far more like ourselves. 

Wallace needs dropped for the sheep game in my opinion. Mckay looked more like himself tonight. Wilson and Clint as well (tu)

Onwards and upwards!

We've been taking care of lower league sides in the cup easily all season, obvious that we can't get carried away until the league form gets going

Just now, simplythebest said:

We've been taking care of lower league sides in the cup easily all season, obvious that we can't get carried away until the league form gets going

You're correct. But I felt we're carrying on from what we showed on Saturday. 

I'm ever so hopefuly anyway :lol:

Just now, Supersonic said:

You're correct. But I felt we're carrying on from what we showed on Saturday. 

I'm ever so hopefuly anyway :lol:

Saturday still wasn't good enough ultimately despite the improvement in the second half, with our start to the season we need to start winning a few games draws won't do

Just now, Supersonic said:

Sitting in the copland... still ear rape :lol:

Brutal mate. Singing their own shitty songs that sound like they've been made up by a wean.

That one where they just go "oh oh oh oh Glasgow Rangers" repeatedly is the worst and they seem to stay on that one forever. I had a set of earphones in my jacket pocket and if not for the fact that I'd have looked like a pure tit I'd have stuck some tunes on to drown them out :lol: 

It does appear there is actually a substantial gap between the premier league and championship. I have to admit I scoffed at people who said this last season. I thought outside of Celtic and then maybe Aberdeen and hearts slightly above the rest that the leagues were much of a muchness but it doesn't appear to be the case. I think fitness is telling. Championship teams can't quite maintain the same intensity and when they tire we run amok.  

In my opinion we have to move the ball much quicker in the league. We've been ponderous, teams get into a solid shape and then just let us pass it in front of them. Move the ball sharper and wear them down. Gaps will eventually appear.