All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

2 hours ago, pcbear said:

Half a season out your playing career at his age losing match fitness daily is not a good place to be, if he gets a move in January given the nick he was in when he rolled up here it will be mid Feb before he is anywhere near fit, imo Bartons career at  anywhere near the top is over.

I don't think Barton turned up here in bad shape. 

14 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

I hope we are not paying Barton 20k a week to sit on his arse just because Warburtons ego doesn't allow for criticism.

You, like everyone else on here, don't know the full facts. And MW might be one or two things but an ego?? Really?? Leave the club to sort it out.

Those sighting employment law and saying it makes it very difficult to 'rip up his contract' are 100% right. Unless we can get him on Gross Misconduct and you'd think if there was a clear case for that from the incident at Auchenhowie or the talk sport interview we'd have sacked him already. 

Its unlikely the betting will be enough, unless we can relate it to the same behavioural condition in the contract as some of the other stuff and get him on the 3 strikes- verbal, written and final warning- rule for something like 'bringing the club into disrepute/ negatively impacting its image' or 'improper conduct'. 

The manager clearly doesn't want him back, and if we can't sack him he'll be gone in January.

24 minutes ago, borderbear said:

Its unlikely the betting will be enough,

I'm not so sure. It could be interpreted as a serious breach of SFA rules if he is found/pleads guilty and possibly grounds for terminating his contract. We shall find out after the hearing I suppose. I hope it is. 

Looking at the situation now, reading between the lines, I think Barton doesn't want to give up on his Rangers career but Warburton refuses to have him back because Barton wont apologise to him for his conduct and sees him as a disruptive influence. The club are not in the financial position to get rid so they just keep extending the extension.

This just looks like the most likely truth looking at what's going on and it's very poor show by the club in my opinion. I am starting to think we are not handling this correctly. It looks like the club have not allowed Barton to adjust to being a rangers player instead they've used it as 3 strikes and you're out.

Social media - everyone could easily see what he was like on Twitter etc so it wasn't made clear to him what was and wasn't acceptable, because now he has towed the line. It's not as if he's incapable. 

Lack of respect - you hear about this type of thing happening all the time and players being frozen out. Sometimes they can come back from it though by showing respect and working hard. Something I think Barton would have done.

Gambling charge - did the club make this clear? he's not the only player to have been hit with this and it always seems to be us that gets it.

If it was truly disgusting what Barton done I think he would have been out on his arse weeks ago. So this proves to me that he didn't do anything considered bad.

I'd like to state again this is my opinion nothing more. It feels like people at the club should grow up be honest with each other and move on. Instead they're happy to keep this going and keep the circus tent up.

1 hour ago, borderbear said:

Those sighting employment law and saying it makes it very difficult to 'rip up his contract' are 100% right. Unless we can get him on Gross Misconduct and you'd think if there was a clear case for that from the incident at Auchenhowie or the talk sport interview we'd have sacked him already. 

Its unlikely the betting will be enough, unless we can relate it to the same behavioural condition in the contract as some of the other stuff and get him on the 3 strikes- verbal, written and final warning- rule for something like 'bringing the club into disrepute/ negatively impacting its image' or 'improper conduct'. 

The manager clearly doesn't want him back, and if we can't sack him he'll be gone in January.

He is probably the type of guy who would sit taking a wage just to piss you off if he thinks you are treating him wrong though.

It’s hard to comprehend that this board,  who have been empowered by the fans, have not resolved this

EVERY effort must be made to get fucking results

Having this hang over us will unsettle players, coaching staff/management 

The fans got rid of the crackpots, not an easy thing to do, Ashley has seen off countless attempts from Newcastle fans to dislodge his fat arse

Seriously, the fans come first, not the team, board or Manager

Get it fucking sorted, Barton can go, and,  take a few with him, make room for some players who actually give a fuck to sign up in January   

12 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Cunts like barton know we are desperate and he's saw the opportunity to make out of it and we've fell for it, he was on his way out of the playing side anyways so he doesn't give a fuck about Rangers, just a vehicle to his next opportunity !:sherlock:

He's not going to sell many more books and he could have got more money else where...

3 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

He's not going to sell many more books and he could have got more money else where...

Aye he's a diamond that done us a favour ! Think a'll nominate him for the hall of fame ! Some will probably invite him back as a Legend in a few years time to play in the Legends team and he'll write another book about his 5 appearances for Rangers all for charity of course ! :sherlock:

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

Drown yourself in untruths if it makes you feel better sassaaaa, join the other mugs.

This is the guy who was loved at Burnley by the fans the players and the management so we are lead to believe and is given player of the year too. Then we come along and offer him less money to play for us and he jumps at the chance. Some on here are fuckin deluded.

Just now, The Dude said:

You're right, Barton walked away from the piss poor PL to come to the riches of Scottish football. 

Hes 34 it was all about money , why else would  he leave big bad Burnley where everybody thought he was a superstar ? His love of Rangers ? Wake the fuck up Dude.

5 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

This is the guy who was loved at Burnley by the fans the players and the management so we are lead to believe and is given player of the year too. Then we come along and offer him less money to play for us and he jumps at the chance. Some on here are fuckin deluded.

Ah, I get it, it's a conspiracy. :lol: