All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

It will amount to nothing, to me something must have happened that was went too far for the Manager to take with Barton but we may have to wait for the new book to find out.

If it went too far he'd have been sacked (or at least dealt with by now) Warburton has a soft skin and doesn't handle criticism well. Just look at his presser today. He's "bemused" by people saying we've had a poor start to the league. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Unless the club has demonstrably changed their internal procedures to include betting as a disciplinary offence they won't be able to touch him on it. 

It is a disciplinary offence to break SFA rules on betting. That will most certainly be in players contracts. Ian Black got fined and suspended by the SFA but the club decided not to fire him. Even Black said he was lucky not to be fired at the time. Misconduct like that is likely to have the ultimate sanction of dismissal. Doesn't mean they have to or had to but they probably do have that option. It's not really relevant that they chose not to in Black's case. If the club has the power to do so legally they can and probably will in Barton's case. 

16 minutes ago, Smile said:

Lots of contracts were spoken about last season, is that not why we were took to court. Contracts and details were finding themselves onto various facebooks and sites.

Why do we keep getting caught out paying for our employees to sit in the house.

There's been two really. One was a contractual obligation to serve 12 months notice and the other has been suspended pending a formal disciplinary. 

Just now, The Dude said:

If it went too far he'd have been sacked (or at least dealt with by now) Warburton has a soft skin and doesn't handle criticism well. Just look at his presser today. He's "bemused" by people saying we've had a poor start to the league. 

He has to realise at a club our size he will get roasted by the media and pulled apart by pundits the same happened to Delia when he was here and he won the league.

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Yet if it was a cut and dried as that they would have. Everyone involved cannot be a complete imbecile. There must be more to it that complicated the issue sufficient to warrant this approach.

I believe it's Warburtons aversion to criticism that made a mountain out of a molehill. I've said it from the start and I've seen, read and heard nothing to change that tbh.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

There's been two really. One was a contractual obligation to serve 12 months notice and the other has been suspended pending a formal disciplinary. 

Was there not also something about a 300k payout to Traynor then miraculously Level 5 appeared.

Just now, Smile said:

He has to realise at a club our size he will get roasted by the media and pulled apart by pundits the same happened to Delia when he was here and he won the league.

Tell him. He's the one getting pissy at the slightest criticism. I don't think he'll last much longer tbh. Think the pressure is getting to him and he can't handle it. 

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

I'd hazard that a large number of people decide their opinion on this based on their opinion of the Board rather than the reality of the situation. So this kind of stuff won't make any difference.

It certainly shows that transparency and strong clear leadership underpins the clubs current ethos.

The sort that some cant wait to get all moist in the gusset to support. 

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

You're here to back your arguments.

Or, you know, not to.

Not when your coming the cunt, prove them wrong and i will happily say that.

where did groups like sos get some of their insider knowledge from was it cleaning cookers.

Just now, Misteral said:

Irrelevant, I'm afraid.  

It's really not. The club will have a formal disciplinary policy. If it's not a specific offence it becomes really hard to punish some one for it when you've previously not even investigated two other employees for the same. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Tell him. He's the one getting pissy at the slightest criticism. I don't think he'll last much longer tbh. Think the pressure is getting to him and he can't handle it. 

I thought in an interview before that he looked lost and there is not the same snap in his answers for me Warburton is a decent guy but not good enough to manage Rangers. 

Just now, Smile said:

:lol: 

You make a statement, I ask what you're basing this on (nothing more), you refuse to answer and tell me to go and disprove what you've said rather than the normal etiquette of proving the statement you've made and it's me coming the cunt?

Nae bother.

How can anyone disprove that something like that (a contract dispute being talked about) doesn't exist anyway? Another reason why the onus is on you on this one.

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

where did groups like sos get some of their insider knowledge from was it cleaning cookers.

Knowledge on what contracts or contract disputes?

1 hour ago, Misteral said:

The betting hearing is on 17 November. If found guilty and fined by the SFA the board will probably have grounds to dismiss him immediately for gross industrial misconduct, despite the fact that previous players were not. That's my take on why the suspension is continuing (if it is) and would save us money in the long term. 

Too many knee jerk reactions here; Play him or sack him. If only life were that simple.

For betting on games nowt to do with us? No chance. They may fire him, but it would go to court and he'd win. Also until that time he is free to sing like a canary and that would be even more worrying.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's really not. The club will have a formal disciplinary policy. If it's not a specific offence it becomes really hard to punish some one for it when you've previously not even investigated two other employees for the same. 

The specif offence will breach of SFA rules regarding betting. It's not the club's job to investigate breaches of SFA rules, that's for the SFA to do. The club's job is to decide what to do if a player is found guilty. They decided not to sack Black or Simonsen which is their prerogative. The club will have choices within its disciplinary procedures which will probably include (though I don't know) the power to sack him. I think they are waiting to do so if he's found guilty. 

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

:lol: 

You make a statement, I ask what you're basing this on (nothing more), you refuse to answer and tell me to go and disprove what you've said rather than the normal etiquette of proving the statement you've made and it's me coming the cunt?

Nae bother.

How can anyone disprove that something like that (a contract dispute being talked about) doesn't exist anyway? Another reason why the onus is on you on this one.

As i said look about after a meeting by members of the board with Ashley on the retail deal(contract)  suddenly sos released a statement about the deal and not to purchase strips, did they just pull that from the air.

I'm sure there is many more but as i say you cant help a blind man see when he wants to be a blind man.. Classic smile that.:matron:

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

For betting on games nowt to do with us? No chance. They may fire him, but it would go to court and he'd win. Also until that time he is free to sing like a canary and that would be even more worrying.

Aye, ok Judge Rinder.  Go to court on what grounds? Win for what reasons?