All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

20 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

It's funny as fuck in here.

Watched a boy use his union to rifle our company for 6 months before even his union said for him to be bumped.

He was asked to provide evidence of his claims and he delayed it and delayed it and got 6 months pay and probably another job before walking. That was countless meetings.

It's no just as easy as bumping someone and that's it done. Any employer will need to make sure they're not leaving themselves wide open. 

Should add his was as easy a gross misconduct case you'll ever find and he still took 6 months worth of pay. 

I've mentioned my own employment stuff that's been going on and I can't agree more mate. Folk haven't a fucking clue. You can't just sack someone because you don't fancy them working for you. That's how you get the arse sued off you. I'm a year and 6 days into mines (which started as a gross misconduct against me) and we've only just starting negotiating a payoff after I made a counter claim and won. 

The meeting may simply be to ask Barton what he plans to do, ie do you have any plans for a move, as you are not playing here.

It may be that MW wont take him back as that would be an undermining of his authority. You don't throw 2 years big wages at a guy when there may be other options. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I've mentioned my own employment stuff that's been going on and I can't agree more mate. Folk haven't a fucking clue. You can't just sack someone because you don't fancy them working for you. That's how you get the arse sued off you. I'm a year and 6 days into mines (which started as a gross misconduct against me) and we've only just starting negotiating a payoff after I made a counter claim and won. 

Well done!

Drinks are on The Dude!

The betting hearing is on 17 November. If found guilty and fined by the SFA the board will probably have grounds to dismiss him immediately for gross industrial misconduct, despite the fact that previous players were not. That's my take on why the suspension is continuing (if it is) and would save us money in the long term. 

Too many knee jerk reactions here; Play him or sack him. If only life were that simple.

2 minutes ago, Misteral said:

The betting hearing is on 17 November. If found guilty and fined by the SFA the board will probably have grounds to dismiss him immediately for gross industrial misconduct, despite the fact that previous players were not. That's my take on why the suspension is continuing (if it is) and would save us money in the long term. 

I hope you're right because we must look like a real bunch of idiots by now.

10 minutes ago, jim beam said:

Either sack him or pay him off or get him back training,all this dithering is making us look stupid again.

Exactly, this has been a total fuck up from day one, training ground and dressing room rows happen at every club, it's how they are dealt with that make the difference, unless he's lifted his hands to Warburton, he should be reinstated, we are paying wages to have him sit in the house. 

We are not exactly bursting at the seams with quality players at the minute.

7 minutes ago, Misteral said:

Too many knee jerk reactions here; Play him or sack him. If only life were that simple.

good call.

13 minutes ago, Misteral said:

then barton takes them to court and with the help from the pfa and the legal egals from england he has a great chance of winning with more dosh not being spent on players

they've backed them selfs into a corner with this one

25 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I'd hazard that a large number of people decide their opinion on this based on their opinion of the Board rather than the reality of the situation. So this kind of stuff won't make any difference.

Spot on, just another excuse to bash the board for some, while knowing fuck all about what went on, or what's going on.