All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

1 hour ago, Big Al II said:

Why are people desperate to blame everyone but JB?

Act like a wanker...check

Treat colleagues like shite...check

Disrespect management...check

Dis-obey management instructions not to talk about incident...check

Break SFA rules...check

But the mole is the one people have a problem with...really!

(tu) 

Why are people desperate to blame everyone but JB? 

Act like a wanker...check Probably give you that one.

Treat colleagues like shite... Proof of this one? If the argument with Halliday is your proof, I'm pretty sure an argument usually takes (at least) 2 people.

Disrespect management...check

Dis-obey management instructions not to talk about incident...  He's been told not to talk about it since he was suspended for a further 2 weeks. Is there proof he was told to stay quiet before that? If not then it's hearsay

Break SFA rules... Him and hundreds of other players, it's just being used to fit the agenda against him now.

But the mole is the one people have a problem with...really!

Too many things being passed off as fact when nobody knows if it's true.

He was punished for the way he spoke to Warburton after his argument with Halliday. That's the only fact about his suspension, the rest is pure speculation.

The betting thing is just being used as a stick to beat him with now. If he hadn't been suspended and had been playing well for us then it's guaranteed 99% of the forum would be saying this charge against him is a joke.

1 minute ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Him and hundreds of other players, it's just being used to fit the agenda against him now.

What a pathetic attempt to justify a player breaking quite clear (UK wide) betting rules. I admire you giving him the benefit of the doubt...but that's taking it way too far (tu)

It's like moaning at the traffic cop for not pulling the guy in front of you. It's his fault no one else's.

3 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

What a pathetic attempt to justify a player breaking quite clear (UK wide) betting rules. I admire you giving him the benefit of the doubt...but that's taking it way too far (tu)

It's like moaning at the traffic cop for not pulling the guy in front of you. It's his fault no one else's.

It's a stupid rule and he's stupid for breaking it.

My point still stands though, it's being used as a stick to beat him with because he's not popular with our fans at the moment.

If he wasn't suspended and had been playing well when this charge was brought up everyone would be saying how much of a joke it is.

Instead we have some on here saying it should be grounds for dismissal just because it suits their agenda. Ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

It's a stupid rule and he's stupid for breaking it.

My point still stands though, it's being used as a stick to beat him with because he's not popular with our fans at the moment.

If he wasn't suspended and had been playing well when this charge was brought up everyone would be saying how much of a joke it is.

Instead we have some on here saying it should be grounds for dismissal just because it suits their agenda. Ridiculous.

Hypocritical possibly...ridiculous...not at all.

If it saves the club some money then we should explore all avenues open to us. I suppose you would rather it cost us a couple of million to pay him off.

If I thought for a second JB would return next week; contrite, willing to put the past month behind him, work hard to get back into the team. I'd probably be more than happy to give him that chance.

Do you see him coming back in that frame of mind?

20 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

It's not UK wide.  The English FA only forbid players betting on matches in their own country.  The SFA forbid betting of any kind.  It's a crock of shite.

3 hours ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Was gonna say Paul Murray, but not sure now.

It really irks me that we continue to have a leak. We had it all through the Green/Easedale eras and now the boardroom personnel have changed we still have one. Is it a member of the playing staff? Waldo and McKay have been here the longest and we are all aware that Wallace is a grass (tongue firmly in cheek folks!)

Get this beast to fuck Admin. @gogzy

31 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

If it saves the club some money then we should explore all avenues open to us. I suppose you would rather it cost us a couple of million to pay him off.

If I thought for a second JB would return next week; contrite, willing to put the past month behind him, work hard to get back into the team. I'd probably be more than happy to give him that chance.

Aye because that's exactly what I said isn't it.

He won't be sacked for the betting, not a chance. Ian Black wasn't sacked his his offence was worse so we open ourselves up to all sorts of legal action if we sack Barton for it.

Barton seems keen to come back and fight for the club, at least going by his tweets anyway. And since that's literally all we have to go on at this moment in time then I'm willing to give him a chance to back it up as long as the club are.

30 minutes ago, BF2 said:

It's not UK wide.  The English FA only forbid players betting on matches in their own country.  The SFA forbid betting of any kind.  It's a crock of shite.

Completely irrelevant, he knew the rules as did Black, as did Lafferty, as did the other guy whose name escape me. Unless of course Halliday hacked his Bet365 account and placed the bets.

2 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Aye because that's exactly what I said isn't it.

He won't be sacked for the betting, not a chance. Ian Black wasn't sacked his his offence was worse so we open ourselves up to all sorts of legal action if we sack Barton for it.

Barton seems keen to come back and fight for the club, at least going by his tweets anyway. And since that's literally all we have to go on at this moment in time then I'm willing to give him a chance to back it up as long as the club are.

I would think it's pretty safe to say JB will be less than contrite on his return, regardless of the sound bytes he's feeding the gullible. Once again I've wasted way more time on him than I or my boss would have liked (tu).

3 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I would think it's pretty safe to say JB will be less than contrite on his return, regardless of the sound bytes he's feeding the gullible. Once again I've wasted way more time on him than I or my boss would have liked (tu).

Absolutely nothing to back that up. It's your opinion and nothing more. And apparently whoever doesn't share your opinion is gullible.

I'm surprised your ego allows you to have a boss.

18 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Completely irrelevant, he knew the rules as did Black, as did Lafferty, as did the other guy whose name escape me. Unless of course Halliday hacked his Bet365 account and placed the bets.

The day the SFA and SPFL stop using bookies to sponsor their top 4 leagues and 2 main cup competitions will be the day anyone takes that ridiculous rule seriously.

There's going to need to be some sort of resolution either way, get rid and cut our losses or tell him to fight for a place in the team like every player in the squad has to

Having one of our highest paid players sitting around at home for who knows how long is hardly something we can afford 

3 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

There's going to need to be some sort of resolution either way, get rid and cut our losses or tell him to fight for a place in the team like every player in the squad has to

Having one of our highest paid players sitting around at home for who knows how long is hardly something we can afford 

That's true, but neither can we afford disruption to the squad, especially when there is the possibility that squad harmony is getting better, for whatever reason. It will be interesting to see what is decided either way.

33 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Absolutely nothing to back that up. It's your opinion and nothing more. And apparently whoever doesn't share your opinion is gullible.

I'm surprised your ego allows you to have a boss.

True...I don't have a whole career worth of fights, arguments, dis-agreements to base my opinion on. I often find those jailed for serious assault are the type to put things behind them and move on.

You know what they say when posters start getting personal... :lol:

Unfortunately my mortgage outweighs my ego.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

That's true, but neither can we afford disruption to the squad, especially when there is the possibility that squad harmony is getting better. It will be interesting to see what is decided either way.

I get that but if his personality makes it absolutely impossible for him to return to the squad regardless of footballing reasons then we need to sort something out asap even if it involves a pay off because there's no way we'll find an angle to sack him I'm certain of that 

Just now, simplythebest said:

I get that but if his personality makes it absolutely impossible for him to return to the squad regardless of footballing reasons then we need to sort something out asap even if it involves a pay off because there's no way we'll find an angle to sack him I'm certain of that 

Maybe we will negotiate an amicable settlement. I'd love if he came back and did the business, but I don't read that as happening. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think he will play for us again.

The club would be foolish if they followed what you say,  they could end up charged with constructive dismissal.

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

The club would be foolish if they followed what you say,  they could end up charged with constructive dismissal.

How...what did I say that's foolish...explore all avenues? I never said with absolutely no regards to employment law did I? 

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

Maybe we will negotiate an amicable settlement. I'd love if he came back and did the business, but I don't read that as happening. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think he will play for us again.

I don't see it either I just think we need to be told of some sort of resolution, we can't just keep on giving him suspensions 

Its not that i want him to come back into the line up I just think he should ideally be earning his big wages by training and fighting for a spot in the team 

28 minutes ago, BF2 said:

The day the SFA and SPFL stop using bookies to sponsor their top 4 leagues and 2 main cup competitions will be the day anyone takes that ridiculous rule seriously.

I agree, the rule is there to stop match fixing so ALL association to bookies whether through bets, shares or sponsorship should be stopped.