Over to the board now regarding the Cup Final.

Smile

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same old usual reactionary shite in here.

I assume that the board will have received the decision and supporting documentation yesterday and will be deliberating the content with our legal representatives on what is our best course of action before making any statement.  Surely we want a calm and measured response reflecting our dissatisfaction and what our next move will be?

I'd hope that would include a statement of no confidence in the SFA, citing their inability to provide a safe place of work for Rangers employees and the astonishing omission of that element from their own investigations.  And on that basis, inviting (perhaps) the Health and Safety Executive to provide an independent safety investigation into an incident that put Rangers employees in a high risk situation that the organiser had patently failed to plan for or react to.  I'd be delighted if Rangers commissioned this investigation or lobbied the PFA to do so on their members behalf.  It's entirely possible the SFA have failed in their duty in discharging the pseudo-legal requirements of HSG65 and the statutory duties within the HASAW etc Act 1974 and Management Regulations.

15 hours ago, jimgers said:

I'm a supporter of the current board and believe on the football side, Ibrox refurbishing they are doing a good job. However regards defending the club, it's staff and the supporters they are craven, that's a major disappointment.

Sorry a few daft bits of blue plastic around the stadium is not what's needed.

How about they give the stadium a good bloody clean as Ibrox is as bad as I have ever saw our stadium as it was always in first class condition.  

The board are letting the fans down badly over all this and can't wait to the next shareholders meeting as they need to answer the fact they have not brought in any major investment since they took over and the shares that they drove down are still unlisted and for what?

The investment never came in the amounts we thought and we are playing catch up still yet the board did not think the manager needed more funds 

And as for the board doing something? Withdraw from the Scottish cup for the next 3 years in protest.  Watch the sponsers run to the hills.  

9 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Your personal recollection of events differs from the official version is that what you're saying?  I can't tell you what you did or didn't see or respond to other anecdotal evidence.  If you think this is some sort of conspiracy by the SFA and/or Police then it's up to you to bring the truth to light. 

Don't know about a conspiracy but the official version certainly skips over the facts that hivs fans were allowed to approach the Rangers fans almost eyeball to eyeball,  yelling abuse, gesticulating in a threatening manner and causing alarm among many - young and old especially.

The police did nothing to stop them as they charged forward. I absolutely back the claim that some Rangers supporters ran on to the pitch because they thought the hivs fans were about to come on to our stands. 

The only time the police drew their batons was to attack Rangers fans (I witnessed this happening). When the police did eventually arrive they were all at the Rangers end.

Damage to the boards was obviously due to hivs fans. It's all over YouTube and the Web.  

It's a sham that no one is being held to account for this. The buck stops at the SFA but as they are the ones judging the events they won't be laying the blame at their own doorstep.

The police and newspapers tried their damnedest to lay the blame with us until it was proven that they conspired to lie about the events of that day.

Is the SFA tied up in a conspiracy against us. Circumstantial evidence would say so.

As for our board. They should stand up and make it loud and clear they will back every fan (including those arrested for being on the pitch) to the hilt due to the provocation directed our way. This would show the SFA and the police that we dont trust them. But as they already removed STs from fans who were arrested but not yet proven guilty I don't see much happening on that front. 

12 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Rangers have already made a statement regarding the safety of players and fans.  You want them to make that statement again? 

Saftey is a Police issue and todays statement wasn't about that.  The SFA ruled that the clubs couldn't have done anymore to prevent fans running on to the pitch and committing offences which seems reasonable.  Some took it upon themselves to commit crime and the Police have delt with those individuals as best they can with plenty being arrested.

The reaction to this compared to the Lurgan Bigot being attacked is laughable, Were Celtic held accountable when they rioted after he was jumped at Tynecastle eh no they weren't.  

King and the Board do not seem to know what to do.    Their initial strong protests followed by declarations of needing time to consider the report and then the charges has placed them in a position with most everyone other than perhaps themselves that they have absolutely no idea how to respond appropriately to the acts, omissions, incompetencies and leadership of the SFA.   The prolonged and unjustified silence and inaction are testament to this.   Its not now a matter of taking time to consider fully and to devise a suitable response - this lack of action is coming over as the act of a Board and leadership that just does not know what to do or what to say.  A Board of ostriches too busy preening their own feathers to bother defending the Club, and the traditions of the Club.   The longer the silence, the longer the inaction, the more they create the impression of having no idea whatsoever of how to respond.  Clueless.    It's for them to prove otherwise for their silence is deafening and lack of leadership dispiriting.

There is a league cup semi final due to be played at Hampden is there not?   Hampden as a venue has proven to be an unsafe place for Rangers staff and players as those responsible for the stadium do not take sufficient measures to protect the safety and security of our players.  So why are we agreeing to play a semi at Hampden - should they not at least be asking this sort of question?

Surely by now they have seen for themselves (and read from the Rangers files the accounts of their predecessors), the acts and incompetences of the SFA (among others) in their dealings with Rangers in recent years.   Why has the Board not demanded that Regan to be replaced by someone acceptable to Rangers as being a fair minded CEO who will deal with matters fairly and evenly?

Can the Board now publish its own findings of what happened at the cup final?   Presumably there was an internal security investigation to establish the facts - especially from the Rangers staff and players who were assaulted.   The Board will (or should have) formed a clear understanding of what happened so that it could ensure that all relevant facts were addressed during the SFA reporting process.  Since the SFA intends to do sfa about the events of that day why does the Board not publish its own findings and conclusions?   Let the SFA and media make of it what they will but at least our side of events would be in the public domain and the sham of SFA inaction put in the spotlight?  

56 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

And play where? The English clubs don't want us in their setup so unfortunately that's never going to happen.

They are having a major shake up in the coming years. The board would be crazy not to even contact the EFL and have some discussions. The hatred towards us in this country is getting fucking ridiculous and something needs to change.

2 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

Same old usual reactionary shite in here.

I assume that the board will have received the decision and supporting documentation yesterday and will be deliberating the content with our legal representatives on what is our best course of action before making any statement.  Surely we want a calm and measured response reflecting our dissatisfaction and what our next move will be?

I'd hope that would include a statement of no confidence in the SFA, citing their inability to provide a safe place of work for Rangers employees and the astonishing omission of that element from their own investigations.  And on that basis, inviting (perhaps) the Health and Safety Executive to provide an independent safety investigation into an incident that put Rangers employees in a high risk situation that the organiser had patently failed to plan for or react to.  I'd be delighted if Rangers commissioned this investigation or lobbied the PFA to do so on their members behalf.  It's entirely possible the SFA have failed in their duty in discharging the pseudo-legal requirements of HSG65 and the statutory duties within the HASAW etc Act 1974 and Management Regulations.

:lol: not a fucking prayer the board will do anything like this

19 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

King and the Board do not seem to know what to do.    Their initial strong protests followed by declarations of needing time to consider the report and then the charges has placed them in a position with most everyone other than perhaps themselves that they have absolutely no idea how to respond appropriately to the acts, omissions, incompetencies and leadership of the SFA.   The prolonged and unjustified silence and inaction are testament to this.   Its not now a matter of taking time to consider fully and to devise a suitable response - this lack of action is coming over as the act of a Board and leadership that just does not know what to do or what to say.  A Board of ostriches too busy preening their own feathers to bother defending the Club, and the traditions of the Club.   The longer the silence, the longer the inaction, the more they create the impression of having no idea whatsoever of how to respond.  Clueless.    It's for them to prove otherwise for their silence is deafening and lack of leadership dispiriting.

There is a league cup semi final due to be played at Hampden is there not?   Hampden as a venue has proven to be an unsafe place for Rangers staff and players as those responsible for the stadium do not take sufficient measures to protect the safety and security of our players.  So why are we agreeing to play a semi at Hampden - should they not at least be asking this sort of question?

Surely by now they have seen for themselves (and read from the Rangers files the accounts of their predecessors), the acts and incompetences of the SFA (among others) in their dealings with Rangers in recent years.   Why has the Board not demanded that Regan to be replaced by someone acceptable to Rangers as being a fair minded CEO who will deal with matters fairly and evenly?

Can the Board now publish its own findings of what happened at the cup final?   Presumably there was an internal security investigation to establish the facts - especially from the Rangers staff and players who were assaulted.   The Board will (or should have) formed a clear understanding of what happened so that it could ensure that all relevant facts were addressed during the SFA reporting process.  Since the SFA intends to do sfa about the events of that day why does the Board not publish its own findings and conclusions?   Let the SFA and media make of it what they will but at least our side of events would be in the public domain and the sham of SFA inaction put in the spotlight?  

Like I said earlier in the thread; 

"I assume that the board will have received the decision and supporting documentation yesterday and will be deliberating the content with our legal representatives on what is our best course of action before making any statement.  Surely we want a calm and measured response reflecting our dissatisfaction and what our next move will be?"  

The decision was only arrived at yesterday and I assume we were given the accompanying paperwork yesterday too; I wouldn't want a reactionary, half-cocked statement that hadn't been properly considered and on legally sound ground.

I agree, which is why I also said:

"I'd hope that would include a statement of no confidence in the SFA, citing their inability to provide a safe place of work for Rangers employees and the astonishing omission of that element from their own investigations.  And on that basis, inviting (perhaps) the Health and Safety Executive to provide an independent safety investigation into an incident that put Rangers employees in a high risk situation that the organiser had patently failed to plan for or react to.  I'd be delighted if Rangers commissioned this investigation or lobbied the PFA to do so on their members behalf.  It's entirely possible the SFA have failed in their duty in discharging the pseudo-legal requirements of HSG65 and the statutory duties within the HASAW etc Act 1974 and Management Regulations."

The point of that being, that unless we're truly satisfied that, given that our most recent visit to that venue saw our players, staff and fans put at significant risk of harm, then we need to be assured a thorough investigation has been conducted and lessons learned and put in place for the next visit...otherwise we consider the risk as intolerable and refuse to play.

There's not a chance the board are going to do what we want them to. 

They've escaped having to pay a fine, it's a result as far as they're concerned.

The SFA not having strict enough rules to punish either club is actually hilarious, we could go on and hit a few tarriers next month and the club wouldn't be punished 

30 minutes ago, B1872 said:

They are having a major shake up in the coming years. The board would be crazy not to even contact the EFL and have some discussions. The hatred towards us in this country is getting fucking ridiculous and something needs to change.

They've already discussed the possibility of us being part of this major shakeup and it's been dismissed.

3 hours ago, BF2 said:

Withdrawing the team from the Scottish Cup indefinitely until the SFA has a mass clear out is the only feasible option for me.  The players shouldn't be forced to play in a competition in which it's organisers can't and won't guarantee their safety. 

If Rangers refuse to play the SFA can withdraw the footballing licence altogether. 

1 hour ago, GWR1979 said:

The reaction to this compared to the Lurgan Bigot being attacked is laughable, Were Celtic held accountable when they rioted after he was jumped at Tynecastle eh no they weren't.  

It's two very different situations. 

2 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Don't know about a conspiracy but the official version certainly skips over the facts that hivs fans were allowed to approach the Rangers fans almost eyeball to eyeball,  yelling abuse, gesticulating in a threatening manner and causing alarm among many - young and old especially.

The police did nothing to stop them as they charged forward. I absolutely back the claim that some Rangers supporters ran on to the pitch because they thought the hivs fans were about to come on to our stands. 

The only time the police drew their batons was to attack Rangers fans (I witnessed this happening). When the police did eventually arrive they were all at the Rangers end.

Damage to the boards was obviously due to hivs fans. It's all over YouTube and the Web.  

It's a sham that no one is being held to account for this. The buck stops at the SFA but as they are the ones judging the events they won't be laying the blame at their own doorstep.

The police and newspapers tried their damnedest to lay the blame with us until it was proven that they conspired to lie about the events of that day.

Is the SFA tied up in a conspiracy against us. Circumstantial evidence would say so.

As for our board. They should stand up and make it loud and clear they will back every fan (including those arrested for being on the pitch) to the hilt due to the provocation directed our way. This would show the SFA and the police that we dont trust them. But as they already removed STs from fans who were arrested but not yet proven guilty I don't see much happening on that front. 

You want the Rangers board to back those fans who ran on the pitch and got arrested and to to accuse the SFA and Police of bias?

1 minute ago, BF2 said:

Doesn't every team have to apply to play in the Scottish Cup?

Rangers are obligated to complete their fixtures.  If Rangers start pulling out of fixtures because the board want to score points with the fans then the SFA could take away that license all together.  It's a pointless discussion in any case since Rangers will be competing in the Scottish Cup.

12 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Doesn't every team have to apply to play in the Scottish Cup?

Could be wrong but I think if you want to withdraw from a competition it has to be done before the season actually starts. I think if we were to withdraw now there could be punishment from the SFA.

Only strong words followed up by decisive actions by our club will have anyone sit up and take notice.

Unfortunatly thats never going to happen from the bridge builders, so how do we get our useless board to grow a spine?

How about a "Not a penny more" campaign!!! (cue all the uber staunch Rangers fans Dave King fans, aghast at such a statement)

After the last 4-5 years I'm amazed some have such an appetite to go to war with the SFA and Police.  Some of the suggestions on here would see the club become a circus off the park and I think that's the last thing we need.   I thought this year was about getting back to he football and trying to win the league. 

5 hours ago, left winger said:

While it is bizarre how keen TMB is to equate the actions of hibs and Rangers fans, we did, unfortunately, see a Rangers fan admit, in court last week, to damaging advertising hoardings.

As silly as it sounds, just because he admitted to it in court, doesn't mean hes actually guilty of the crime. 

Plea bargains etc are an easy way out, especially when its maybe a smaller crime, or its hard not to prove your innocence. Better to plead guilty, take the 250 fine with a charge dropped, that go to trial, have another charge and end up with CS.

8 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

You want the Rangers board to back those fans who ran on the pitch and got arrested and to to accuse the SFA and Police of bias?

Sounds like a plan.

Even you must be questioning how on earth a lot more Rangers fans have been arrested than that other lot. I don't care if they were celebrating or not. They did it in a destructive, aggressive and pack like manner. Out of several thousand hivs fans how many have been arrested (10? 20?). Contrast that with the number of bears arrested from the few hundred who reacted to severe provocation. 

I expect that every Rangers fan is given 100% backing. Obviously if there is evidence that someone say, picked up a corner flag and stabbed one of the aids carriers through the eye, then said person might have to relinquish their ST. Innocent until proven guilty, even those that were on the pitch.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

After the last 4-5 years I'm amazed some have such an appetite to go to war with the SFA and Police.  Some of the suggestions on here would see the club become a circus off the park and I think that's the last thing we need.   I thought this year was about getting back to he football and trying to win the league. 

If after the last 4 or 5 years you DONT  have an appetite to go to war with the SFA/Police/Rest of scottish fitbaw, then you are an appeaser.