Lescott

Just now, KWBear said:

Strange little person gherry mhcculloch thrown his toys out the pram on twitter after taking it both barrels off multiple bears. Wee weirdo.

Good report, and welcome to the forum. Stick a couple of pictures on here and tell us a bit about yourself KW.  Always helps to ingratiate yourself, as you know.

Miami eh, get that! Pictures should better be good!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Smile said:

I think if you are happy with the fitness and the injury list players that we seem to brung in that's more your problem than mine. You said Windass had a lot of games at his other club i said maybe it's our training that causing the injury surely you got that.

But why would you think that? Do you watch us train or something? Players can and do get injured in training you know, Seems you just want to have a go at MW and/or the medical staff and are happy to clutch at straws to do so. 

19 minutes ago, Misteral said:

But why would you think that? Do you watch us train or something? Players can and do get injured in training you know, Seems you just want to have a go at MW and/or the medical staff and are happy to clutch at straws to do so. 

(We train well) :power_of_anguish:Not clutching at straws at all we have bought in very unfit over the hill players and even some injured players if we were serious about challenging for the league we would have to adopt a better signing policy.

Why do you think we are struggling now? Let's just pretend everything's rosy and we have signed well and bought in quality maybe someone will buy into that.

30 minutes ago, Misteral said:

Wouldn't worry just another stealth " wheres the 30 million " lets have a go at the board post.Surprised theres not been a " Host " of others jumping out of the usual boardroom pish and having a go at everything to do with the club.

3 hours ago, Smile said:

(We train well) :power_of_anguish:Not clutching at straws at all we have bought in very unfit over the hill players and even some injured players if we were serious about challenging for the league we would have to adopt a better signing policy.

Why do you think we are struggling now? Let's just pretend everything's rosy and we have signed well and bought in quality maybe someone will buy into that.

You're clutching at straws here mate. I've already shown you we signed Windass, Crooks and Rossiter when they were fit and playing games regularly for club and country.

If you're suggesting that Barton was 'unfit or over the hill' you're wrong because he played 40 games last season for his club (look at his history you shouted) so that that doesn't stack up either.

Senderos played 14 games for his last club between Feb and May, so wasn't a fitness liability either.

You're looking for things to bash the manager/board with and none of it is backed up by what's happened on the pitch. Maybe you should check your facts before you castigate our team as being 'very unfit or over the hill players' when they signed.

39 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

You're clutching at straws here mate. I've already shown you we signed Windass, Crooks and Rossiter when they were fit and playing games regularly for club and country.

If you're suggesting that Barton was 'unfit or over the hill' you're wrong because he played 40 games last season for his club (look at his history you shouted) so that that doesn't stack up either.

Senderos played 14 games for his last club between Feb and May, so wasn't a fitness liability either.

You're looking for things to bash the manager/board with and none of it is backed up by what's happened on the pitch. Maybe you should check your facts before you castigate our team as being 'very unfit or over the hill players' when they signed.

You are just looking daft here Senderos and injuries must be for comic effect, he has a career plagued with injuries.  Great these players played for other teams that will help us.

The Manager and Board are being judged by their own inaction what i say matters, not a jot. We have signed unfit over the hill players who are not fit even for this standard of league which is piss poor, Kranjcar when he runs arms move faster than his legs.

Kranjcar Barton Hill Senderos hardly make me think bright future, If Ally had signed them posters would be wanting him sacked.

9 minutes ago, Smile said:

You are just looking daft here Senderos and injuries must be for comic effect, he has a career plagued with injuries.  Great these players played for other teams that will help us.

The Manager and Board are being judged by their own inaction what i say matters, not a jot. We have signed unfit over the hill players who are not fit even for this standard of league which is piss poor, Kranjcar when he runs arms move faster than his legs.

Nope. You are.

You said we signed Crooks, Windass and Rossiter when they were injured. That was a lie, or misrepresentation at best, because they were all fit.

There's potentially others such as Barton, Senderos an Niko which are up for debate, but the bottom line is you're looking to find faults with our players because of an unhealthy obsession with the board and the manager they brought in.

Put your anti Dave King obsession behind and get behind the team for goodness sake man.

16 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

If he did not pass a medical we could simply have told the truth. Why lie about it ?

Rightly or wrongly there is a respect element to consider here...do i know if he failed a medical...no.

Is it possible he failed a medical and we reported it differently out of respect for Lescott...yes i think its a possibility.

10 hours ago, Smile said:

Is it the training that causing the injury, i thought it was self-explanatory.

Maybe he was fucking boiling an egg!  Who knows if it's the training or not, if it was the training then why aren't the rest of the squad out injured they all do basically the same training.  Anything can happen during training sessions as can happen during an actual football match such as banging into another player and coming off worse, slipping and twisting ankle, spraining groin etc.  It doesn't mean that they have a long history of problems and it doesn't mean that the training regime is wrong, it could just be bad luck on the day.

9 hours ago, Pure_Quality said:

Nope. You are.

You said we signed Crooks, Windass and Rossiter when they were injured. That was a lie, or misrepresentation at best, because they were all fit.

There's potentially others such as Barton, Senderos an Niko which are up for debate, but the bottom line is you're looking to find faults with our players because of an unhealthy obsession with the board and the manager they brought in.

Put your anti Dave King obsession behind and get behind the team for goodness sake man.

Crooks was not fit he was playing with an injury, Windass and Rossiter are not fit for us i fail to see why them being fit for other teams make our medical team and scouting the background okay with you.

You claimed Senderos was fit so now you're saying he's not  Barton hill and Kranjcar are not up for debate at all,lol. 

King has little or nothing to do with this topic, you seem obsessed by him.

Windass doesn't have a history of injuries so him being injured right now is just one of those things. Nothing more, nothing less

Crooks, I dont know enough about

Rossiter does have a bit of a history of injuries but he's young and was definitely worth going for.

Lescott is a man nearing the end of his career and any serious injuries at that age, especially in the knees, are a major concern

I also think it's pretty clear our training isn't an issue. Last season we had so few injuries that there were a fair number of comments from bitter rivals about how 'lucky' we were on that front.

this shows us that even if we're not clicking on the park at present we are at least operating to the high standards a club of our size should be in the backroom. Massive vindication to our club Dr and med team here. Well done to whoever revised the contract offer n all. Roond ye every paper and taig who spun shite out of this story. 

On 07/10/2016 at 2:11 PM, Misteral said:

To me it was simple. Lescott failed his medical with us due to iffy knees and him or his people begged Rangers not to contradict the statement that he knocked us back for family reasons. 

I heard he wanted to take injections to play and that was when it broke down. I wish him a speedy recovery.

9 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I heard he wanted to take injections to play and that was when it broke down. I wish him a speedy recovery.

The thing is, I don't actually wish the player any ill will either. Can understand 100% why he'd want to say the move was off because of 'family reasons'. The villain's in all of this are Aston Villa's chairman for his gobby comments and those in the media who tried to use it to portray us in a bad light. In saying that, I also seen the occasional post on here slating us for it, which I found pretty bizarre.

9 minutes ago, SwordandShield said:

The thing is, I don't actually wish the player any ill will either. Can understand 100% why he'd want to say the move was off because of 'family reasons'. The villain's in all of this are Aston Villa's chairman for his gobby comments and those in the media who tried to use it to portray us in a bad light. In saying that, I also seen the occasional post on here slating us for it, which I found pretty bizarre.

Defo and outwith that chairman the usual haters twisted the story to their own agenda which was to down the reputation of our great club ?

2 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Not sure if this was an accident rather than some kind of issue he had with his knee.
If it was the latter then we dodged a bullet and should be commended on not signing the fella.

I'm sure I read from his physio or Doc or someone that said the knee was weak due to an existing issue 

22 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I'm sure I read from his physio or Doc or someone that said the knee was weak due to an existing issue 

Looks like it was a recurring knee problem mate (according to the DR link)
Know we shouldn't believe anything this rhag prints.
In this case we'll take their word for it. 

16 hours ago, folkestoneger said:

If he did not pass a medical we could simply have told the truth. Why lie about it ?

It's not uncommon for clubs to keep it quiet that a player has failed a medical and use another reason for a deal not happening.

It wouldn't be the first time a player has failed a medical at one club and then passed at another. Keeping it quiet saves our medical team from any criticism if this does happen. 

Also, the player still has to have a career elsewhere and by releasing a story that he's failed his medical it could put clubs off signing him. It's better if we use another reason and then let other teams who are interested in him find out about any issues during their own medical process. If they don't find any issues and still sign him then that's on their medical team.

22 hours ago, Smile said:

We haven't seen them enough to know if they are good or bad yet I'd say.

giphy.gif

First game and this was the first thing he done for us. It's a shame he's riddled with Injuries because he would be lethal. For me he and Wes were the only one to get pass marks in the old firm. 

I'd say Rossiter is definitely a strong player, whenever he played he good good comments about him by posters on here and was very persistent on the ball and did a good job controlling the midfield. 

Crooks has played one game but he still looked decent and direct, somewhat like a Taller Windass. 

All three signings have massive potential.