Done with him.

gogzy

11 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Tonight was crying out for a 4-4-2 with garner as a target man and one off his shoulder. After 20 mins it was clear as day. All he does is swap players and never change the tactics. It's seriously like deja but with mccoist now.

Bollocks

MW is trying to play proper football but is too fucking stubborn to realise when its not working and things should be varied a bit

McCoist had no clue whatsoever except lump it up the park to people like Daly.

I know who I would take out of the two if we had the standard of player we had before and it wouldn't be Ally

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

How embarrassing is that Warburton song now, fucking magic hat,  fairy tale stuff... 

I bought into the hype, thought he was the real deal, despite the poor end to last season I thought he would recruit well in the summer and have us ready to compete.  His singing's have been poor, hes tactically naive and his team has no fight :disappointment:

Actually gutted the way this season has turned out and Warburton's stubborn refusal or inability to change things and get the best out his players. It's time for him to swallow his pride and admit the job is too big.  We need an experienced adaptable manager who sets his teams up to exploit our opponents weaknesses . Not this same trudged shite every match no matter the opposition. We need plan A, B, C, and fucking D.

The honeymoon period was always going to end but Warburton's seemed incapable of responding to that

11 hours ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

Fuck all they have our season ticket money.

You think the guys who have been putting in their own millions in loans just wanted your season ticket money?

It may not be going anywhere near as well as we hoped but some of the comments are becoming an embarrassment

I know it's not a popular opinion but I would ask McLeish to do it until the end of the season.

He wants a job in England so he puts himself back on the radar down there, we get a manager who knows how to manage Rangers and we give the board the time to step back, do their homework and make a proper list of candidates to approach with a view to taking over in the Summer.

I know how his first spell ended here but teams usually improve in the short term when he takes over and I truly believe that the experience he's gained since leaving us will have made him a better manager too.

I genuinely think a deal until the end of the season would suit all parties perfectly.

3 hours ago, folkestoneger said:

You think the guys who have been putting in their own millions in loans just wanted your season ticket money?

It may not be going anywhere near as well as we hoped but some of the comments are becoming an embarrassment

Really???Dont see the promised investment or am I just missing it?Embarrasment should be the way the whole squad are feeling!

An extract from Warburton's post-match interview (see Rangers Website for the full transcript).  He explained: “I’m frustrated. We didn’t play anywhere near the level we wanted to play at, and we knew they would press and be very well organised.

The thing is we are treated to this sort of comment after a lot of games this season where points have been dropped.   Remember for example the comment after the 5-1 OF game where he admitted that a quick transformation was needed.   Still waiting.

What does this repeat messaging from Warburton indicate?   To me it indicates that he can spot the problems same as we can, he can analyse the problems (probably better than we can) but he sure does not have the leadership skill set to instil in the team the means by which the problems are fixed and the means to create and take match winning opportunities.   Put differently, he can analyse but he does not demonstrate anywhere near enough leadership quality to create winning solutions in the team.     Evidence this season (and for that matter the latter part of last season) suggests he does not have what it will take to create a title winning side, nor indeed to finish a strong second this season or to win European football for next season.  

Being asked to be patient is one thing when the work of the manager and team is translated into performances and results that we can see are moving at good pace to close the gap with the other lot.   We'd take encouragement from that.   Its a very different ask in relation to patience when the evidence in front of us all too often is lack of progress and indeed regression with players who do not look ready, who look lost in trying to work out what to do, and who don't seem to believe in what Warburton wants them to do.  Being patient week after week when that is unfolding in front of us is quite a burden to bear......and not one we should have to bear imo.

5 minutes ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

Really???Dont see the promised investment or am I just missing it?Embarrasment should be the way the whole squad are feeling!

The "investment" has been to keep the club operating.

You do realise we have lost £11 Million in the past two years alone?

Where do you think that money came from?

Nobody is happy with the way things are going but we have to accept that until the Ashley situation is sorted out we are seriously short of cash from merchandising. Add that to no European football for years and it adds up to a serious shortfall.

I would love some rich types to throw money at us to solve it all but it ain't happening anytime soon.\

I found Kenny Miller's post match interview quite revealing. He said something to the effect the manager asks the players to find solutions to their onfield problems. Perhaps that's one of the big problems right now. Clearly these players are not good enough to do that.  They appear to me to be a group waiting to be told the solution. The manager should be adapting and instructing them. Too stubborn, too predictable and he is being out coached in nearly every game. 

4 minutes ago, Bluenose88 said:

I found Kenny Miller's post match interview quite revealing. He said something to the effect the manager asks the players to find solutions to their onfield problems. Perhaps that's one of the big problems right now. Clearly these players are not good enough to do that.  They appear to me to be a group waiting to be told the solution. The manager should be adapting and instructing them. Too stubborn, too predictable and he is being out coached in nearly every game. 

That confirms Warburton is fucking clueless. 

There's a difference from how you want to play, to what you're capable of playing.  We're capable of bang average performances with the odd 15/20 minutes here or there.

The players are just not good enough to play his methods very well.  

A different style??  Still have my doubts.

I was someone who was willing to give him time, but now my patience has run out. 

I'm not saying I want him to go now, but there HAS to be some improvement and he has to show he's learning how to manage Rangers in the top division in Scotland. Albeit if he fancied walking now I wouldn't be the slightest bit concerned. 

The Barcelona reference a lot of folk are using makes perfect sense. We're not fucking Barcelona, so if we have to switch it up on a winters Wednesday night at Tynecastle to get a result then that's what we have to do. He seems to be managing us like we are Barcelona, and everyone is capable of dancing to his genius tune. Time and time again it has been shown that is not the case. 

Putting a team out last night to grind out a draw would have been far better than the timid lambs to the slaughter he served up. 

6 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Aye your right, he only had the last 16 of the cl to get in the way that year, 

Under Warburton we'll be lucky to make last 16 of Scottish cup

So? If you're seriously blaming the CL for us finishing third that year then you might McLeish's BP9. 

1 hour ago, the goal machine said:

So? If you're seriously blaming the CL for us finishing third that year then you might McLeish's BP9. 

no im kinda highlighting that while mcleish did indeed fail to finish 2nd that year, he also had some major MAJOR successes in his time at ibrox,

cup double
treble
fuck all
league and cup double
champions league last 16

Not bad for 4 and a half years at the club with massive financial constraints and the big spending tarriers at that time

Mcleish isnt the long term answer, but short term he'd do a job and tbh we need short term now given the off field is running on short term

32 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

no im kinda highlighting that while mcleish did indeed fail to finish 2nd that year, he also had some major MAJOR successes in his time at ibrox,

cup double
treble
fuck all
league and cup double
champions league last 16

Not bad for 4 and a half years at the club with massive financial constraints and the big spending tarriers at that time

Mcleish isnt the long term answer, but short term he'd do a job and tbh we need short term now given the off field is running on short term

Of course he achieved some good things while at the club but we are in no way guaranteed second if we hire him as you said because he couldn't guarantee that in the past with a better squad. That's all I'm saying.

11 hours ago, Bluenose88 said:

That's where a PROPER team style comes into play.

NOT some nebulous 'philosophy', with rotations and whatever else.

Your structure is what gets you through on those days when most players are 6 out of 10.

You may not be right 'on it', but you have your shape, you know where your out ball is, then the system takes care of the rest.

You start tinkering with that, by rotation, whatever & the whole lot goes to pot.

You have playing staff like Barca & some of the above comes true.

At our level, structure is everything.

You can see how uncomfortable many of them are with what they're being asked to do.