AlCapone

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

They did take in £17m but last year our operating expenses were £25m and they will have increased this year. So that is quite a big hole to plug. That £25m doesn't include any capital spend (such as the £600k committed funds) or the £3m spent on player acquisitions.

For the money spent I would have expected us to be comfortably second.

They did say they had money Pre Emg and were going to back the team even if they had to front end all the money they never mentioned taking on more and more debt. they also sold tickets with slogans like going for 55 and the like which after they got the money in was found to be another lie.

4 hours ago, port_bear said:

The Hearts team that played us off the park on Wednesday night was made up of "freebies" and a handful of youth players and its the same with Aberdeen, their most expensive signing is recent years was £250k for McLean from St Mirren.  So your logic that we need vast amounts of money to topple Aberdeen and Hearts is a complete nonsense.

With the money Warburton has spent thus far we should be comfortably sitting in 2nd and games against the likes of Hamilton, Dundee, Partick and Ross County etc (no disrespect) are games we should be winning easily.  All we have heard from him is that recruitment is paramount and yet when you look at the signings he has made none of them seem capable (for whatever reason) of making the step up to the Premiership.

King was never going to invest the sums of money he suggested he would and anyone who believed he would needs to start living in the real world.  The blueprint was set out, invest in youth and bring in cheap players who we could develop and possibly sell on for profit at a later date.

Trouble is Warburton hasn't been able to develop these players and in some cases some players have actually gone backwards.

Wages don't guarantee success end of..  it takes a special kind of player to make the cut at Rangers, they have to have double the desire of the opposition to grind out the wins. 

Wages wont get us that.

we need winners and winners don't play for accy Stanley or mk dons

6 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Most would now be happier with a completely unknown spanish boy from tenerife -  he ticks all the boxes

• doesnt come from Bentford - tick
  • Macparland/MW  doesn't know then - tick
  • foreign - tick

Beggers belief

I disagree completely and understand the other point of view even if I haven't voiced the same one.

If we get someone like you suggest it means we may be getting someone that is a hidden gem, however if we are getting a known player it generally means he wont be that great. Simply because a team with higher wage budget in a better league would have offered him the chance before us or he would be successful at this moment and time and not reachable by us.

If we get a player whom is known it generally means he won't be that good given our current state.

Too old, bad proffessional, injury prone, doesn't give a shit, poor mentality - take your pick.

If we bring a known player to our club he will have some kind of large negative which means no one else will touch him and give the player all the money he wants.

8 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I disagree completely and understand the other point of view even if I haven't voiced the same one.

If we get someone like you suggest it means we may be getting someone that is a hidden gem, however if we are getting a known player it generally means he wont be that great. Simply because a team with higher wage budget in a better league would have offered him the chance before us or he would be successful at this moment and time and not reachable by us.

If we get a player whom is known it generally means he won't be that good given our current state.

Too old, bad proffessional, injury prone, doesn't give a shit, poor mentality - take your pick.

If we bring a known player to our club he will have some kind of large negative which means no one else will touch him and give the player all the money he wants.

the "known" I am talking about is whether MW/FM know the player through contacts or working with them - not if he is generally known in sporting circles. 

The point of my post is that now people are criticising players BECAUSE MW/FM know them. Which is obviously ridiculous.

Just now, cushynumber said:

the "known" I am talking about is whether MW/FM know the player though contacts or working whim them - not if he is generally known in sporting circles. 

The point of my post is that now people are criticising players BECAUSE MW/FM know them. Which is obviously ridiculous.

Ah, ok mate - if that's the case then that is rediculous.

Sorry about that.

'Tis the season of stalking horses.   Some come equipped with bells, antlers and megaphones to announce their availability.   Clever beasts too with their agents egging them on.  Make noises in one direction, look with one eye in a different direction, and in the opposite direction with the other eye......court all clubs that might be willing to pay them the required dosh.....seeminly favour one then at the last minute change of mind and sign for a different club.

Its a great game the players and the prospective importing clubs play.    Keeps the punters curiosity on the boil and provides an interesting diversion to an otherwise unpromising season.

Will watch the charade unfold and will be interested to see who actually arrives through the door at Ibrox........and who departs.

17 hours ago, AlCapone said:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14941751.Mark_Warburton__Rangers_closing_in_on__quot_outstanding_quot__overseas_midfielder_ahead_of_January_transfer_window/

MARK Warburton, the Rangers manager, last night revealed he is trying to bring in an "outstanding pedigree" midfielder on loan during the January transfer window who he believes will “excite the fans”.

The Englishman, whose team was knocked off second spot in the Ladbrokes Premiership with their 2-0 defeat to Hearts at Tynecastle on Wednesday night, is missing several players in that area.

Niko Kranjcar, Jordan Rossiter and Josh Windass are all out injured at the moment while Joey Barton left the Ibrox club last month.

Biggest load of crap warburtons came out with yet. 

A comment like that To deflect attention from a terrible performance 2 days ago.

warburtons a shyster, but should still get till the summer as i dont see the point in getting shot of a manager during a season unless its relegation.

39 minutes ago, gersandy said:

A comment like that To deflect attention from a terrible performance 2 days ago.

warburtons a shyster, but should still get till the summer as i dont see the point in getting shot of a manager during a season unless its relegation.

Absolutely pathetic announcement. Treating us with utter contempt to take the heat away from his own very exposed erse. Much like king I may add. Must think he can treat us like wanes as he does his players, thinking we are sitting in contemplation giving it oh goody. Fucking joke, as we all know he will be a second rate has been.

1 hour ago, gersandy said:

I can agree on your opinion of his comment, reeks a bit of desperation 

In an alternative universe in a galaxy far, far away.....

MARK Warburton, the soon to be ex-Rangers manager, last night revealed he is definitely NOT trying to bring in an "outstanding pedigree" midfielder on loan during the January transfer window who he believes will “excite the fans”.

The Englishman, whose team was knocked off second spot in the Ladbrokes Premiership with their 2-0 defeat to Hearts at Tynecastle on Wednesday night, is missing several players in that area - but has said there is absolutely no way he will try to rectify the situation, in any way shape or form - and definitely wont be trying to sign better players.

Niko Kranjcar, Jordan Rossiter and Josh Windass are all out injured at the moment while Joey Barton left the Ibrox club last month. With this in mind Warburton has said he has given up.

In a quote to the Herald Warburton said "why bother? whats the point? if either myself or Frank (Rangers chief scout) are involved in any transfer, then its fucked from the get go. The fans dont want anyone with pedigree, or someone who will excite them - they have made that plain".

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

In an alternative universe in a galaxy far, far away.....

MARK Warburton, the soon to be ex-Rangers manager, last night revealed he is definitely NOT trying to bring in an "outstanding pedigree" midfielder on loan during the January transfer window who he believes will “excite the fans”.

The Englishman, whose team was knocked off second spot in the Ladbrokes Premiership with their 2-0 defeat to Hearts at Tynecastle on Wednesday night, is missing several players in that area - but has said there is absolutely no way he will try to rectify the situation, in any way shape or form - and definitely wont be trying to sign better players.

Niko Kranjcar, Jordan Rossiter and Josh Windass are all out injured at the moment while Joey Barton left the Ibrox club last month. With this in mind Warburton has said he has given up.

In a quote to the Herald Warburton said "why bother? whats the point? if either myself or Frank (Rangers chief scout) are involved in any transfer, then its fucked from the get go. The fans dont want anyone with pedigree, or someone who will excite them - they have made that plain".

Remember at one time we were all complaining we had too many Midfielders till Warburton shelled out on injured and unfit players and one with an attitude problem that took first place to his football career.

57 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Absolutely pathetic announcement. Treating us with utter contempt to take the heat away from his own very exposed erse. Much like king I may add. Must think he can treat us like wanes as he does his players, thinking we are sitting in contemplation giving it oh goody. Fucking joke, as we all know he will be a second rate has been.

Read it and thought this was very Lawwell like behaviour trying to deflect away like that. 

I,m not saying the views on here are representative of the support as a whole but it seems to me that the majority (on here at least) have lost faith in the judgement of Warburton and McParland when it comes to new signings. I must admit that I was confident initially about their decisions due to McParland's reputation but I now find myself asking why, if McParland is so highly thought of, he's not employed by a high profile club down south where he could earn a lot more than we can afford.  I agree with those on here who do not trust Warburton to spend our diddy wee budget wisely.

3 minutes ago, Grundy said:

I,m not saying the views on here are representative of the support as a whole but it seems to me that the majority (on here at least) have lost faith in the judgement of Warburton and McParland when it comes to new signings. I must admit that I was confident initially about their decisions due to McParland's reputation but I now find myself asking why, if McParland is so highly thought of, he's not employed by a high profile club down south where he could earn a lot more than we can afford.  I agree with those on here who do not trust Warburton to spend our diddy wee budget wisely.

so, if you dont work for a high profile team down south, you are by definition, shite?