JG is a warrior

Gaz52

His work ethic is beyond question,  and he does win his fair share of balls launched at him.  But he is quite often isolated,  and his shooting/close control  is crap. So either we support him more to get some benefit from his work,  or he sticks away some chances,  or I just don't see how he has a future. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched Diego Costa today who is world class and he was brilliant today

Joe Garner in a worst team didnt do bad apart from scoring he put himself just the same  and was a menace apart from hitting the net gave 100% .

We need a focal point and he showed today he can do it ,we need another striker alongside that feeds off him in a 4.4.2

12 minutes ago, jamess said:

His work ethic is beyond question,  and he does win his fair share of balls launched at him.  But he is quite often isolated,  and his shooting/close control  is crap. So either we support him more to get some benefit from his work,  or he sticks away some chances,  or I just don't see how he has a future. 

Chap, how can you watch that game today and conclude that ^

Perhaps I am just a bit joyfully pished but I thought Garners performance today was genuinely outstanding - my take was he will get better and better.

16 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Has he shagged your missus?

If you ignore a stunning pass for a goal, umpteen balls won and laid off, a great personal work ethic and team player, and some great close control and spreading of play then yeah, I'm sure you can do as well as he has.

Wankfest jizz and fuck? You sound subliminally kind of interested in more than his style of play

He tried but he fuckin missed. 

4 minutes ago, markem said:

Chap, how can you watch that game today and conclude that ^

Perhaps I am just a bit joyfully pished but I thought Garners performance today was genuinely outstanding - my take was he will get better and better.

I agree he put in a good display,  but we are not scoring many goals,  and unless something changes, I don't see his inclusion in the team changing that.  If you look up the thread I thing quite a few agree.  No question about his fight.

25 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Has he shagged your missus?

If you ignore a stunning pass for a goal, umpteen balls won and laid off, a great personal work ethic and team player, and some great close control and spreading of play then yeah, I'm sure you can do as well as he has.

Wankfest jizz and fuck? You sound subliminally kind of interested in more than his style of play

:541: - how anyone could miss that today is beyond me

Just now, jamess said:

I agree he put in a good display,  but we are not scoring many goals,  and unless something changes, I don't see his inclusion in the team changing that.  If you look up the thread I thing quite a few agree.  No question about his fight.

You are calling it as you see it buddy I get that - I honestly thought he was the best player on the park today by some distance.  

If.we had 11 players playing with the attitude that Garner shows then we'd be doing much better than we are. Maybe lacks the skill but for attitude alone deserves plaudits as others haven't even shown that recently. Agree with others, would work much better with a strike partner 

4 minutes ago, markem said:

You are calling it as you see it buddy I get that - I honestly thought he was the best player on the park today by some distance.  

I thought he might have got the MOTM,  but a phrase I keep coming back to with our play and some players - end product?  It would be good if his effort was more connected with goals.  I do hope I am wrong.

2 minutes ago, jamess said:

I thought he might have got the MOTM,  but a phrase I keep coming back to with our play and some players - end product?  It would be good if his effort was more connected with goals.  I do hope I am wrong.

He didnt score today but was my motm.

Miller scored but that aside was shite. Garner set up Miller's goal.

Goals aren't everything otherwise on Saturday Miller would be selected before Garner. Should he be?

Perhaps if some of the other lazy cunts put in the effort that Garner does, and set him up the way he sets up others, then maybe then we'd see him getting on the scoresheet more.

Hard to be the guy that creates the forward play, knocks it up to himself, heads it down and chases down the lay off, and then scores. Because unless I'm missing others doing it for him then that's what some folk seem to expect of him whilst the likes of Miller gets off the hook easy.

10 minutes ago, jamess said:

For me buddy end product today was the win and 3 points and Garner set the tone for the the entire team who to a man fought like fuck for every ball - we from a position of low confidence and being buried went toe to toe with a physically bigger team than us and we won the battle.  Garner after a week of criticism showed the ability and character to step up and deliver.

On 03/12/2016 at 2:43 PM, dalton said:

Watched Diego Costa today who is world class and he was brilliant today

Joe Garner in a worst team didnt do bad apart from scoring he put himself just the same  and was a menace apart from hitting the net gave 100% .

We need a focal point and he showed today he can do it ,we need another striker alongside that feeds off him in a 4.4.2

I agree and I'd like to see Garner/Dodoo in that front two role.  

Said it before and will say it again, in case Nae cunt is listening, reminds me of Jimmy Millar and needs his own Ralph Brand.

Millar / Brand, Glasgow Rangers legends

17 minutes ago, Briton said:

I thought he had a decent enough game but wasn't an assist, let alone a 'great assist'. It was a poor pass deflected into Miller's path.  

???

There was no deflection.

It was a superb, deliberate, inch perfect cross.

"Poor pass" ffs.

Give me 11 Joe Garner's every week, love his never say die attitude, he lets the centre halfs know they are in a game.

And I love the way he gets up early and for a little guy he wins more than he loses.

Would love to see Doodo through the centre with him thou instead of just one, Doodo is quick and would relish any knock ons from Garner 

I think the guy ticks the boxes for us. Someone with heart and fire to lead the line is exactly what we need. He has ability too and I'm sure goals will come. Someone needs to stay close to support him though, not sure who, probably Miller as it means less running for him and he is more experienced working with a partner up front.

On Saturday, December 03, 2016 at 10:40 PM, jamess said:

Spot on m8. Was buzzing after the game & didn't want to be critical but couldn't understand the MOTM comments about JG. Everyone else on the bus raving about him, phone-in callers raving about him. Yes his effort is good most of the time, but if you want effort allied to a bit of skill & know-how, I think you'd be better with somebody like Forrester upfront. Sincerely hope he proves me wrong but, as so many people said to me on Saturday night, "it's all about opinions."

3 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

???

There was no deflection.

It was a superb, deliberate, inch perfect cross.

"Poor pass" ffs.

To be fair, i thought it had took a deflection from where i sit in the club deck.

But after seeing the replays, what i thought was a deflection was a bounce.

Great ball in from JG. 

Love the way he flys into everything, 110% effort, if he's going to get hurt then he's going to get hurt. Won us multiple headers, won free kicks up the park giving us opportunities to put the ball into the box. My kind of player. Just needs to find his shooting boots.