Halliday yesterday

bluenose_n1

Just thought he deserves a mention as I thought he was superb,looked sharp,read everything and even after getting booked put himself into tackles 

also thought the whole team was the same and I believe that they feed off the fans yesterday 

if we do our part then the players give that extra 10% which makes the difference 

Just goes to show how subjective football is. I thought he and O'Halloran were comfortably the worst players on the park. Gave the ball away and put us right under pressure far too often, usual lack of discipline positionally; and worst of all for all he flexes his muscles and roars at the crowd a lot or likes to stare down opponents and act like a hardman, he loses individual battles every week. 

He's flat out not good enough. 

Still pretty poor in my opinion. He's simply not good enough to play centre midfield for Rangers. Agree with one of the posts above. For someone that displays so much aggression outwardly and in his interaction with the crowd, why is he outmuscled and knocked off the ball in 90% of challenges he's involved in? 

Nothing to do with being a "Halliday hater" and nothing to do with his background. He's just a very average footballer. 

If he's to have a career with us longer term then I'd suggests less posturing and more self improvement. 

9 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Just goes to show how subjective football is. I thought he and O'Halloran were comfortably the worst players on the park. Gave the ball away and put us right under pressure far too often, usual lack of discipline positionally; and worst of all for all he flexes his muscles and roars at the crowd a lot or likes to stare down opponents and act like a hardman, he loses individual battles every week. 

He's flat out not good enough. 

No harm to the boy, but LBH, he is nowhere near the quality we need to make a challenge in this league. He is of course not alone in that. Many are makeshift until we can afford the quality needed to put the scum in their place, which means they might be around for sometime to come if king persists in hanging around.

39 minutes ago, BF2 said:

I remember a time when a die hard Rangers fan playing for Rangers was seen as a good thing.

It's obviously not a bad thing but the relevance can be over stated and there's no doubt it allows the players in question more leeway with many if they aren't performing 

Halliday did well yesterday but the criticisms of him have been justified and as it stands i'd still have him as the one out the team if/when a new midfielder arrives 

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

It's obviously not a bad thing but the relevance can be over stated and there's no doubt it allows the players in question more leeway with many if they aren't performing 

Halliday did well yesterday but the criticisms of him have been justified and as it stands i'd still have him as the one out the team if/when a new midfielder arrives 

He certainly shouldn't be above criticism and his performances of late have been poor (like the majority of the squad), but the seethe shown towards him from some on here is baffling at times.

He speaks of his love for Rangers because he is asked about it regularly. He shouldn't be singled out for criticism when a lot of other players are just as bad.