***The Official Merry Christmas Thread**

ElBufalo20

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christmas is magic.

I remember as a wee boy of 8 or 9 in the late sixties trudging along the PRW with my Dad and Uncle to a Rangers Hibs game around the 25th December, might even have been on the day itself, football was played on Christmas day back then.

in the remains of the slush and snow, and with the rain drizzling down. Sodden trousers and jackets. My blue, red and white tammy and scarf, knitted by my gran, were being proudly worn and displayed. 

I was still excited about Santa, and the presents. But I had cold feet, numb hands, cold nose, bursts of misty cold air as I breathed in and out expectantly. The cloudy sky made everything look grey and bleak. But I was happy,  I was with my Dad and Uncle, and I felt a foot taller than I actually was, cause like them I was a proper Rangers fan.

And when we got to the corner of Edmiston Drive the magic and belief of something that was to prove much more substantial than Santa  would re-appear, the red  facade of the building half a mile away beckoned. There was the castle of my dreams, Ibrox Park. 

And all  the people in front of me were cold and grey on days like that, all wrapped up in big coats and bunnets, but they were part of the magic too, cause once inside the park they could explode in to an ecstatic sea of red, white and blue whenever that wee ball went in to the right goal.

For me in those days the magic of Christmas and the magic of football were intertwined. 

Now I look at Santa with slightly cynical eyes, the magic gone to a degree; but when my thoughts return to football the Rangers football club and the fans remain constant and the magic is enhanced by the experience of the years shared with the club and fans.

Best wishes at Christmas to all fans of Rangers FC and their loved ones, and to all fans of the beautiful game. I am privileged to belong to both those families. Have a magical Christmas all you Bears.:rangers:

Santa been and gone. Not looking forward to dinner with her in laws ... (Bead  rattlers) told them I will be running late as I am watching G the Queens speech... bet you that went down like a bottle of old spice for your main Xmas pressie. Fuck them. Food and white wine. . Do my bit and head with the wee man.  . 

Hope santa good to you all and maybe he is good to Joe garner snd get him a pair of shooting boots. 

Have a good days everyone. Watp no surrender