garner

Basrah Bear

22 minutes ago, MaestroNiko said:

Bradshaw would have fit our style more and was cheaper but of course Warbs went for Garner

Hopefully the goals come soon otherwise he will be booted which is a shame because you cant not like him as a person, just as a footballer hes very limited.

Bradshaw was never going to come and play up here.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, jackrfc95 said:

He's still our best option upfront. 

don't agree perhapsd doodoo would do better pr one of the young team

1 minute ago, jackunion said:

Be interesting to find out What sort of formation he played at Preston ? 4-4-2 or 4-3-3.

i think there's a player in there but as stated he's wasted in our formation. 

It's almost become unfashionable overnight to play a 4-4-2 these days

Positional play is irrelevant. Everyone can spot s good player out of position. Garner is pish no is or buts

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The sort of player who'd be better in a front two.

When playing a front three, your number nine needs to score goals..

Probably the fairest post regarding the guy I've read.

I really like Garner, but he needs to bury that header today and other chances like it that come his way.

1 minute ago, Mr Soprano said:

Probably the fairest post regarding the guy I've read.

I really like Garner, but he needs to bury that header today and other chances like it that come his way.

He's a second striker.

The type who'd score 12-15 goals a season but his partner should be scoring 25-30..

Just now, Basrah Bear said:

You are correct sir but not about him, about the wankfest that's Garner

I agree with most that Garner has to start scoring pretty soon however, the 3 games before today I thought he done ok and offered something different. It's not as if we have another striker sitting there that's made a decent case to start upfront. I think Miller is our top scorer with 4.

17 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He's a second striker.

The type who'd score 12-15 goals a season but his partner should be scoring 25-30..

Would have to disagree with this part.  He's shown previously, albeit in a different league, that he's capable of scoring 20 odd goals a season.

They hype has came from the Aberdeen and Hearts games at home when the whole team and management were under pressure and the supporters were looking for a big performance

He probably delivered it most with his effort and desire in those two games and timing would have it that for me, after all the shit this season,they were the 2 most important games of our season as we were struggling to cement 2nd place, even 3rd

So timing really, had we lost both games I think it wouldn't be like it is now but the fact we won and he put in the best effort and display is the only reason I can think of

Today the players just looked like they were wanting to get away for Christmas dinner, was annoying as fuck, Garner also played shite and at the same time didn't put in as much as he has the past few games

Still got a lot to do but needs to start banging them in but also needs the service too

3 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Your opinion and you're entitled to it.

I disagree.

this is not about scoring points. Our opinions differ.  I don't think he's good enough for Glasgow Rangers. Nothing he has done yet will make my mind differ.

Merry Christmas to you.

2 hours ago, Pearson83 said:

Cult hero status for what 3 goals? Strange how fans mostly young ones now start all these songs for guys as if they are some crazy hard man. 

Almost as if younger supporters are trying to shape the present for themselves and create their own heroes, rather than those of their fathers and grandfathers..... 

I reckon Garner would have been a decent squad player in the great teams of old. A backup striker for the main front two. He would appear not to be good enough to be the main man in our team who's going to get us the goals we need. 

47 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Almost as if younger supporters are trying to shape the present for themselves and create their own heroes, rather than those of their fathers and grandfathers..... 

I reckon Garner would have been a decent squad player in the great teams of old. A backup striker for the main front two. He would appear not to be good enough to be the main man in our team who's going to get us the goals we need. 

That's what's hard for me to take kids today thinking players like that are heroes but they don't have anybody else so i am just a moody old fart. 

Yeh he would be squad player in teams of old tbh he could come good if we had players who could cross a ball or pick him out better

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I've said my piece on him previously. Don't get the hype and he's another that's been shot upto cult hero stardom for reasons unknown to me.

Very limited footballer. 

Big and strong but that's about it. 

Missed the game today but I'm yet to see much either.

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I've said my piece on him previously. Don't get the hype and he's another that's been shot upto cult hero stardom for reasons unknown to me.

Very limited footballer. 

Big and strong but that's about it. 

He's 5'10'' - doesn't really qualify as big....