Halliday is our worst player

Gallows high

7 hours ago, WGOH said:

He plays like he's scared of getting injured 

With the treatment our players get it wouldn't surprise me. His first game for us and his first touch of the ball 

giphy.gif

How do they get him off it? Tackle the fuck out of him. 

Don't blame him, you shouldn't be getting injured in football unless it's something you can't avoid like a pulled muscle or that. Reckless tackles (which are fucking rampant in Scottish football) aren't needed and it does knock a players confidence to an extent.

"I could make this run but I run the risk of getting my ankle broken", that's not a thought any player should have. 

8 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

If he was a rangers fan he'd fuck off tbh, surely he must realise how bad he is

He likely does and likely beats himself up for it, tries his hardest to improve but in that he stresses himself out and fucks up. 

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Kiernan.

Since about October, Tavernier's being making himself a shout.

Tavernier really struggled I actually thought him and Waghorn would make the step up no problem, it doesn't seem to be the case.

9 minutes ago, Smile said:

Tavernier really struggled I actually thought him and Waghorn would make the step up no problem, it doesn't seem to be the case.

Tavernier actually looked good at defending at the start of the season, completely different story now though.

35 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Kiernan.

Since about October, Tavernier's being making himself a shout.

Tavs just went too shit really, he doesn't put in effort at all. 

Bar two mistakes I'd say Kiernan is a solid defender. Disagree all you like, he does have good qualities too his play. 

That mistake vs St J was his worse performance in a long time. Him having Hill next to him has improved him a good bit 

Tavernier puts the whole defence under so much pressure, we really dont have any shape we we lose the ball, its school boy stuff watching from a tv screen, how do they not see this in data analyst? halliday is and will NEVER be a ball winning defensive midfielder, unless warburton changes this then we will be lucky to scrape for 2nd place, hard facts. Tavernier is first to go im hope, shoe horning him into the team is going to cost warburton pressure he could do without. 

1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

With the treatment our players get it wouldn't surprise me. His first game for us and his first touch of the ball 

giphy.gif

How do they get him off it? Tackle the fuck out of him. 

Don't blame him, you shouldn't be getting injured in football unless it's something you can't avoid like a pulled muscle or that. Reckless tackles (which are fucking rampant in Scottish football) aren't needed and it does knock a players confidence to an extent.

"I could make this run but I run the risk of getting my ankle broken", that's not a thought any player should have. 

He likely does and likely beats himself up for it, tries his hardest to improve but in that he stresses himself out and fucks up. 

Tell me one injury he's had which has been caused by a tackle? The boys a shitebag 

6 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Bar two mistakes I'd say Kiernan is a solid defender. Disagree all you like, he does have good qualities too his play. 

That mistake vs St J was his worse performance in a long time. Him having Hill next to him has improved him a good bit 

Still never feel confident, Aberdeen and Hearts were the only two games were I thought he was good.

14 hours ago, WGOH said:

He plays like he's scared of getting injured 

The majority of the team are like that.  McKay is the worst for it.  I can't remember the last time I saw anyone putting in a solid tackle in a 50/50.

6 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Tavernier puts the whole defence under so much pressure, we really dont have any shape we we lose the ball, its school boy stuff watching from a tv screen, how do they not see this in data analyst? halliday is and will NEVER be a ball winning defensive midfielder, unless warburton changes this then we will be lucky to scrape for 2nd place, hard facts. Tavernier is first to go im hope, shoe horning him into the team is going to cost warburton pressure he could do without. 

:headscratch:

6 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Just two mistakes?

Theres a lot of competition but Keirnan is woeful. One of the worst centre halfs Ive seen. Can't head a ball, can't pass a ball and gets bullied and turned far too easily for his size. 

Hill, Miller, Foderingham and Mackay (in flashes) are just managing to keep us challenging for second and no more.

just hope to fuck Toral and Hyndeman can inject some creativity into our play

Any ranger fan who had a opportunity  would love to put Lego muncher on his his fuckin back  I can't get my head round how Haliday  lets Brown boss him like a fuckin puppet he doesn't even attempt to challenge or make it  a contest 

comments on here are   defending him that he's  playing out of position we are talking about commitment and graft not ability.

7 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Tavernier actually looked good at defending at the start of the season, completely different story now though.

He got tore apart in the cup game at Fir Park, but after that for a couple of months he improved the defensive side of his game considerably. Then like the flick of a switch a Tynecastle he has reverted back to last seasons defender

• 3 weeks later...