Wtf do you expect?

Deanzmeanzheinz

Just now, ben51 said:

A few of them are shite, but if King/Warburton are content with the shite..

Yeah, I mean investment is always good, but my abiding feeling right now is that MW isn't doing the best with what he does get.

Personally, I'd say it's more than a few. I'd categorise Waghorn, Forrester, Holt, Halliday, Wilson, Kiernan as shades of shite, with a few others not far off.

That's not to say I dislike them. Halliday is a Bear, and whilst some give him more leeway because of it, too many are more vicious than they normally would be because he's a Bear. He's doing his best, he's just bad. He'll go back to being a good Bear again when he's left us. Most of the rest try, they just aren't very good by Rangers standards.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

A meltdown over a friendly against a top Bundesliga team. 

The usual players getting dogs abuse. But why are expectations so high? It's obvious the team is full of mediocrity. Its nowhere good enough. If you hadnt worked it out after this game and the Sellick game then youre deluded or plain blind.

I read reactions like sbitebags, lazy, hiding, imposter. Its none of this. They do try but they're nowhere good enough - its that simple. Instead of ripping into Halliday for example why dont you point your arrows at the £30m saviour who really does hide.

Thats where our problems start and end - its that simple. 

It's the same mistakes regardless of Quality, I agree King and this board have hid when the going got tough.

For me what the commentator said during the game about RB sums up the basic thing. His point was that the RB players cover every single blade of grass and press and there is no room for passengers. Compare that with the basic effort and want that is lacking in our team at present. Fans would be slightly happier if we could see real effort and togetherness in the side sadly that is distinctly lacking and is a base concern.

Ben makes a good point (made the same myself the other day) that the only two people that matter is King and Warburton ... Kings a liar who won't invest and Warburton has came out publically and said he's no issues with it and is happy to not spending 

between the two of them I'm honestly gutted because nothing is going to change 

the two of them will hold us back years - similar to McCoist and the previous lots (for all they were scum they backed him financially- you can't say otherwise) 

Mind APOEL qualifying for Champs League. Dundalk qualifying for Champs League. Denmark and Greece winning the Euros. Us getting to Manchester. Inferior teams upsetting the odds because they were well organised and able and willing to compete. No one expected us to win today but every single Rangers fan should have expected us to at least try, maybe get more than 1 or 2 shots on goal and at least put up a fight and compete. We didn't. Todays result is irrelevant maybe, for some, i don't like losing anything to anyone, but the performance was exactly the same shite that has been served up since half way through Warburtons first season in charge. toothless, clueless and ultimately dreadful. 

Wtf do i expect? Paid professionals to be able to do the basics of a simple sport properly and to give 100% effort for the 10000 fans who made the trip half way across a continent to support their team. A manager to be able to do his job efficiently would also be nice. 

Not too much to ask i don't think.

When you think like a second rate club from the boardroom to the manager and players it's hardly surprising where we are as a club.

The board are wallowing in kicking out the last lot of charlatans only to prove themselves only marginally better.

The manager for me still hasn't grasped what being a Rangers manager is where failure is an option as long as the possession stats are good and keeps faith with players who have proven time and time again that they're not up to the job.

The players on the whole are not Rangers standard however this season and last we've seen too many occasions that the smallest of setbacks leads to them giving in and losing or drawing games they should have won.

I don't think a change of manager at this stage of this season would make things a lot better although he clearly needs to improve but those running the club have to do something quickly in terms of turning round the club's finances or years of stagnation lie ahead for a club with an outstanding fan base who deserve a hell of a lot more given their commitment and support.

I expect players who pick up wages to at least be able to do the basics. That's the least I expect but as a rangers fans I can never expect us to get shown up by any team ... living in the real world or not ! We don't have a winning mentality on the pitch now it seems fans are adopting that mentality too. 

Today was a good trip for the fans nothing more, We are a poor side playing in  a backwater league full of free transfers and loan players today was a sad example of how far our standard has dropped and it's really hard to take, We may get into the Europa but we might not even make the league stage. 

1 hour ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

A meltdown over a friendly against a top Bundesliga team. 

The usual players getting dogs abuse. But why are expectations so high? It's obvious the team is full of mediocrity. Its nowhere good enough. If you hadnt worked it out after this game and the Sellick game then youre deluded or plain blind.

I read reactions like sbitebags, lazy, hiding, imposter. Its none of this. They do try but they're nowhere good enough - its that simple. Instead of ripping into Halliday for example why dont you point your arrows at the £30m saviour who really does hide.

Thats where our problems start and end - its that simple. 

You may be right about the lack of investment but would you really be ok with giving warburton say £7-8 million to spend. Going by his track record, I wouldn't. 

I know this won't be popular but MW deserves 7-8 million to try and make a team no matter what as our manager he deserves that at least and if it doesn't work next season then get rid. He should've been given this at the start of this season. Our board have taken the cunt big time and we won't ever compete with this type of team, we couldn't compete with teams on the continent when we were spending ridiculous money. 

It was a weird friendly to play a team flying high in the bundesliga, suppose the fixture was arranged at the start of the season, anyway I know we've not met expectations so far this season but this is the money side of the season and I'll judge players after every competitive game from  the next Motherwell game until the last game. If we fail to make second then Warbs and most of the pleyers he signed should fuck off.

51 minutes ago, Smile said:

Is there a reason we looked to be blowing out our arse ten or fifteen minutes in we may not have the quality of player but we do have the facilities to make us just as fit and work as hard as the teams we face.

I've been wondering if Auchenhowie is simply a luxury we can't afford, in our current circumstances.

I'm sure we could have brought on just as many players that we've sold on for decent money, without this monument.

Anybody know how much it costs us to run?

We all know that the players we have aren't as good as what we are used to but I at least expect the 11 on the park to give their all and not pull out tackles. Fed up watching players like McKay, Windass & Holt shit themselves when it comes to a 50/50. If their not willing to give 100% then don't start play them until they are.

I also wonder how we have went so far backwards from last year. If you look to August to February where we were playing fast flowing one touch football, thats practically the same team that is playing now and has been for the last 12 months and the manager can't manage to lift the team to get back to that

I almost expected a result like this based on our performances so far this season.  Aside from the experience for the players I'm sure it was about brand exposure and reputation - rubbing noses with the clubs we want to be playing alongside. 

I can see why we did it.

1 hour ago, BF2 said:

I expect highly paid professional footballers to be able to string 2 passes together.

Thats why some people play for Barca and some Rangers and some Albion rovers.

The more money your on the better the players usually.

25 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

I know this won't be popular but MW deserves 7-8 million to try and make a team no matter what as our manager he deserves that at least and if it doesn't work next season then get rid. He should've been given this at the start of this season. Our board have taken the cunt big time and we won't ever compete with this type of team, we couldn't compete with teams on the continent when we were spending ridiculous money. 

He deserves nothing.

He's had over a year to sort out the defence. Instead he signed Hill, Senderos, gave new contracts to Tav & RK.

He needed a new midfield, he gave Halliday & Holt a new contract then signed another 6 midfielders, followed by another 2 just coming in on loan. 8 midfielders to replace 2 he signed and deemed good enough to extend their deals. What kind of planning is that?

The forward line all struggle to score. His 2 money signings in MOH who rarely plays and Garner who has more yellows than goals. Dodoo gets on for 20mins here and there despite MW continually saying young players need to play games to develop.

Give him £7-8m? :confused:

He'd sign another 4 midfielders, and promising youths that can't get a game.

12 minutes ago, chris182 said:

I almost expected a result like this based on our performances so far this season.  Aside the experience for the players I'm sure it was about brand exposure and reputation - rubbing noses with the clubs we want to be playing alongside. 

I can see why we did it.

It could be we are changing our name to Red Bull Rangers.

One of the biggest problems is that for professional footballers they should be able to pass the ball 10 yards easily, some of the passing today was fucken horrendous , we are also very lightweight throughout the team, take Waggy for example, probably one of our strongest players in terms of build and strength etc and he was bullied off the ball by a 20 year old .