Wtf do you expect?

Deanzmeanzheinz

4 minutes ago, MasterD said:

He deserves nothing.

He's had over a year to sort out the defence. Instead he signed Hill, Senderos, gave new contracts to Tav & RK.

He needed a new midfield, he gave Halliday & Holt a new contract then signed another 6 midfielders, followed by another 2 just coming in on loan. 8 midfielders to replace 2 he signed and deemed good enough to extend their deals. What kind of planning is that?

The forward line all struggle to score. His 2 money signings in MOH who rarely plays and Garner who has more yellows than goals. Dodoo gets on for 20mins here and there despite MW continually saying young players need to play games to develop.

Give him £7-8m? :confused:

He'd sign another 4 midfielders, and promising youths that can't get a game.

Wow, that reads bad.

He needs hunted.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, BlueboyG said:

One of the biggest problems is that for professional footballers they should be able to pass the ball 10 yards easily, some of the passing today was fucken horrendous , we are also very lightweight throughout the team, take Waggy for example, probably one of our strongest players in terms of build and strength etc and he was bullied off the ball by a 20 year old .

I agree we have a lot of lightwieght - particulalry in midfield, but Waghorns instance was just one - he is typically the guy doing the bullying - and in fact done it to one of the liepzig players when he come on in the middle of the park - and did you see the size of the 20 year old you are talking about? fuck sake he was massive.

8 minutes ago, MasterD said:

He deserves nothing.

He's had over a year to sort out the defence. Instead he signed Hill, Senderos, gave new contracts to Tav & RK.

He needed a new midfield, he gave Halliday & Holt a new contract then signed another 6 midfielders, followed by another 2 just coming in on loan. 8 midfielders to replace 2 he signed and deemed good enough to extend their deals. What kind of planning is that?

The forward line all struggle to score. His 2 money signings in MOH who rarely plays and Garner who has more yellows than goals. Dodoo gets on for 20mins here and there despite MW continually saying young players need to play games to develop.

That's horrendous yet absolutely spot on mate. :thumbup:  Anyone contemplating giving him another penny really needs to have their drugs confiscated. 

on this point actually I remember Gary Macallister talking about that when he was doing punditry - he was talking about how hard it is physically against some of these guys - he s mentioned about when he came up against Patrick Viera - an extremely good player - but also  that you might not see it on the telly but the guy is 6 Feet 4.

We have all these wee frail looking guys in midfield....

3 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Naw, they must train well, be capable of learning - fuck passing the baw; ability.

What I have noticed is our players think they have more time on the ball than they have, not only today, but how many times do we play the ball out from defence get to midfield and the ball is caught under a players feet and they panic, either hoofing it or getting robbed and counter attacked, especially  this season which is a step up from last year and we get punished.

We don't have one player that can control the pace of a game, a Barry ferguson type.

It's sad times at the minute but we will rise again we always do.

4 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

What I have noticed is our players think they have more time on the ball than they have, not only today, but how many times do we play the ball out from defence get to midfield and the ball is caught under a players feet and they panic, either hoofing it or getting robbed and counter attacked, especially  this season which is a step up from last year and we get punished.

We don't have one player that can control the pace of a game, a Barry ferguson type.

It's sad times at the minute but we will rise again we always do.

It is in our DNA, not in our management, our players or our board - but we'll set the standard that they'll need to perform to. No doubt about that.

5 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

on this point actually I remember Gary Macallister talking about that when he was doing punditry - he was talking about how hard it is physically against some of these guys - he s mentioned about when he came up against Patrick Viera - an extremely good player - but also  that you might not see it on the telly but the guy is 6 Feet 4.

We have all these wee frail looking guys in midfield....

Totally agree 

I know some people scoff when you talk about being physical but you need it to succeed 

you can't just be physical without the footballing talent - got to make that clear but if you look at top teams - Chelsea, Man City, Barcelona and the majority of German teams especially they are strong and take second balls let alone tackles with ease as well as being comfortable and assured 

hell even watch a Europa league game and a lot of the teams even play this way - we are stuck with our philosophy. Biggest myth going is that Warburton has an ethos and tries to play the game the right way - that's bullshit - we are lightweight with zero tempo who can't do the basics. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Totally agree 

I know some people scoff when you talk about being physical but you need it to succeed 

you can't just be physical without the footballing talent - got to make that clear but if you look at top teams - Chelsea, Man City, Barcelona and the majority of German teams especially they are strong and take second balls let alone tackles with ease as well as being comfortable and assured 

hell even watch a Europa league game and a lot of the teams even play this way - we are stuck with our philosophy. Biggest myth going is that Warburton has an ethos and tries to play the game the right way - that's bullshit - we are lightweight with zero tempo who can't do the basics. 

in fairness Barca are probably the exception to the rule - but you can only play like Barca when you have players like Messi, Suarez, Ineista etc. Anybody else that tries it comes a cropper. Arsenal being the obvious example.

They are Barca "lite" - and win nothing.

The most successful managers always concentrate on getting the back four drilled cohesive in picking up players knowing who and where to mark the very fundamentals of a  half decent defence

Every week the same old mistakes of ball watching or not picking up a forward these errors that we see every week should at least be eradicated even by the quality of players we have.

1 minute ago, loyal said:

The most successful managers always concentrate on getting the back four drilled cohesive in picking up players knowing who and where to mark the very fundamentals of a  half decent defence

Every week the same old mistakes of ball watching or not picking up a forward these errors that we see every week should at least be eradicated even by the quality of players we have.

we need to learn to defend as a team when the other team has the ball. Playing against a team like Liepzig can be good for that - as having your back to the wall can teach you lessons. Unfortunately apart from the taigs we dont really have to defend in scotland.

I think this is where international football can help players - particularly if you play for a team like scotland as the national team has almost no option but to go out with a defensive line up and keep it tight. So you get it drilled into you.

Thats how you learn. Not by going out playing the same attacking style and then wondering why you get beat 4 nil.

43 minutes ago, MasterD said:

He deserves nothing.

That's a grim read I do admit that however I was quite impressed with toral and hyndman and if we can get players of the same  quality in positions at the back and up top then we won't be far away. We need rid of a lot of players as well I would say, tav senderos Halliday waghorn kiernan holt moh. I would start trying to get rid of these players right now and get rid of the rest in the summer then start afresh with hopefully European football to offer some players we could get better to ibrox . We never had that to offer when we were signing all they ones we have up to now. I've said it before MW underestimated this league and offered these players who did well last year new contracts thinking that it wasn't so much of a step up and they would be fine, but we are a massive support with not a lot of patience and won't accept rubbish and rightly so but I genuinely think that if we can get rid of they players I said earlier in the post I don't think he would make the same mistake of signing players that are inferior to our club. Maybe I'm just being to loyal and really want it to work for him but I want it to work here and I know most fans did but are fed up now but if he managed to talk good players into our club for next season then maybe he could get all the people who've had enough to get behind him again.  I like all youse want what's best for Rangers and I wouldn't accept another season like this but I can't help but think he should get next season with a better squad to show us what he can do. 

We are angry because we care, we want to be back to where we were sooner rather than later.

We gifted them goals and couldn't convert our chances at the other end: same story 

Slack passing: same story

Lightweight in midfield and torturously slow at the back: same story

These are not new grumbles from the fans

We are annoyed as we are not Learning....Although we are assured we are learning all the time.

Anyone can see Tav isn't as good St defending as Hodson so drop him, anyone can see Wilson is not a left back so don't play him there, anyone can see Haliday can't play as a CDM. Holt can't play in a three when no one else presses.

Waghorn is lost, Miller is done although will score some if played in a two.

We moan because we care.

We see simple fixes that apparently our management don't 

28 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

in fairness Barca are probably the exception to the rule - but you can only play like Barca when you have players like Messi, Suarez, Ineista etc. Anybody else that tries it comes a cropper. Arsenal being the obvious example.

They are Barca "lite" - and win nothing.

People under-estimate how physical and good in the tackle/second ball Barca are tho that's my point 

Just now, cushynumber said:

Hodson is better than Tav at defending, but he is not the answer at right back either.

He is miles better than Tav at RB so he is the answer for now. Tav needs dropped he started the season amazing but now looks like he doesn't give a fuck.

2 hours ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Score line not the problem, it was the performance. We had literally nothing in the game, nothing. Agreed that mob are clearly a good side, but I don't think it's too much to ask we at least have small spells of possession and a few decent attacks or shots on goal. 

Fans done the club proud, only positive of today

they are the 2nd best team in Germany ? get a fkn grip! were lucky to be 2nd best in scotland and were not even that yet :no: