1. 1. Induct Kenny Miller into the Rangers Hall of Fame

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Willis said:

Imo that's a good way of looking at it, Gascoignes a weird one as hes arguably the best player I've ever seen play for us but he was only here 3 years, but on the other hand he was only at Tottenham, NUFC and Lazio for short spells. Do they consider Gazza a legend too? And if so then how many clubs can you be considered a legend at considering how short a career it is.

I do agree that Rangers being their "main" Club should play a part.

I also don't think players should be inducted till long after they've retired once time has passed and you can look back at their time once their out of the picture so to speak.

I'm 27 and id probably consider Gazza a legend but I reckon some older Bears won't.  The fact that legend worthy players have been few and far between recently maybe makes me look at some players with tinted glasses.

I don't consider Novo a legend really,  don't think one or two important goals make you a legend, I also lived abroad during most of his time at Ibrox so only saw him play in the flesh a few times.  I'd class him as a Rangers Great or a hero or whatever you want to call the level below "legend" and that's where Miller goes too imo. 

We all know who the real legends are, the likes of Greig,  McCoist, Cooper, Jock Wallace.  These men are a level above most Gers that are called legends no need to water down the hall of fame.

Also no catholics

I'm a bit biased as I'm probably the only one here who hated Rangers signing the man-child. I think you can be a legendary player though but not qualify for Hall of Fame status.  I also wouldn't let bigotry play a part in any decision; doesn't matter to me what flavour mumbo-jumbo a player happened to be born in to/ indoctrinated in.  

Times have changed since the days when people would rhyme of teams from different decades, the game has changed and nowadays  players tend to move on rather than stay with one club for their entire career and for that reason I think there's a case for adding players who only played for the club for 3 or 4 seasons. Davie Weir being an example of this.I thought he was outstanding at the heart of the defence and played a big part in what was a very successful period for the club.

The aim is for the list to include all players that have appeared in 100 or more first-team (league, Scottish Cup, Scottish League Cup, Scottish Challenge Cup or European competition) matches for the club. Other players may also be included where they are regarded as having played a significant role for the club (e.g. players involved in the 1971–72 Cup Winners' Cup campaign or have been named club captain),

4 hours ago, Briton said:

The likes of Gray, Miekleljohn, Greig, Jardine, Morton.  A dozen is just off of the top of my head and perhaps a bit low but there should be a high bar and not only based on the quality of the player.  No place for the likes of Butcher or Gascoigne for example.  Rangers is not the main club of their career for starters and I don't think either was here long enough.  

I counted about 80 that have credentials to be there, but I agree there are plenty that should not I think the problem is with the criteria that's in place to become a Hall of Fame inductee; for example, Jim Forrest who scored 145 goals in 163 appearances from 1962-1967 is not there while Ray Wilkins who only played 96 games from 1987-1989 is an inductee, which to me is fucking ludicrous.

Personally for me a yes. But guessing majority of fans still not happy with him. The guy saves us on several occasions and we can't even sing a song to praise him yet Windass Garner Dodoo Forrester etc do for some reason. If he's not inducted then he should at least be getting the support from the stands

4 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Personally for me a yes. But guessing majority of fans still not happy with him. The guy saves us on several occasions and we can't even sing a song to praise him yet Windass Garner Dodoo Forrester etc do for some reason. If he's not inducted then he should at least be getting the support from the stands

Did have one actually.

2 hours ago, rab wilson said:

Not even a question.won me over years ago.everything a Rangers player should be.i love kenny. Him and Lee Wallace  . Think without them we would be a fuckin mess.

No Surrender

Rab

Nice to see you again Rab. Especially when you're agreeing with me! :cheers:

Just now, LegendofCoop said:

Nice to see you again Rab. Especially when you're agreeing with me! :cheers:

How's it going brother?  I look at Wallace and Miller  and see Rangers.I dread to think where we would be without th9se 2. You can see what it means to both of them. They could be me and you playing for that jersey. The very identity that has carried our club for over 1 and a half centuries.there have been better more accomplished players, but when I see Lee Wallace  leading our team out, my heart burns with pride.think those 2 are totally irreplaceable and that in itself is a worry.garner was signed because of his similarity to Kenny., but he won't get close.knowing Lee Wallace is our captain fills me with pride.when you think that jig was leading us out less than 3 years ago and counts like albioin rovers fancied it at ibrox.these 2 have given us our pride back.proper Rangers.

No Surrender

Rab

14 hours ago, Willis said:

Also Briton, I've heard Miller refer to us as Glasgow Rangers which rules him out as a legend for you obviously

Not really.  Even some supporters don't/didn't know the name of the club they follow, isn't that right Willis?

10 hours ago, Ozblue said:

I counted about 80 that have credentials to be there, but I agree there are plenty that should not I think the problem is with the criteria that's in place to become a Hall of Fame inductee; for example, Jim Forrest who scored 145 goals in 163 appearances from 1962-1967 is not there while Ray Wilkins who only played 96 games from 1987-1989 is an inductee, which to me is fucking ludicrous.

I agree; Wilkins is the perfect example of a player who shouldn't be close to such an honour.  

15 hours ago, rab wilson said:

How's it going brother?  I look at Wallace and Miller  and see Rangers.I dread to think where we would be without th9se 2. You can see what it means to both of them. They could be me and you playing for that jersey. The very identity that has carried our club for over 1 and a half centuries.there have been better more accomplished players, but when I see Lee Wallace  leading our team out, my heart burns with pride.think those 2 are totally irreplaceable and that in itself is a worry.garner was signed because of his similarity to Kenny., but he won't get close.knowing Lee Wallace is our captain fills me with pride.when you think that jig was leading us out less than 3 years ago and counts like albioin rovers fancied it at ibrox.these 2 have given us our pride back.proper Rangers.

No Surrender

Rab

Doing fine bud, yourself?

Couldn't agree more mate. The way those two have conducted themselves on and off the pitch for us are exemplary. At Kenny's age, it would have been easy to let himself go, not look after himself properly and sit back and take a wage. However,m he's knuckled down good and proper and kept himself fit and injury free. Not afraid of good old fashioned hard work. As you say, The Rangers Way!