WilliamFyfe

Kenny Miller - Rangers Hall of Fame?  

291 members have voted

1. 1. Induct Kenny Miller into the Rangers Hall of Fame

• Yes
    • No

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

OK then Broadfoot, Kevin Thomson, Papac, Boyd, Davis next in

I get what your saying but Broadfoot and Thomson didn't rack up the same number of appearances nor medals. Nor did they play consistently as well in their positions as Weir did in his. Other players actually played better around Weir. He was brilliant at reading the game and organising the defence.

You've got to remember hall of fame isn't just on ability. It's on goals, appearances, trophies won, international caps.

Obviously defenders aren't included based on their goals but Weir qualifies on all other criteria if you ask me.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

That's funny me and my mates were discussing all this after last weeks game. 

Firstly kenny - yes, I think he deserves it. We sold him first time out. He didn't ask to leave the club, he was traded. Ok, he joined them and that thumper celebration still sticks in my craw. But of course Alfie Conn is in it so to deny him for that reason is wrong. 

Secondly, the additions since Barry Ferguson was last on it are all virtually embarrassing. One guy I would love to see on it from the last 10-15 years is Ronald de Boer - now that was a player! 

Finally, for me anyway, Lee Wallace is a must. He was and is the torch bearer for our great club through all these last 4-5 years. He has had sticky times in those years but giving the clusterfuck that went on in and around our club you can understand that. He possesses that great virtue that many real Rangers legends in the past portrayed - LOYALTY - while every rhat deserted the ship Lee was first into training that first day back in season 2012/13 and vowed never to leave and he could have several times. He sacrificed his international career for us - there is no doubt about that. In short, he put our great club before himself. That alone makes him Hall of Fame material. 

:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Bluebear11 said:

I would take Ally out of it. Still has those penny shares and was a horrible manager for us

Penny shares has nothing to do with anything..  he never paid a penny per share. They were awarded to him by big haunds. Fair enough use his managerial ability against him but this is ridiculous and nothing can take away his 350 odd goals for us-  nothing!!

9 hours ago, Torontoblue76 said:

103 goals for the club. 10 against them. 9 this term so far. Three spells with the club. Talks himself about wanting a coaching role when he hangs up his boots. Really? Less of a legend than McPayPacket?...

I no longer have any liking or respect for McCoist but to compare Millers record to his is ludicrous.

Not for me.

I like the whole 'hall of fame' thing but it should be saved for absolute legends of the club and legendary status gets flung about far to loosely these days. If it means no one is is inducted for years and years then so be it - makes it even more special.

Having some of the players mentioned in this thread devalues it IMO.

And a legend of the club is not just about what they do on the pitch, it should be about how they conduct themselves and represent our club 24 hours a day.

11 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Our hall of fame is a fucking nonsense.

All of the people mentioned in the OP shouldn't be in it. I couldn't care less that Novo scored that penalty, it was a penalty shoot out and it was his go. 

And what a go it was. 

So much pressure was on him for that, hero or zero in one most significant games in our history and he did it. 

I'm happy he's in there.

(Kenny's and Lee Wallace are heroes of our more recent times, when the going wasn't so easy for the team and fans, and they have contributed most on the field to our re-instatement at the top level, so they get in the Hall Of Fame too. Problem now is how long till we see others with potential to achieve that accolade)

Kenny's a great pro -- but also a bit of a mercenary football-wise.  It's a no from me, but I have 100% respect for the guy for his work ethic, intelligence for the game and so on.

Standards have certainly slipped --imho of course :tu: