Lee Wallace

KeyserSoze

I've never trusted the guy since he fell asleep in the dying minutes in a qualification game and they scored, putting us out of Europe just prior to admin.  The money from a good run in Europe could have made all the difference, we'll never really know now, but for me it typifies the way he loses focus and concentration which is the worst thing a defender can do.

He's got a lot of attributes and is one of the better players in the squad but that doesn't make him a good player which is a sign of how poor our squad actually is.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, bluchoo said:

Most over rated  in our history? Load of rubbish

Whats being the Rangers captain got to do with being the best player in that position in Scotland?

Dont think anyone mentions him alongside those players.

So waste of a post really

If you are the captain of Rangers, quite frankly, you need to be the best player in your position in the country.

He regularly gets called a legend, therefore, he is mentioned alongside other legends such as those I have mentioned.

5 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

If you are the captain of Rangers, quite frankly, you need to be the best player in your position in the country.

He regularly gets called a legend, therefore, he is mentioned alongside other legends such as those I have mentioned.

Mculloch? Moore? Bocenegra? Gavin Rae?

Think the legend banner was more about him being with us through the leagues...never heard anyone mention him in the playing sence

7 minutes ago, bluchoo said:

Mculloch? Moore? Bocenegra? Gavin Rae?

Think the legend banner was more about him being with us through the leagues...never heard anyone mention him in the playing sence

McCulloch was exceptional circumstances. Moore captained the club for just over a year, hardly a lengthy spell. Bocanegra captained the club for 7 games, enough said. Rae captained the club for 13 days.

As far as I'm concerned the notion you can be a Rangers legend due to "loyalty" is ridiculous.

Bang average player who can't defend and who's final ball nine out of ten times is pish. Never a Rangers captain.We have dropped Tav,Kiernan,Wilson,Hill perhaps it's time the manager had a look at the obvious. Outlived his " stuck by us tag " a long time ago.

It's Warburton Philosophy is to have the left and right back bombing up the the park every time we get the ball

I often thought how can you defend properly   and have a clear state of mind and  good decision making if your blowing out your arse the whole game.

maybe too implement  Warburton's philosophy he would be better off going  up Glasgow athletic club replacing Wallace  and Tavernier with fuckin  x-country runners 

Just remember loyalty doesn't win games. Wallace has been poor defensively and tav gets stick when we concede from his side, so wallace is fair game. Maybe of Warburton and wallace was to concentrate on wallace's defending instead of attack and restrict his runs forward we might reduce the crosses in from his side 

Should not be captain as nowhere near the type of character needed for this role.Defence wise has been caught out again and again.Its possible to argue it's because of the system we TRY to play but I don't feel this is the case.He gets drawn out of position very easily and doesn't track his man.Cant even say his tackling is up to much either..In a perfect world he would be a squad player at best.As things stand he is our first choice left back.Sad state of affairs doesn't even begin to cover it.

19 hours ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Most overrated player in Rangers history. 

He's the captain of Rangers Football Club, but probably Scotland's fourth or five best left back! :megaanguish:

And to think, some would call him a legend in the same breath as Greig, Jardine and Baxter. Pitiful.

I know, could be worse, could be somecunt like 'King Kenny' :megaanguish: 

3 hours ago, DeanMK said:

Warburton's tactics are horrendous and this season has been a car crash but trying to make out Lee Wallace is shite? This place is trainwreck at times. :lol:

He's a LB who can't defend.

The amount of goals we've lost down that side while he's AWOL is criminal, and even when he is in position he's still not up to much (see filth semi-final) or even the weekends goal. 

If it was Tav cunts would be baying for blood.