Holt, Hyndman & Toral

Another poor result, but the ONLY positive I took from the match today was our midfield trio: good energy, passing and vision at times. Toral is looking better each game he plays, and Hyndman is just class. Holt covered every inch of grass and had a good game too. I think we should stick with this midfield trio until the end of the season, as they will get much better as they get to know each other's attributes. We're STILL toothless in the last third though!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

Another poor result, but the ONLY positive I took from the match today was our midfield trio: good energy, passing and vision at times. Toral is looking better each game he plays, and Hyndman is just class. Holt covered every inch of grass and had a good game too. I think we should stick with this midfield trio until the end of the season, as they will get much better as they get to know each other's attributes. We're STILL toothless in the last third though!

Jason Holt is fucking shite. Runs about but ultimately gets bullied most games 

You kidding on?? It was obvious to me on Wednesday that a midfield three composed of two young loan signings and Halliday was a disaster. 

So what does he do today? The same two loan signings and holt! Fucking ridiculous. 

Midfield was absolutely powderpuff today. Aye to be fair hyndman and toral did come into it a bit more  near the end of the game, but nowhere near good enough. 

Midfield was shite! What game were you watching, the bullied us off the ball with ease and we didn't have anyone commanding it. Ran clean through the middle of us a few times too and they're was no real creativity.

i thought Hyndman looked out of position and Toral improved as game went on but he was only 'okay' Holt is shite

Hyndman is a class act it's plain to see, but fuck sake the lad is never a defensive midfielder, he struggled big time, especially first half, I'm not digging the boy he should never have been played in there in the first place as it completely stifled him as an attacking threat, which is his game. Another crazy decision 

6 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

You kidding on?? It was obvious to me on Wednesday that a midfield three composed of two young loan signings and Halliday was a disaster. 

So what does he do today? The same two loan signings and holt! Fucking ridiculous. 

Midfield was absolutely powderpuff today. Aye to be fair hyndman and toral did come into it a bit more  near the end of the game, but nowhere near good enough. 

Ok, but we've tried every permutation possible this season with the current squad we have and they have been found wanting. That's why I think the trio today should be given a chance to gel. And the WHOLE team was shite on Wednesday, not just the midfield.

7 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Must of been watching a different game, Toral is fucking shite. 

Watching same game as you. Give the guy a chance. You might be right, but I think his passing is good and he will get much better as his fitness improves.

1 minute ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

Ok, but we've tried every permutation possible this season with the current squad we have and they have been found wanting. That's why I think the trio today should be given a chance to gel. And the WHOLE team was shite on Wednesday, not just the midfield.

If we've tried them all and it's still shite, change the system/style. Midfield was as shite today as it's been all year.

1 minute ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

Watching same game as you. Give the guy a chance. You might be right, but I think his passing is good and he will get much better as his fitness improves.

He's played 4 games and done absolutely nothing, not one single thing of note. Looks knackered after about 20 minutes then goes into hiding. 

Look at the impact Hyndman has made compared to him. 

1 minute ago, jackrfc95 said:

He's played 4 games and done absolutely nothing, not one single thing of note. Looks knackered after about 20 minutes then goes into hiding. 

Look at the impact Hyndman has made compared to him. 

Ok, we will have to agree to disagree then mate, as I think his passing is good and he holds onto the ball well. He lacks serious pace though.

27 minutes ago, Bluenose1986 said:

You thinkso? Shite crosses. Shite free kicks. Fluffing clearances etc. Just usual from him to be honest. I'd rather Hodson in all fairness.  

Agree mate plus his positional sense is atrocious.Some of his crossing today was abysmal.Still living off the odd decent free kick on the Championship.Would rather have a defender who can defend than one who goes walkabouts and doesn't seem to know what's going on around him.Actually thought he started the season much better but another one who gets a game without offering anything to the team lately.

55 minutes ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

That midfield is far too lightweight.