Holt, Hyndman & Toral

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The reality is that we need 5 men in the midfield. 

We simply are not good enough to play with a 3 man midfield.

I also couldn't understand why Hyndman appeared to be deployed as the sitting MF (at least that was how it looked to me).  Particularly, as he has an eye for goal and is clearly an attack minded player.

Surely, MW isn't playing someone out of position.........................again.

57 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

The reality is that we need 5 men in the midfield. 

We simply are not good enough to play with a 3 man midfield.

I also couldn't understand why Hyndman appeared to be deployed as the sitting MF (at least that was how it looked to me).  Particularly, as he has an eye for goal and is clearly an attack minded player.

Surely, MW isn't playing someone out of position.........................again.

Yeah,Hyndman is better going forward, no doubt. The problem for MW is that everyone wanted Halliday dropped and we don't have a defensive midfielder now. 

Funny I was talking to my boy after the game and the last time we remember seeing us make a tackle in the midfield was Barton against Hamilton in the opening day of the season.

powderpuff bunch of fags 

Toral really grew into the game, Hyndman was decent never gave them the chance to kill off the game. Holt gets bullied too much in a midfield 3. I think he would be better in a midfield 5 when he can just move forward and he is clever around the box. Tav had a good game going forward and I think if we had possible changedates to a back 3 since we had so much possession 2nd half we could have got him further up the right wing 

1 hour ago, jamess said:

Quite good at attacking,  but alas like his team mates no end product.  A darker shade of O Halloran

No end product in what way? If you mean he didn't score then maybe you have a point, for now,  but surely you are not suggesting he can't pick a pass, or that he doesn't have great touch?

35 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

No end product in what way? If you mean he didn't score then maybe you have a point, for now,  but surely you are not suggesting he can't pick a pass, or that he doesn't have great touch?

Finding a blue shirt in the penalty area would be good

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I need to see the goal again, but did he not contribute to that?  I think he was very much the player we thought we were getting today, with the ability to improve.

And how many times did he go past his man,  and the cross went to nobody? And not just today.  He's not the only one to do this game after game.

Just now, jamess said:

And how many times did he go past his man,  and the cross went to nobody? And not just today.  He's not the only one to do this game after game.

I think there was some things he did in possession, particularly when challenged by an opponent, where he looked to have great talent on the ball. Going past a man may not be his game, but he looked a very good player in how he played with the ball. If he keeps that up I think he will be some player for the run in.

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I think there was some things he did in possession, particularly when challenged by an opponent, where he looked to have great talent on the ball. Going past a man may not be his game, but he looked a very good player in how he played with the ball. If he keeps that up I think he will be some player for the run in.

Something heavy has hit you on the head.......................

Just now, jamess said:

Yes of course.  Get that bump to the head seen to.....:confused:

I was talking about Toral. I'm off to my bed. For what it's worth Tavernier was good, in parts, particularly in effort and intensity, his final ball could have been better, although his move to set up Garner in the first half was quite good. All the best!

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I was talking about Toral. I'm off to my bed. For what it's worth Tavernier was good, in parts, particularly in effort and intensity, his final ball could have been better, although his move to set up Garner in the first half was quite good. All the best!

Ok, Toral was ok,  but Tav sums up a lot all our attack - does a lot of good stuff,  but the final ball is rank. All the best to you too.

7 hours ago, PRW. said:

Tavernier is at his best when he is charging forward, for some reason he has barely done it all season, done not bad today.

Charging out of position. Running across the midfield chasing the ball  and leaving the right back position exposed on numerous occasions. A headless chicken performance that will cost us dear against better sides. He's a nightmare.

I cannot believe the amount of grief Toral is getting on here. I thought he had a good game considering he has been in the squad for three weeks.

I thought Tav had the best game he has had all season but Garner has confirmed once again he is never a strikers arsehole, total waste of money and space please don't give me the same old he would be better in a different formation, he just a waste of money. While I'm at it thought McKay was woeful today, bullied off the ball time and time again has the same old cut inside onto his right foot, every defender in Scotland knows exactly what he is going to do.

Young Hyndman was the only one trying to get shots on target and he was supposed to be playing DM.

Absolutely gutted at the way we are playing, no muscle in the midfield, no one up front prepared to have a go at defences every time trying to pass our way through tight packed defenders. Rubbish.