• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, TheLawMan said:

Warburton knew the board wanted him to go.

Warburtons agent contacted the board and said "look we know you want rid of them, so can you confirm if they hand their resignation in and go elsewhere will you retract the compensation clause in their contracts"

The Board said "yes we would"

The Board then say "We have accepted the resignation"

Warburton says "but i havent resigned"

And lo and behold, he actually hasnt.

Again.  Just a hunch. :whistle:

I am starting to believe a scenario like this has played out. The story presented by the club doesn't add up.

Whilst I think getting an unhappy and struggling manager out the door is no bad thing - relations had broke down - the club have handled this appallingly. The statement was both an embarrassment and petty. The whole thing is just a shambles.

Court case/out of court settlement written all over it.

10 minutes ago, TheLawMan said:

Warburton knew the board wanted him to go.

Warburtons agent contacted the board and said "look we know you want rid of them, so can you confirm if they hand their resignation in and go elsewhere will you retract the compensation clause in their contracts"

The Board said "yes we would"

The Board then say "We have accepted the resignation"

Warburton says "but i havent resigned"

And lo and behold, he actually hasnt.

Again.  Just a hunch. :whistle:

Said this yesterday as it was just breaking, clear as day our board would do this. Cunts the lot of them. 

21 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

There is no way they would have a resignation letter without a new job lined up, not even an 18 year old just out of school would do that. It stinks.

my money is on our plotless board trying to get out of the compensation due

I had said in another thread I doubt that is the case.

If you look at how they handled the Barton issue, they didn't just dismiss him and then try to get out of compensation as they knew it wouldn't work that way and I feel this is similar.

If you think our board is dodgy then you need to read up more on agents. They are a fucking cancer of modern day football. I do think that the agent said they offer their resignation and will waive any compensation as he (not warburton) had discussions with Forest. Board agreed and Warburton went to discuss when it was reported he was away for a transfer target. Forest went with caretaker until end of the season and agent then tries to backtrack.

I doubt they will have a letter of resignation so it might be difficult to prove unless they have recorded discussions with the agent.

16 minutes ago, Amato said:

Keech has said on Twitter there is no  resignation letter and we terminated the contracts.

100% this is ending up at a tribunal.

No other club would operate this way regardless of whether or not Warburton was known to be interested in the Forest job. The drama and bad PR of it all isn't worth the monetary savings, it's another embarrassing chapter we didn't need.

King is a cowboy.

But if he went down to speak to NF, and it sounds like he did, without permission then he'd be in breach of contract. Or did we give him permission hoping he'd get it, and when he didn't we told him not to come back anyway? That actually sounds most likely thinking about it.

2 minutes ago, GMac said:

Every bit as legal as a written resignation. The problems proof. 

As binding in certain circumstances. What "be clear" is defined as is crucial.

"Resignations can be given verbally, but both employer and employee must be clear that the employee wants to end their employment. It's recommended that a resignation is made in writing."

5 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

So now the board are cunts Now? 

Just trying keep up

Well to be fair, that has been the general consensus for some time, this however is just another reason to think so in some people's eyes. 

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

As binding in certain circumstances. What "be clear" is defined as is crucial.

"Resignations can be given verbally, but both employer and employee must be clear that the employee wants to end their employment. It's recommended that a resignation is made in writing."

resignations can be verbally but only if the two parties agree and is amicable  if one is disputing the FACT than surely you must have a letter to make it   binding 

30 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Aye if it's true then the board have absolutely done the right thing. Anyone that doesn't want to be here can fuck off, we're not going to have him sitting tight until something more attractive to him comes along.

What's worrying me is where we go if there isn't a letter.

Getting into the realms of breach of trust now. The club were forml approach by the agent it seems. The club agreed to the request.  I actually think we are on reasonably solid ground. Any org must be able to safeguars its future and that involves management that are committed to the club while chasing that crucial second spot. Will get messy tho. 

Like reverse constructive dismissal.

If MW verbally asked to quit, it is legally binding. If he has recorded it and/or the request to withdraw the resignation then they have acted well. 

I cannot see the board acting like this without having proof. They know how it could have went.