First Old Firm Game

TheCutch

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gonna get pelters for this but the one at hampden in 2015. second was the recent one at ibrox. 

my dad used to take me to european/friendly games when i was a kid. first ever game was against Parma at Ibrox. i lost interest in football throughout my teenage years but would still watch our games on TV when possible of course. only when we went into admin did i come back. i felt like i needed to give the club my support. the thought of losing our club was too much. have only missed a few games since and have been a season ticket holder for 3 years now. 

36 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

FFS I remember this, thats a brilliant decision, staunch as fuck but its the nost natural thing to do if you hate they bastards, now I think about it I think it came out that he was either a current or former Season Ticket holder ??

200w.gif

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Jan 1997, must have only been about 9. 

Remember panicking because Laudrup wasn't making it. Was a night of pure chaos and heart thumping all the way through it.

Won 3-1, and they had an equaliser I think at 2-1 ruled out for offside. Just watched it back there and there was definately a staunch linesman! Cadete was onside by about 2 feet :lol: 

This was mine too.

Rangers 3 beggars 1 .Smith ,Greig and Parlane 

My virginity was broken as the whole experience back then was mass bedlam .Young pups would never understand how good it was 

Better than sex 

Big John Greig ran length of the pitch to tap in breakaway goal .

beggar players refusing to kick off as our goal resulted from them not getting a penalty at Rangers end .

Good old J P R Gordon 

Posted this recently on another thread.

Start of  1972-73 season, the tarriers were rebuilding their stand so their home OF game was at Hampden. Also the first ever 12 noon kick off so the atmosphere was weird and flat, nothing like I had been told about for years previously. I don't think we even needed tickets, the crowd was probably around 50,000 which at that time was less than half the capacity.

They outplayed us and they were 3-0 up before John Greig scored for us in the last minute.

September 83, we got beat 2 1,  McCoist scored in I think about 25 seconds ,I was 9 yrs old always remember walking back to car after the game and seeing a tim getting bottled over the head ,

First win against them with my old man was the McCoist hat trick league  final 84 happy days 

2 hours ago, jackrfc95 said:

Aye the extra time game was my first one, strangers next to me hugging me and stuff when Shota scored.

2 Indians below me giving  the billy boys big licks..   weds night match and I dint think we'd beaten them in 2 years previous or 8 games including cups.

i just knew walking from the louden to the ground that it was our night. It was great