First Old Firm Game

TheCutch

This topic has been done in the past, but always throws up some decent memories, and we have a lot of new members since the last time it was done.

So what was your first match against the filth from the East?

I had been going to matches with my older cousin for a couple of years before my mum would let him take me to an OF match, so at 12yrs old my first was on 9th November 1985.

Rangers 3 Celtic 0

Durrant, Cooper and McMinn scored the goals.

It was a complete and utter blur to me, and I have very few recollections of the game itself.

My 2nd incidentally, later that season was the famous 4-4 draw at Ibrox. And I remeber that one vividly.

My first visit to the piggery was the New Year game in 1988, which was a 2-0 defeat. Was a fuckin horrible experience.

So how did everyone else fair in their debut match watching us against the Mhanks?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TheCutch said:

This topic has been done in the past, but always throws up some decent memories, and we have a lot of new members since the last time it was done.

So what was your first match against the filth from the East?

I had been going to matches with my older cousin for a couple of years before my mum would let him take me to an OF match, so at 12yrs old my first was on 9th November 1985.

Rangers 3 Celtic 0

Durrant, Cooper and McMinn scored the goals.

It was a complete and utter blur to me, and I have very few recollections of the game itself.

My 2nd incidentally, later that season was the famous 4-4 draw at Ibrox. And I remeber that one vividly.

My first visit to the piggery was the New Year game in 1988, which was a 2-0 defeat. Was a fuckin horrible experience.

So how did everyone else fair in their debut match watching us against the Mhanks?

The highlight of quite a poor season. We were superb that day with Ted McMinn running amock against Willie McStay who the ref eventually sent off - probably to save him any further embarrassment .

Jan 1997, must have only been about 9. 

Remember panicking because Laudrup wasn't making it. Was a night of pure chaos and heart thumping all the way through it.

Won 3-1, and they had an equaliser I think at 2-1 ruled out for offside. Just watched it back there and there was definately a staunch linesman! Cadete was onside by about 2 feet :lol: 

My first two are real contrasts in results. First at home was the 3-1 bo Andersen new year game. First at the piggery was that 6-2 defeat.  :megaanguish:.  First at hampden was 1-0 wee rod scoring. Have hardly missed any since, would love to know if we've won or lost more in that time, must be tight. 

Wasn't allowed to go until I was 16 so when I was allowed a few months before I was 16 I was buzzing.

Got my clothes all ready night before, couldn't sleep. Threw up in the morning with excitement. 

Then it happened, 5 fucking 1. We smashed the dirty rodents, their silence was incredible. My first old firm and we beat the dirty fucks 5-1.  

A day I'll never forget 

30 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Remember panicking because Laudrup wasn't making it. Was a night of pure chaos and heart thumping all the way through it.

Won 3-1, and they had an equaliser I think at 2-1 ruled out for offside. Just watched it back there and there was definately a staunch linesman! Cadete was onside by about 2 feet :lol: 

Sssshh! I think the bheasts have forgotten about that offside call :craphead:

14 minutes ago, ricksen_da_best said:

3-0 at Ibrox in 2007. 

Novo scored first from Hutton cross, Ferguson the second and Adam won a penalty. Sure Mcculloch scored in injury time as well but got ruled out.

Same here mate. If I remember right big Cousin poleaxed McManus in the first half. Thought he killed him. ?

45 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

FFS I remember this, thats a brilliant decision, staunch as fuck but its the nost natural thing to do if you hate they bastards, now I think about it I think it came out that he was either a current or former Season Ticket holder ??