Is Anyone elses faith in King and the board beginning to slip away?

Thermopylae

If there isn't a remarkable and unexpected managerial appointment, backed up by some decent signings we will know the guy is a charlatan. If that's the case he has managed to fool a lot of people. The only salvageable mitigation for this Murty character still being there is the 'we must take our time, important decision' line. Why would that have prevented the standard kind of appointment of a mediocre, but experienced manager to stand in? It better not be just the cheap option.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh i think I fell asleep where our club is concerned, went from staring into space wondering whether we'd have a club to support to accepting the new messiha and his vision of the future, now I'm wide awake and see the  messiha for the lying bastard that he is, much akin to the lying messiha that every religion is based on, time to take our club and city back, time for the bears to awaken from hibernation, I was wrong, I backed the wrong horse, time for us all to man up, admit we were wrong and do something about it, mass walk outs and boycotts are not  usually my thing, but now I'd support it, what we have right now in our wallets are all they care about, I care about that badge and nothing else, I've fell out with quite a few people today including my auld man and I'll sort that tomorrow, but it's only because I care, you care and we care pissed right off and FTP ?

1 hour ago, Thermopylae said:

I can't help feeling something must have put off potential investors ... as a test of strength we showed by attracting huge crowds in the lower leagues that we are a big club with bags of potetntial and yet there wasn't a great deal of interest when the time came 

You don't need to look any further than them mate. You have to ask why any board also allowed our name to be dragged through the mud time after time just adding to that toxic brand. 

Even if King somehow pulls a rabbit out of the hat with a managerial appointment that convinces people to renew season tickets, we will still be in serious trouble. The new manager will have the same type of transfer budget we have had over the past year or so, and the club will be relying on the ST money plus the soft loans to keep afloat.  There will be no outside investment in Rangers while King is around, as he is widely seen in the business world for what he is - utterly toxic. His promises to leverage fresh income into the club have not surprisingly come to nothing.   We are where we have been for the past few years - in desperate need of a major outsider or consortium to buy out a corrupt regime and provide the level of financing required to take us back where we belong.  Can't see it happening any day soon though. 

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Totally opposed to him from day one. I swayed a couple of times, but never had faith in him with his MO. A convicted felon should never be the Chairman of this great institution. He has made us more toxic than nuclear waste. Sadly, it looks like I have been proven correct. He has lied and conned us and has not one ounce of strategic thinking, nor gives a fuck about us. He never defends us and appears to be related to Lord Lucan.

A cancer that needs serious surgery.

You and me mate ,may not have been exclusively apposed to these cunts . We were certainly the most vociferous in our hatred way back .

Would have loved to be wrong but there wasn't a chance in hell we were sadly .

6 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Even if King somehow pulls a rabbit out of the hat with a managerial appointment that convinces people to renew season tickets, we will still be in serious trouble. The new manager will have the same type of transfer budget we have had over the past year or so, and the club will be relying on the ST money plus the soft loans to keep afloat.  There will be no outside investment in Rangers while King is around, as he is widely seen in the business world for what he is - utterly toxic. His promises to leverage fresh income into the club have not surprisingly come to nothing.   We are where we have been for the past few years - in desperate need of a major outsider or consortium to buy out a corrupt regime and provide the level of financing required to take us back where we belong.  Can't see it happening any day soon though. 

Corruption is was the beggars are good at mate . I hate King but corruption is only a word that should be used when referring to the scum .

Take all your points though

beginning? never did have faith in them. they've just ruined the season. as much as i didn't like warburton ever since they sacked him we've got way worse. never thought it possible. 2nd place is out the window. fuck sake we'll be lucky to finish 3rd. as for the SC well no doubt we'll be put out that. fs how can we face those teams if we can't defeat the likes of dundee and inverness fs.

they better get tae fuck but oh no...too many cunts support that lot. my season ticket won't be getting renewed. will be fucking chopped up and tossed tae fuck. no wasting £480 on this shite anymore until a proper board is in place. fucking joke we have become. 

15 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Corruption is was the beggars are good at mate . I hate King but corruption is only a word that should be used when referring to the scum .

Take all your points though

I think conspiring to talk down the share value of a company in order to acquire it on the cheap, and then dismantling the governance arrangements in order to ensure that shareholders can't hold you fully accountable, counts as corruption, or something pretty close to it. 

6 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

I think conspiring to talk down the share value of a company in order to acquire it on the cheap, and then dismantling the governance arrangements in order to ensure that shareholders can't hold you fully accountable, counts as corruption, or something pretty close to it. 

Agree. Wouldn't give a flying fuck though if it worked out. As it is, only an unmistakable, clearly stated increase in investment will convince me that King hasn't shafted us. I don't know how all this works financially, but what would be the actual point in his involvement if he didn't want to invest the necessary funds? Murty in charge still; Warburton fiasco - smacks of financial trouble.

23 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Fair point mate

The vast majority of the fans were happy with our management at the end of last season, despite the SC final and seemingly 'downed tools' by players after the league was won.

The same management had been given enough funds to have 2nd place secured by now. Anyone thinking we'd have won the league this season was naïve.

That we haven't 2nd place secured by now is the fault of the management and players, not the Board.

The management have been removed, it is now up to the Board to get to grips with and sort out this mess, this is very much up to them.

And they fucking better !!!

6 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

Fair enough I know some had more faith in him than others to begin with.

I do sometimes wonder if we would have been better with Ashley? He's certainly turned nasty since we tried to get him out the door but I'm sure King would have been just the same if the roles has been reversed and it was his investment that was under sttack

His only interest was money and he was trying to manoeuvre us into a place where he owned our assets. Rangers aren't Newcastle we can't get into the EPL which is why he's invested (to a point) in Newcastle he simply wanted to make money from Rangers.  He's the problem, the board either don't have the money or don't want to invest their money in the club they've stabilised us but now we need to go forward otherwise we're stuck. So in my view we need new investment or new ownership but it must be the right ownership we've had enough disasters. Whatever we cannot continue like this last night was unbelievably painful. 

36 minutes ago, bob1873 said:

His only interest was money and he was trying to manoeuvre us into a place where he owned our assets. Rangers aren't Newcastle we can't get into the EPL which is why he's invested (to a point) in Newcastle he simply wanted to make money from Rangers.  He's the problem, the board either don't have the money or don't want to invest their money in the club they've stabilised us but now we need to go forward otherwise we're stuck. So in my view we need new investment or new ownership but it must be the right ownership we've had enough disasters. Whatever we cannot continue like this last night was unbelievably painful. 

Isn't king and co?!

We are far from stabilised.

4 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Tbh i think I fell asleep where our club is concerned, went from staring into space wondering whether we'd have a club to support to accepting the new messiha and his vision of the future, now I'm wide awake and see the  messiha for the lying bastard that he is, much akin to the lying messiha that every religion is based on, time to take our club and city back, time for the bears to awaken from hibernation, I was wrong, I backed the wrong horse, time for us all to man up, admit we were wrong and do something about it, mass walk outs and boycotts are not  usually my thing, but now I'd support it, what we have right now in our wallets are all they care about, I care about that badge and nothing else, I've fell out with quite a few people today including my auld man and I'll sort that tomorrow, but it's only because I care, you care and we care pissed right off and FTP ?

Boycotts eh

Alright Craig ?

1 hour ago, Siam69 said:

The vast majority of the fans were happy with our management at the end of last season, despite the SC final and seemingly 'downed tools' by players after the league was won.

The same management had been given enough funds to have 2nd place secured by now. Anyone thinking we'd have won the league this season was naïve.

That we haven't 2nd place secured by now is the fault of the management and players, not the Board.

The management have been removed, it is now up to the Board to get to grips with and sort out this mess, this is very much up to them.

And they fucking better !!!

Not at games they weren't there were a lot of the support could see he had been found out. Boards been found out too many times now.

5 hours ago, Marco said:

I had zero faith in King's new regime to begin with! Absolutely sick of these parasitic 'Rangers' Men'. 

Same here.

Will be hard to get behind any new manager, because they'll be a King appointment.